A letter to PhilippI Wilhelm II

Jessica

Community Team
Staff member
[!] A letter would be sent to PhilippI Wilhelm II. It would be written in neat handwriting. The paper would be decorated with purple decorations.
1679250625943.png

It was a pain in our hearts to have heard that our brothers to our south are still determined to expand their Empire north, inside our land. Hadrian soil they call it, but the only leftover of Hadrian soil is the swamp to our south which is full of horrors and evils, haunting the people. And then I ask, why do they look north with everything happening in their own Empire? With the recent raid and defilement of the town of Bergwood, the Empire of Hadriana has shown little to no effort to clean up the destruction that was caused. The town has been reeking like animal carcasses for months, and the Empire has done nothing to remedy the situation.

The Bone Lord stepped on the soil of Eden and yet the Hadrian Empire is more set on overtaking us and expanding their Empire than uniting against this common enemy. The Black Obelisk still stands, the Bone Lord and his pledgers are still out there, waiting in the shadows to strike again. To you, Emperor of Hadriana, why waste the lives of your people and ours for your own ambition, power, and status? This all while you are saying our democracy failed, but are you not a lone ruler? A lone ruler that lets the people solve their own internal problems, the problems of their towns, while you look only to us? Try to look down, down at your folk and people, and solve their problems before you look to us again and our political system.

1679250712507.png
Signed,
Jinx van der Bijlkrijger,
grand pensionary of Raevendrecht​

Hugo was a tad bit confused, reading this neat letter.. He could have sworn that he and Ser Siegfried, the Kaiser, and even his own sister was there for the cleanup of the church. ".. Maybe the letter got here late?" He questioned, stomach churning again at the mere thought of what once lay inside that church.

Cedric would be sitting on a bench, overlooking the town of Norbüren from the foot of the ruined statue that lays south of it. He would enjoy the feeling of the sun resting on him, though, the golden mask now blocked the warmth. A servant rushed up to him.
"My liege, there is news, a response has been sent to our Kaiser." said the young woman with a bow, extending her hand towards Cedric.
Cedric turned his head and took it, ushering her away to keep her distance due to his condition. She did as she was told while Cedric began reading the letter with his one remaining eye. At last, he would snicker.

"And who wrote this?" he asked while amused.
"Jinx van der Bijlkrijger, my Herzog." The servant said in compliance.
"And does she remember our peoples history?" Cedric said mockingly about the letter.
"I don't think she does, my Herzog, seeing your reaction."
"Tell me, how long ago did we clean up the mess the Cultists of the so-called Bone Lord in our realm?" He looked over his shoulder to her. "I believe it was 2 weeks ago, when we finished cleaning in Bergwood, and a month ago when you and your men cleaned the temples and shrines around the realm, my Herzog." She answered with a finger on her cheek, a smile forming on her lips as she now saw what Cedric was getting at as she joined the mocking.
"And they have yet to clean up the mess of their burned temple from a month ago." He laughed.
"So she clearly has got nothing to say. Other than her showing us that she doesn't even come out of her self-made box of personal truths and make-belief." He folded the letter. "She was a good woman once, when she lived in the realm. I remembered her fondly. Remembered." He added that it was now no longer the case. "Adding to this-" he gestured to the letter as he stood up. "That we found our bridge burned and covered in their banners just 3 days ago." He sighed, overlooking the mountain range around the town. "A shame. Another war, and then to think we became better than our ancestors. It seems the Hinterlanders need to be proven another history lesson."
With that, he began walking downhill. His servant following him with a grin on her face.

Last edited:
The Lord-Commander od Albion sits upon his throne, within the Castle Bergwood, reading the sent missive.

"Ah, yes. The town of Bergwood. Desecrated! In shambles! Rotting corpses, all around! Most assuredly."

The Imperial crumples up this parchment, tossing it into the hands of his secretary. He breaks out into thunderous laughter, head inclining back to his throne.

"Complete foolishness. A testament to their dying, corrupt nation. Rotted to the core, they cannot even manage the reconnaissance of a town province before splurging utter garbage on pen and paper and declaring it to the public.

"How do they plan to win a war?"

@sadgalli @snakegotcake @ComradeYuta @MrBlwe @Lionfiles @SenorRed @Ryanark

Seated within the office of the Adelsburg courthouse, the Chancellor sat in their seat in the silent night, the smoking fire-place, and hanging lantern the only source of light in the room. Adjusting his reading glasses, Sine reached his glove hands into the pile of papers, grabbing onto the most recent letter sent his way, regarding a 'Philippl the II'. A brow raised, the Chancellor read the letter thoroughly, and after a long moment of silence, tossed the letter into the fire-place behind him, before he continued on with his duties.

Back