Nation Announcement In the blink of an eye.

Sid

High King
[!] Letters would be delivered by eagles to all the other nations of Eden, wearing the royal Hadrian seal.

Hadrian_Empire_Logo.png

PngItem_103151.png

It is a rough and abstract concept, death. Yet a concept that the Hadrian people have come to face time and time again over these past years. And once again a soul has been taken to the heavens by our lord and saviour, the Maker. This time in the form of Matthias Joseph Withmond, our beloved Kaiser. As the Kaiser slipped away into the eternal slumber, I was by his side until his final breath.

A funeral shall be held post-haste to give the Kaiser’s body the respect and dignity it deserves and help it onwards towards the heavens. He will lay in the tomb of Kings as many have before him, resting and looking down on us from above, smiling as ever I imagine. It was his wish that the Empire flourishes, our eternal mission remains as important as ever to him, even in his dying moments.

Kaiser Matthias was a man of few words and a very private man. As one observed his Majesty, one could only assume he fit inside the picture of what a ruler should be. He showed kindness, compassion and love to his subjects, time and time again during his rule. Personal glory did not matter to the Kaiser, his pride never stood in the way of caring for his citizens. Any opportunity he saw to make the lives of his subjects better, he grasped with both hands and did not let go. A stubborn man, I admit, but I would describe it as being steadfast in his views, a man of the true principle. It is always a shame to see a young light dimmed, a man in the prime of his life stripped away from any opportunity to grow or truly achieve what he had in mind, yet the Maker always has a plan, and Kaiser Matthias is on his own journey now.

The funeral shall be held this Saint’s Day in the Saint Onnodrith Cathedral in Adelsburg, ending in the town of Hadriana where he shall be laid to rest inside the tombs.

OOC: The funeral is today at 20:30 CET at the Adelsburg Cathedral

By now, his wish should have reached the eyes and ears of many. I, Philipp von Lichtenfelts, have been designated as the single heir to the Hadrian throne. Tracing my family roots back to the ancient lands of Attia, and having served his former majesty with devotion and courage. The noble house of Lichtenfelts shall henceforth become the royal dynasty of the Hadrian Empire, and it shall flourish under our watchful eye. The Empire has drifted into the shadows and lost the dignity and respect that we once put in place, we have become a shell of what we once were. Yet I say: no longer, a new era shall commence for the Empire and Eden as a whole. The royal coronation shall be held within a Saint’s Day of the funeral, as to ensure a smooth change of power.

OOC: Coronation is at 21:00 CET on the 30th of May

To all foreign rulers and officials reading this, changes shall be made and the Empire will put its marker back on the map. Every foreign ruler is allowed entry to the coronation along with their retinue, as long as weapons and armour are left outside of the Adelsburg gates. The same goes for any outside quarrels that one may have with other attendees, the Empire will not interfere with your business outside of our lands, yet inside there are rules.

1653071094876.png

Signed:
Lord-Regent Philipp von Lichtenfelts,
Duke of the Western Hinterlands, heir to the Hadrian throne

unknown.png

*Upon receiving the letter, the Sultan would have to read it again, for he did not believe what lay before him. After finishing the letter, tears would flow over his cheeks, he took off his cloak and his turban, ripped his shirt and scattered dust upon his head, for he was mourning the end of a bloodline.

He laid there, on the ground, for a solid hour, after which he got up and dawned himself in grey, urging his fellow councilmen to do the same as he prepared for the journey to Adelsburg.
"A final goodbye to the last Withmond, I'm sorry... Roderick" he uttered

1653834194821.png

*Upon receiving the letter, the Sultan would have to read it again, for he did not believe what lay before him. After finishing the letter, tears would flow over his cheeks, he took off his cloak and his turban, ripped his shirt and scattered dust upon his head, for he was mourning the end of a bloodline.

He laid there, on the ground, for a solid hour, after which he got up and dawned himself in grey, urging his fellow councilmen to do the same as he prepared for the journey to Adelsburg.
"A final goodbye to the last Withmond, I'm sorry... Roderick" he uttered

View attachment 975

EEmosheenal Daamage

Back