Making the Khadan Humans and Dark Elves Actually Different Peoples

Hey everyone, I just had a passing thought after thinking about the Khadan Humans and the Dark Elves, and I noticed something; they’re pretty much the same people with minor physical differences.

The Dark Elves, are a desert-dwelling, Persian-esque race, blamed for crimes they did commit whilst others they didn’t. They use a few elven phrases, but are otherwise pretty similar to Khadan Humans at this point.

The Khadan Humans are a desert-dwelling race that are strikingly similar to the dark elves. Even the cultural aspects and fashion you’d expect from people of the desert are commonly interchanged between the both of them. They just don’t have the prejudices or extra elven language to go with them.

I just wanted to make this suggestion to possibly gauge how everyone feels on possibly changing the dark elves to reflect a more unique culture. Because at this moment, the difference between these two races, of apparently drastically different origins, is rather minuscule. It’s not that they’re both doing incredibly cohesive people, it’s that they share such a large majority of their cultures between one another that they essentially are the same people at this point except once is actually a dark gray with pointy ears.

On the other side of the spectrum, perhaps we could consider eliminating the dark elfs altogether. Since they are so similar to the Khadan Humans and all what is the point of them :ROFLMAO:

I think folks are mostly content with the way things are. And I think that altering them artificially in an effort to differentiate them now would just be disruptive to rp. Their cultures seems to be informed by geography and proximity rather than hard physical differences- and would eventually just drift back together anyway. I believe that you are suggesting is a significant undertaking for very little gain.

Back