F&F Melee Arsenal & Ruleset

Gildefyre

Commoner
Optifine has a feature which allows the use of Custom Item Textures. This is commonly used in resource packs to make multiple cosmetic versions of a single item, and it can really add some flavor for roleplaying! Given that CRP is in a very basic state- only vanilla weapons are recognized!- I thought it might be fun to create some new classes of weapons. The result is a collection of 25 new melee weapon textures and 8 new shields, based on Optifine's CIT system. This is a resource for anyone to use, and it's easy to do so; simply use /edititem or an anvil, and include the texture's name in the renaming. Such names as Philipp's Shortsword, Cedric's Longsword, Vater Factorius' Poleaxe are all valid- all that matters to Optifine is the presence of the keyword somewhere within the item's name.

All of these weapons are steel/iron in appearance, since those are the most commonly used materials in a setting such as this. I have plans to create a few wooden melee weapons, such as training swords, staves, bows, and crossbows.

In addition to these textures, I've created a series of optional rulesets for each of the items in the style of the default CRP Ruleset. Use them if you like, just remember that they're unofficial as of this posting and cannot be enforced. I cover the consent issue and more in this document:

F&F Melee Arsenal & Ruleset

EDIT: Here are some better screenshots! The name above each item is what you'll need to use when renaming it, if you want to achieve these textures. All caps are stylistic on my part and not necessary for you to do! Optifine, however, is necessary.
P8YBhSJ.png

uVyKy4T.png
4nalMrb.png
HEFU2ST.png
GcUD86p.png

The spoiler below contains a link to the resource pack on my dropbox. It contains nothing but these textures, so it's very lightweight.

Lastly, I hope that the ideas in this resource pack and its accompanying ruleset provide you with fun and inspiration! Whether you want to use the rulesets in your CRP or not, I hope that using these weapon types will become common enough in roleplay that the visual variety exists! I'll be using them with Gloijnmar's blacksmithing.

Enjoy!

There is a secret pitchfork weapon.

Last edited:
Edited to add proper pictures of the textures included!

EDIT: 8 shields have now been added, along with CRP rulesets for each!

Last edited:
This is planned to be added, and Lore Team would have progressed with it already if we had not been told to wait.

Back