Suggestion Roleplay accessibility

Currently, I if I've allocated 2 hours a day to roleplay, 25-50% of that is spent on looking for the roleplay/travelling rather than actually roleplaying. Minecraft should be a platform for roleplay, and laying too much into the survival-esque inconveniences of it can strain the roleplay growth.

The ways this can be solved:

1. Improve the ease of travelling.
1.1. Access to warps around the major hubs(cities). | This is currently a donator privilege, but it is still worth re-thinking as I think the server's activity will benefit greatly. If donators are still to be rewarded with the convenience of warps, give non-donators a daily limit on the usage of all warps, like 5 a day, rather than limiting them to just one chosen warp.
1.2. User-friendly horse management plugin, like the ability to despawn and summon a horse. | Vanilla horses are a nuisance; worrying about where to leave it constantly and the risk of someone removing the leash or just straight up taking the horse, as well as glitches in general.

2. Make players visible on the dynmap to easily find current roleplay hotspots. | If this raises a concern of metagaming and intrusion of private roleplay, add an in-game toggle for each player for their visibility on the dynmap so that they may individually choose to be invisible, yet re-enable visibility at any point when they so choose.

Agree with the general concept of everything except 1.2. Should look into other way to fix the glitches with them going poof before just shoving them into an extra dimensional space. (I am mostly at odds with allowing anything to just be shoved into an extra dimensional space here). A plugin that could allow you to 'lock' a horse would be interesting. Only you can ride it/'train' people to ride it. While having an equivalent to lockpicks to allow folks to still commit a theft of them like folks can with normal chests. I have no experience in plugin making or knowledge of if something for this version exists like that so have no clue if something like that would even be possible but just my thoughts for it.

Horses randomly just.. disappear? That’s personally the only one I have encountered. Like I am talking full on locked locations that weren’t broken into or could be broken into and get a horse out just GONE.

Horses randomly just.. disappear? That’s personally the only one I have encountered. Like I am talking full on locked locations that weren’t broken into or could be broken into and get a horse out just GONE.
That's only the second time I've ever heard of a horse just seemingly randomly disappearing. Obviously that just shouldn't happen, if it does please make a bug report ticket in the support discord. Perhaps someone killed it illegally somehow, or a staff member made a mistake with a command.. who knows. Depending on the scenario we can often bring said horse back to life.

Please, for the love of all that's holy, do  not make warps more freely accessible. If they are, roads become redundant and roadside RP and interactions just die.

Please, for the love of all that's holy, do  not make warps more freely accessible. If they are, roads become redundant and roadside RP and interactions just die.
I don't want to spend half the time I'm on the server riding a horse on a barren road. I think a cart system between major cities at least would make the whole process of running 10 minutes between cities LESS redundant, but that's just my opinion.

I've only been here for a few days but the majority of my time has been easily spent running around looking for RP. A cart system or something along the lines of such would end up being very beneficial to assist in eliminating the time consuming process of running around the map to different nations looking for rp.

I believe that it would be reasonable to maybe have a cart that leads from the capital of a nation to one of its other territories, but I do not believe that under any circumstances should there come an instance in which players can completely circumvent walking more than we already do. The thing with allowing horses to be stored and spawned, though? I think that such could work if it were similar to the current warp system where they go on cooldown. I wouldn't want to see anyone really just running from an rp that's unfavorable to them after they got involved, spawning a horse after they just put it away, and not having anything to stop that.

I believe that it would be reasonable to maybe have a cart that leads from the capital of a nation to one of its other territories, but I do not believe that under any circumstances should there come an instance in which players can completely circumvent walking more than we already do. The thing with allowing horses to be stored and spawned, though? I think that such could work if it were similar to the current warp system where they go on cooldown. I wouldn't want to see anyone really just running from an rp that's unfavorable to them after they got involved, spawning a horse after they just put it away, and not having anything to stop that.
Oh I totally agree with that statement. I also don't think cart travel or other fast travel should be 100% used around the entire map, just to link up the major cities and other hubs of RP, that way if someone wants to travel along the road and find a secret hideout, ruin, or dungeon, then they should be able to.

Back