Nation Announcement A bone for the mad dog of Hadriana.

Arkhun

Kaiser of the Hadrian Empire, Based High elf, God
Staff member
[!] on the night of 5-12-1528, the air above Adelsburg, Bergwood, and Norburen would light up as a swarm of Phoenixes approached the cities, circling over them for a while before diving down to the people below in flaming fury. Upon reaching a height just over the rooftops, the phoenixes would dissolve in a rain of fire. It would not burn nor hurt anybody, yet it makes for quite the light show. As the light fades, letters with the Therri'cill's stamp on them would appear on the ground around the people. One would also be delivered to the imperial palace.

background.jpg

pasted image 0.png

To the so-called Emperor of the occupied Hinterlands,

It has come to my attention that the mad dog of Hadriana has attempted to threaten my people and me. The bloodthirsty Hadrian mindset reveals itself once again; this time, it is aimed at the innocent citizenry of the Enlightened Kingdom. Many may be wondering, why has the faul hound of the west set his sights on his peaceful neighbor? For punishing one that almost caused undead annihilation upon me, the Azari people, and the sacred glade as a whole. He is declared a liar and a criminal in both nations and has to suffer the consequences of his actions.

It does not surprise me in the slightest that the pretender of the west, who is so blinded by his own arrogance and putrid, would take offense to this. He who usurped the throne from the good and honest Withmonds. Ever since the rule of the chivalrous Matthias came to an end, the Hadrian Empire has been regressing back into the horrid state it was when the Lichtenfelts family ruled it before.

You claim that your pity kingdom is built on peace and prosperity, that you allowed us to live out our lives in the Glade of Dragons as a gift. Yet I wish to correct you on that matter as it is nothing but false propaganda from a king who has no legacy of his own. It were the Von Lichtenfelts who are the main cause of all the chaos that has befallen the Hadrian people. From the very beginning, the gluttonous greedy hands of the Emperors of ancient Attia caused its doom. They allowed themselves to be possessed by witches and demons from the void that forced their now-dead god to punish them for their failure by washing away his entire creation. Only for the Attian people to then conquer peaceful Hinterlander lands to carve out a pretender state through blood and conquest.

It was only through the hands of the righteous Withmonds that order could have been restored. Yet their dynasty did not last as the Attian doctrine of backstabbing infighting and betrayal once again took over by the hands of the new Lichtenfelts emperor. He who murdered the late king Matthias in cold blood and then silenced clergy witnesses by dismantling the entire institute that is the Hadrian church and allowing the Brickenden witch of the North to dwell in luxury as long as she safeguards his secret.

Now that Philipp sits on a stolen throne in occupied lands he comes to the Zaithralls to continue his family legacy of death and destruction. Yet I remain unmoved.
Philipp von Lichtenfelts is no more than a pretender claiming a legacy of a dead empire washed away by a false God while occupying lands that are not his to this very day. The Empire of peace and prosperity is the greatest lie the world has ever witnessed and he knows it. The empire his kind created can be found up north. Dead.

Your ancestral seat is nothing but a ruin, your servants are corpses, and the beasts you idolize so much that gave your forefathers the right to rule are nothing more than fertilizer for Azari crops. All the great Hadrian Empire has done is tear itself to shreds time and time again after which it came begging at my doorstep to bail them out when they were once again at their lowest. And now you wish to challenge the legitimacy of a dynasty that is older than you, your empire, your bloodline, the corpse that is the Attian legacy, and the barbaric tribes that roamed the ancient lands before that.

You are a disgrace to your race and the first and only thing you as the limp-dick emperor will do is plunge your nation once again into all-out chaos. If that is what you wish, know that I will take great pleasure in orchestrating your downfall. Yet I am no warmonger like yourself, hence why I invite you and whoever you deem worthy of being with you to come and speak this out like civilized people. If you refuse, let it be known that it was the incompetence of the Lichtenfelts bloodline that caused all the bloodshed that may follow.

The choice is yours, Philipp. Show them who you really are.
May the Mother save your soul.

pasted image 0.png

Signed,
Therri'cill Aldir'tor Zaithrall
Aeri'cill A'mos Zaithrall
Pricecilus Respen Zaithrall

Silver Cloak Fynenar Aey'flir
Fini'Solilunn Fenro Glynwarin
Rightful heir of the throne of the Hinterlands; Silas Moetiour - van Leuveren

Celestine would let out a chuckle as she read through the letter. "Apparently I'm important enough to remember and mention?" She'd click her tongue, reading over the title she was gifted, a new one. "The witch of the North. That's quite catchy." When she finished reading the letter, she burnt it, leaving a pile of hopeless, worthless ashes behind.

The Lord Envoy of Hadriana cocked a brow throughout his entire perusal of the letter whence a copy of it arrived to his hand. Truthfully, as he sipped his pint mug of tea, Talbot wasn't surprised the 'Enlightened' Kingdom's response to a legitimate call for accountability, after they brazenly paid a third party to commit an act of war, was little more than drivel and ad hominem.

Philipp couldn't do anything but smile as he read the letter, and as he spoke to his courtiers all that could really come to mind was "Ich believe we struck a nerve, ze white-haired twig has quite ze temper." He'd further jest "He cannot help but prove me right, can he?" as he continued preparations for tonight's feast. He would deal with this on the morrow, letting the Therri'cill marinade in his infantile fussiness.

Back