Suggestion Skills/Magic Suggestion

Hey everyone, I'm Fourth, I've been on the server about a week now, and I was able to participate in the single-combat portion of the Luminion Tournament that recently happened. I only got one fight in, but, I really did enjoy how things worked with it. Minimal disagreement, clear-cut results of actions and the attempts to make them. Chef's Kiss compared to where I'm from, and a significant improvement from where I've seen similar systems used before. But, I just have a bit of a suggestion, and it could be proven entirely wrong or essentially already solved by the time that skills and the like are fully introduced.

Though, I personally think that the stats and magic system at large could, potentially, see a bit more of variety with what I'm thinking. I think that different types of magic, or even just combatant skills for the common folk, could make magic, as niche as it currently is relative to the systems through which it is achieved, more varied. I understand that intelligence is what magic currently scales off of, but at the same time, it inherently a very make-it-or-break-it stat. If you want to be worth a damn, I figure, as a magic user, you've got to make sure you've got a good modifier/stat number in magic, because what use would it have if it was always whiffing? It wouldn't. But at the same time, it then necessitates some rather polarized stat numbers towards a currently mostly niche stat that's only use is magic as of now. My suggestion comes in the form of this:

Strength: Due to its relation to health, would scale with Aqua/Hydromancy.
Defense: Due to its defensive (obviously) capabilities, would scale with Geomancy.
Agility: Due to its clear relation to speed and free movement like dodging, would scale with Aeromancy.
Intelligence: Due to the concepts of intelligence metaphorically being associated with fire, would scale with Pyromancy.

This isn't that I'm criticizing anything at all about the current systems, it's just that unless we're getting some sort of enchantment/enhancement for items that give boosts to stats or access to special abilities based upon the other stats, things just seem a bit.. Lacking in equality, you can be a guy that gets gear, but unless you set out some personal goal, there really isn't any forms of linear progression currently available, other than the upcoming seemingly craftsman-based skill system and the current magic system.

Otherwise? I've really liked what you guys are doing here so far, and I do plan to stick around here long-term.

Back