Nation Announcement A snake in the grass.

Sid

High King
[!] A large black raven would fly into the Anjyarri throneroom, delivering a piece of parchment bearing the sigil of the Hadrian Empire to the Sultan himself.

Hadrian_Empire_Logo.png

1653071094876.png

As a response to the Sultan of Anjyarr,

A smile formed upon my face when I first got delivered your letter. One could only assume it would convey good tidings, it being gilded and flamboyantly decorated, but alas. The letter that was brought before me was sadly not one that spoke of a bright future, but one of the dark tidings to come. It is because of this that I am forced to write my own letter on behalf of the Empire of Hadriana.

I wish to start by saying that the Hadrian Empire appreciates the concern the Sultan has shown for our well-being and his shrewd observations of the current political state of Eden, specifically between the Enlightened Kingdom of Luminion and our beloved Empire. And I too, do not agree with the meddling from the High Elves in Hadrian affairs. Yet sometimes one has to rise above their pride to achieve a greater goal, for instance, the safe return of one of our royal council members. We have now concluded our business with them, and see no reason to dwell on the past.

The decision to break off treaties with the Empire of Anjyarr is one that was made with a heavy heart, even though it was only one of trade. Yet as any good Kaiser would do, at the time he made the wise decision to protect the life of one of his citizens. But it is now the time to move on to greener pastures, and I would like to invite you to Castle Lichtenfelts, in order to speak about the future of our relations. Yet this cannot happen under the circumstances we find ourselves in today, because we believe a grave error has been made in your judgement.

Before both our Empires can look forward and have any chance at cooperation, an issue will have to be resolved, specifically that of the wanted fugitive Arnoud van Leuveren. You are right about the High Elf's involvement with the decision to strip the former lord of his lands and titles, yet this was something that our beloved Kaiser would have to do, whether there was involvement from a foreign party or not. Arnoud van Leuveren met with the Kaiser a short time before his tragic visit to the Luminous court, where a plan of action was discussed to regain his nephew. He then ignored any existing orders from the Kaiser, for instance, to go to the Luminous court in the first place. The former noble went directly against the Kaiser's wishes, creating a large strain between the Elves and the Hadrian Empire, all for his personal gain. When he caught wind of having to be held responsible for his actions, he fled and has since been granted asylum within the borders of the Empire of Anjyarr.

It is because of this that I ask Sultan Sig'vyl Al-Buthara to deliver Arnoud van Leuveren to Adelsburg at the nearest possible date, so he can stand trial for his actions and be processed according to Hadrian imperial law. This request can either be fulfilled or the Empire of Anjyarr will have to go into their future offensives alone, as we will not consider the well-being of Anjyarr any of our concern moving forward.

PngItem_103151.png

Signed:
Lord-Regent Philipp von Lichtenfelts,
Duke of the Western Hinterlands, Reichsmarschall of the Hadrian Empire
LichtenfeltsSigil.png

Back