Nation Announcement On Cultural Renewal: Revitalizing A People

afrodescendiente

Local Pleroma Enjoyer
[HEADING=1]
A Missive On Cultural Renewal: Revitalizing A People
[/HEADING]
“And so it was, the path laid before us, so barren of hope. Yet there emerged a question of will; for she would guide us forward towards a tomorrow that dare make us anew.” (“Apocalyptic Reflections” by Nas’Modi the Dutiful)

1654968419480.png

1654971151643.png

Khadan scholars hearing word of the Anjyarri project for Cultural Renewal and discussing the merits of the project.
A nation mustn’t forget her roots. There is where the depreciation commences and squalor defines the very form of a State. In response to these recent proclamations, I offer up a response. Not singular or riddled with mere prescription, but rather a course of action that will be actualized. I proclaim this, my dear Anjyarri citizens, with the backing of not just my own word as a State official, but at the backing of Sultan Sig’Vyl of House Al’Buthara and esteemed High Council Member Emika El’Vaeth. Along with this, the nation as a whole will be partaking in this project centered on both the renewal and invigoration of a people. As our aspirations grow as a people, we must call back on not just heritage but also the pathway forward. To look both within and without. But to also extend past these dualistic models towards an imagining that centers more than just self-interest. Here I write these words and lay down a plan for tomorrow, for our will shall make us anew.

Religion

The most pivotal component in Anjyarri society, and one that has been sorely lacking for too long. As has long been known, the Empire of Anjyarr is first and foremost a religious state, as the Sultan reigns both as political leader but also religious leader. Thus it is our duty as a sovereign nation to hold true to a practice that has extended nearly two millennia. It would not be wrong to admit that the predilections of our leader have, sadly, left the faith lacking in practice. Yet in turn, he has turned to myself and Musa Bin Khalid, two prestigious theologians and acting religious figures, to carry forth the light towards a new religious era. For renewal is the hope for our culture, then rejuvenation of faith is the hope of our religion. We turn instead to a model of syncretism, not of religious models, but instead of philosophical systems. Although Musa and I are two colleagues who differ quite often in belief, we have come to a common consensus on the path forward for our people. It is through an institutional and structured system of faith that piety and growth can emerge once more. In turn, those faithful of Anjyarr to the will of Al-Hadar, or the Path, or Fineall shall soon find a new reflection that dares to illuminate the greater will through faith and faith alone.

With all this, I must announce the first official Anjyarri Jamaat, which will be a gathering of the nation’s esteemed religious scholars, political officials, and the Sultan. This meeting will lay down the framework for an official state-sanctioned structure to worship. Alongside laying the theological model that will shape and define the way this religious structure will guide the nation, how leadership of the faith might be split, and lastly, stances that the faith must uphold with relation to all foreign faiths. This Jamaat will also be open to all Anjyarri citizens who want to present both their stances and beliefs, be they a faithful adherent or a practitioner of another faith. The Jamaat will be held at the Al-Khadir Theatre. Further information will be provided soon, alongside more information relating to other opportunities for community members to share their opinions.

Education

The next course of action will be taken alongside The University of Al-Jabrid and Selphariel-Buthara Cultural Society. The most important piece of any nation’s development is securing the opportunity for those without an education to get one. To flourish and develop one’s skills so that they may take on a vocation that they hold dearly to their heart. As a professor and pedagogue, I hold this premise near and dear to my heart. I have served my time behind the scenes at the university, and have been a guiding member of the Cultural Society. And today I announce three important steps that the University will be taken to expand its foothold as a teaching and research driven institution. To note, the University of Al-Jabrid is open to any and all people that live in the land of Eden.

First! We will be expanding our repertoire of classes at the university and inviting scholars from any and all nations to come teach at our schools. Regardless of race, cultural background, or history. If there is a class to be taught that an individual feels capable of teaching, then The University of Al-Jabrid will host, fund, and ensure that the class is full. Furthermore, we will be expanding our current courses to include classes on dramaturgy, poetry, oration, and legal theory. In due time, we will also be providing vocational courses to students that desire apprenticeships and the like. As those courses will expand into blacksmithing, jeweling, or weaving.

Second! Our university will be providing research positions to sproutling students who yearn to conduct and expand on the present knowledge of our world. Be it in the sciences, history, philosophy, or so on. Under the guidance of our present and esteemed group of professors, our experience enters near centuries worth of experience. Students who take on these positions will receive a small tithe and housing paid for by the Cultural Society.

Third! There will be a monthly olympiad selected from the student population. This student will be rewarded 300 andros. Those eligible to be selected must work diligently at their studies, attend lectures, and discuss course material with their professors. The reward will be determined once the professors have elected the student they deem most worthy. Any students who do miss the lectures yet read written transcriptions of the events can be selected as well. It is important to note, these transcriptions must be picked up from the university library.

The Arts

1654969560708.png

An artistic representation of the disagreement between Fineall and the other gods as they discuss the Lunn's presence on Eden.
Lastly, the Anjyarri art scene is on the rise! A hefty donation is being endowed by the Cultural Society to any creative that can make a display on Eden history. This can be a performance, poetic display, oration, visual art, musical display, or something else that might not be listed here. This competition is open to any and all members of Eden. There are two small caveats: 1) The art must be produced and executed in Al-Khadir or Al-Jabrid. Which means, any and all materials must be sourced from our markets. 2) The piece of art mustn’t degrade any racial group. A flyer will be sent out in the coming days with all the details. But the goal of this project is to reemphasize the willingness that the Empire of Anjyarr holds for any creative displays that these lands offer. Free and creative expression is critical, not just in the cultivation of Anjyarri culture, but also in the cultivation of Eden. Progress cannot be without the creative minds that guide it.

1654968453377.png

Written by Esebius of Al-Khadir, Advisor to the Sultan, Professor of Theology and Philosophy at The University of Al-Jabrid

Last edited:
Back