Server Announcement Community- & Moderation Team Update May 2022

1651242184995.png

Past achievements and our outlook on the future!
Community- & Moderation Team Update

1651489031043.png

Introduction
Hello there! This month's community update is brought to you
by the one and only server mom. I'm glad to be back on track and am
excited to show you all the progress we have made this month, as a team and
as a server.

Just like last time, I will get you all through the feedback we have received,
both from the community feedback form, and general comments and information
we have gathered. I will also reflect back on last month's results, what
we have done to improve these, and how the fruits of these
efforts are seen within the new form.

I think I've done enough talking, so let's get into it!

1651489031043.png

Community Feedback Evaluation
With this month's feedback form, we wanted to see if all our efforts from this
month had paid off, and it seems they have! By getting rid of bad apples,
providing one-on-one help to community members and most of all just doing what
we're best at, we managed to restore our average community score back to an 8. The
most chosen answer was a 9.
We're glad and thankful that many of you have seen the efforts we have made, and are incredibly
thankful for the continued support!

Something everybody seems to agree on is that the world of Fables & Fantasy can be a little bit quiet during
times. Our biggest suggestion from this form is to make more small events, casual encounters,
and such. And trust me, we've heard you all! I will give you a little teaser later, but for now,
stay with me while I run you through all the remaining points on the list.

1651489031043.png

Recruitment
Lots of applications have come in since our last update, and all of CT works their hardest to
turn these applications into wanderers of Eden!

In our previous feedback forms, it became apparent that most of our players had
joined us by hearing about us through friends. However, this month's feedback form was filled in
by many people joining us via PMC. To put this into perspective, in April the percentage of
people who have found us through PMC was only 19%, this month it is at a steady 40%.

1651492556137.png

Besides many of you joining us pre-launch we have had many new players as of recent! This can
also be seen in the results of our form, where the amount of pre-launch players and April players
are the same. We are grateful for every player, no matter how long you've been with us!

1651492953684.png

Server and community status

1651509406128.png

1651509429077.png

*looks around. "Ahw maaan, it looks like Ginger is coming over, I gotta get out of here! I'll see you later!" πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ
1651489031043.png

πŸš“
🚨
!!!THE FUN POLICE HAS ARRIVED!!!
🚨
πŸš“

At long last, some information on what has been going on in the Moderation Team since I took over!

After taking over as the Moderation Manager some time ago, I decided to reform the way the team functions by making a few additions and changes!
A short summary of the most major changes I've made:
  • Wrote guidelines for the Moderation Team
  • Added the rank of 'Trial Moderator' & reworked the in-game permissions of Moderators
  • Made some minor changes to the general ruleset of the server to prevent some confusion by changing the phrasing.
    An important example of such a rule change is the fact that underground structures (i.e. farming areas) are now illegal since we wish to establish a sense of realism on our server! If you are not sure whether a structure you want to make is illegal or not, feel free to contact either the Moderation Team or the Build Team!

• Another important addition is the all-new /halt command!
    Most of you have probably already seen it announced on the Discord server, but I'll give a quick rundown of what it does and how it works.
    By typing /halt <charactername> or /halt <username>, you'll halt a player. Whether your /halt was successful or not will be made visible in chat after executing the command!
    The range of /halt is 15 blocks. If you successfully halt a player, staff will be alerted so we can make sure that no one runs away from roleplay/an official roleplay-lock will be in place.

Besides some guidelines for the Moderation Team, I've also been busy writing some Community & Roleplaying Standards in combination with the Community & Lore Team.
This is to ensure that our community remains a safe & friendly place for everyone to enjoy, and that roleplay encounters reach a certain standard!

Sadly, these guidelines are not yet ready to be published. I hope to have finished them by the 9th of May!

