Weapons Mastery Progression??

Rice

I personally feel F&F is missing an alternative to magic: Magic progression is currently the only way to earn levels/stat points. This limits all non-mage characters significantly, as even a Lv3 mage would usually stomp a swordsman in 1v1 CRP. Thus, I propose a way to train one's mastery of a specific weapon (or even multiple ones) as an alternative. In the higher levels, mages would still stomp (a lv10 sword master would likely have very little options against a lv10 aquamancer, unless the fight starts in close quarters and sword master has initiative), however, this addition of an alternative will encourage different playstyles, instead of it being mage or nothing.
Other than stat points, I recommend that most weapon "abilities" added be passives, with the exception of maybe a new striking technique.
Example: While a mage may unlock stat points+ a new spell at lv3, a swordmaster would get stat points + a passive boost to his health due to being physically stronger. At lv5, like a mage may choose his specialization, a swordmaster would choose between a Strength or Speed specialization, and so on.
(Small note: Don't do dumb anime sword magic please. Weapon masters should not be able to incorporate magic into their weapons. Let's keep it real!)

even a Lv3 mage would usually stomp a swordsman in 1v1 CRP.
Bestie if ur getting stomped by level 3 mages thats on u-

also
Other than stat points, I recommend that most weapon "abilities" added be passives,
You can forge custom weapons with unique traits and abilities. You just need to make a lore ticket and roll decent.

also

You can forge custom weapons with unique traits and abilities. You just need to make a lore ticket and roll decent.
1- I haven't pvp'ed mages yet, but after reading up on magic in the wiki,I feel like they have an overwhelming advantage from a theoretical standpoint.
2- I had no idea you could forge custom weapons lol, mb

also

I like to think they meant more of like, something tied to the character. Rather than a piece of equipment

Back