D'WICHTEGKEET - THE #1 NEWSPAPER OF THE HADRIAN EMPIRE - FIRST ISSUE (!!!)

Sundance

title2.png

internationalaffairs.png

HADRIAN EMPIRE ON BRINK OF WAR WITH REPUBLIC OF RAEVENDRECHT
Tensions have been soaring ever higher since the delivery of an ultimatum by the Kaiser of Hadriana, demanding the return of North-Flüssland to the Hadrian Empire. With the deadline no passed and no diplomatic resolution in sight, it seems that it will soon boil over into open conflict. The cause is a series of diplomatic disputes between the Hadrian Empire and Republic, with the Kaiser in his ultimatum sharply criticizing their government as an effective monarchy, their democracy as a 'failed project', and the Estates-General as 'Yay-Sayers'. The Stadtholder has yet to deliver a response to the ultimatum, and it seems his retort will be written on the field, not parchment. Predictions for the war are grim for the Republic, and it seems the conflict will be mercifully brief.

DENUR DECLARE INDEPENDENCE, NEW CONSTITUTION
The Denur have returned to the world stage, reclaiming the existence of a state that was once extinguished with the fall of Dar-Ach-Denur. Under the leadership of the Denur Council they declared independence earlier this week, establishing a new state to be named the Iron Orhim, as well as a new constitution. It would seem they have the tacit support of the Kaiser of the Hadrian Empire, as he lent his signature to the independence declaration. Officially they are neutral in world affairs, but it remains to be seen if they will be able to maintain this stance.

domesticaffairs.png

EMERGENCY SESSION OF THE HADRIAN DUMA, FOURTH SESSION SCHEDULED TO BEGIN SOON
Following an Emergency Session of the Duma in response to the Raevendrecht situation - in short voting to authorize the aforementioned Ultimatium - the fourth session of our Empire's vaunted Duma is scheduled to be held later this week, seeking to address the recent raid on Norburen by forces affiliated with the Republic of Raevendrecht, the destruction of the bridge connecting the two states, the potential for war, and military defenses. They will likely release a statement on the results of the Duma soon after it concludes, and will be able to put it into better words than this paper can. Citizens should rest assured that they intend to act swiftly and decisively, on all matters.

PLATINUM PINT TAVERN UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

The largest tavern in the capital of Adelsburg has come under new ownership following Abel's sudden illness, which is expected to remain until he recovers..And that new owner - is me! The writer of this paper. Hi, my names Eveline Ludwig. Landsknecht, part-time newspaper columnist, and alcohol enthusiast. I have changed the rules a little bit - Every day I'll hold a happy hour where your first drink is free, fist-fights are now permitted so don't talk shite unless you're willing to throw down, and if you don't like the price of drinks I will personally accept any challenge of a fisticuffs match with the prize of one free mug of your favorite booze, at risk of you getting beat til' you piss blood. Finally, the tavern now has a new official newspaper, which you're reading right now. I hope to see you, dear readers, at the Platinum Pint as soon as possible.

events.png

AID DISPATCHED TO LOHIIM
The devastated village of Lohiim is expected to soon receive help from our Empire on orders of the Lord Commander Siegfried od Albion, aiming to clean up and salvage as much as possible. The expedition will be lead by one Squire Aleksandra, who has expressed that all soldiers who dare to enter should seek them out. They will be departed at about Noon (1PM CST) on the 25th, three days from this papers publishing. All interested are advised to seek out the Squire and apply as soon as possible, to help them on their good mission.
(link to the forum post, sign up there! https://forums.fablesfantasyrp.com/index.php?threads/to-aid-lohiim.2923/)

'A RIVALRY OF THE BARDS AND LYRISTS'
A quite fanciful name for such, the aformentioned rivalry is a Poetry Contest being held by the Church of Mitrona seeking to honor the Elvish language. As such, all submissions are expected to be in the Elvish language. The deadline for submissions is two days from this papers publishing on the 24th, and submissions should be placed inside the hopper next to the Mitrona Noticeboard designated for them. Good luck!

FOREIGN LANGUAGES CLASS AT THE LUMINION COLLEGE OF MAGIC AND SORCERY
What it says on the tin, this is the 5th class that has been hosted by the College, and is expected to begin late in the afternoon. (2:15 PM EST). Although not exciting, we ought to applaud the Luminion College for it's efforts to provide education, as one of the crucial and remarkably underappreciated bedrocks of modern civilization.

classifieds.png

As this is our first issue, this section is empty. In future issues, the Classifieds section will contain public statements, advertisements, drama, so on. If you want something put in this section, feel free to contact me and I'll make sure it shows up in our next issue.

All Articles written by Eveline Ludwig, owner of the Platinum Pint Tavern, Landsknecht, and chief columnist.

Last edited:
Hugo sat down like a proper gentleman in the smoking room, the 15-year-old boy sipping from a cup of over-sugared water and eating a jam-pastry all the while reading the newest issue of the Imperial paper. Crumbs littered the paper thereafter.

Back