Well, this is all I have to bring to you this month! Thank you for reading, and future updates will follow!
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact the Moderation Team:
- Ginger#2829
- PetitePaintings#2561

πŸš“
🚨
!!!FUN POLICE HEADING OUT!!!
🚨
πŸš“

1651489031043.png

"Is he gone? Thank god, let's quickly continue before he comes back!"

Staff Roster

The staff has mostly seen additions as of late! I'm very excited to share these with you.

Community team has seen two additions!
+ οΌ­ο½ο½ƒοΌ†ο½ƒο½ˆο½…ο½…ο½“ο½…γ€€οΌ±ο½•ο½…ο½…ο½Žγ€€γ‚«ζ΅γ‚#6971
+ recoon004#8317

Lore team has seen three addition and one promotion!
+ jelle.#0001
+ Charlie#8188
+ plague_doctor#8641
+ ParacosmicTelly#6244

Tech team has also taken in an apprentice!
+ Appenzeill#2485

And two departures:
- AsylumAsh#2510
- ! Avacado The Diricawl#0888

If you wish to apply to become staff, you can always apply! All our staff
applications can be found over here: [LINK]

1651489031043.png

Community contest
I'm very excited to announce this month's community contest. Last month's contest was received extremely
well by all of you, which we love to see! We had so many good submissions. Before I announce this month's
contest, I will give a quick recap of the winners of the April community
contest 2022: Screenshot contest:

1ST place: HexIsGone#8043
1651509691336.png

2ND place: RandomCreep#7410
1651509581123.png

3RD place: soyeahstuff#1725
1651509924669.png

This month's community contest is..... πŸ₯πŸ₯
a skins contest! There will be five categories to participate in. We have set up
a select set of rules we'd like every participant of the contest to follow. We do ask
that all skins are made by oneself. We also wish that skins are submitted in the right category and
format provided in the pinned messages in the channels themselves. Every participant can
submit two skins per category. All of them also need to be of your own character.
We wish for all skins to be provided with a screenshot of the front, and an
upload of the skin image (2D skin). That's all!

The five categories are as follows:
-Commoners' clothes, your everyday outfit
-Armour
-Fancy wear female
-Fancy wear male
-Masquerade

From every category, just one winner will be chosen. This winner will receive a mystery prize 😏
Submitting your skins can be done until the 20th of May, 21:00 CEST, 3PM EST.
May the best skin makers win!

1651489031043.png

Looking forward:
What is coming sometime in the upcoming months? Well, allow me to give you all a little teaser!
The biggest piece of feedback we constantly receive is that there is a desire to see more content that can be played in the more quiet hours.
And so we provide! We have been working tirelessly in the background to give shape to the first major content update in F&F.

What do I mean by that? Well, I can't tell you all too much just yet, but what I can do is
lift the lid a little bit to give you all an idea of what to expect.
First of all, Eden is in dire need of more life, Right?- Well, we think so too, and we have been working hard to get custom mobs and animals into the world. No, not just a zombie with a funny name, but actual new mobs that are far from what the vanilla Minecraft experience can provide. But all without mods! Which makes it kinda vanilla after all...? Oh well, more on that soon!

Besides that, we are working on a proficiency system. This will allow players to gain skills and train
those to make a gigantic host of new items, weapons, potions, tools, etc.
No, it is not a simple jobs system. I will go into more detail once we have it all a little more worked out,
but I'm sure you all will enjoy it! To put it into perspective, the lore team wrote out 65 new plants, berries,
and flowers. Crazy right?!

Anyway, that is it for now. I will be back next CT update to give you all a heads-up on our progress.

For any questions, regarding anything, you can always contact our community team.
CT-TM: NietKirsten#7899

CT: recoon004#8317
CT: οΌ­ο½ο½ƒοΌ†ο½ƒο½ˆο½…ο½…ο½“ο½…γ€€οΌ±ο½•ο½…ο½…ο½Žγ€€γ‚«ζ΅γ‚#6971
CT: Vulturia#0001

Last edited by a moderator:
Back