Suggestion Some CRP related improvements

Keitara

THIS WAS MADE TO NOT DERAIL THE OTHER THREAD <3

CRP is extremely random.
For starters for those who are less combat savvy; stats max out at a 10. Your race also grants you bonus points; if your race has a +2 in a stat, you could max out at a 12. Having 6 points, including your racial modifiers, is a +0 modifier. Having 12 points, including racial modifiers, is a +3 at most. A +3 modifier at most is a 15% influencer in a 1d20 combat system. Vs someone with a -2, which is the most I can see happen, is effectively a 25% influencer.

Typically, however, that is not the norm, and most everyone seems to have a net 0 to avoid negative stats. While having these modifiers is cool and all, the fights feel extremely random and do not really reflect the skill of someone who has decided to take the "risk" of going for a maxed out stat in say, Intelligence or Agility.

As such; a simple suggestion to slightly reduce the randomness while not screwing everyone over! Have combat be based on a 1d10, not a 1d20.

Ie: /roll 10 Strength vs /roll 10 Defense/Agility

This will make combat be a bit more snappy in pace and reduce the RNG somewhat to better reflect a character's theme.

When a fight happens, it is effectively locked in place location wise due to how movement works.
My one big critique right now is how movement works for combat. 6 flat blocks, and then 4 maximum if you are in melee range. The problem? If a fight happens, everyone moves at the same pace. Tripping or being slowed down or other factors aren't taken into account. This means if an archer starts a fight 15 blocks away from someone, that person doesn't have a chance to catch up and is just a sitting duck because if they dash, the archer can also just automatically dash and maintain that distance. So on so forth.

Change movement to a dice. 1d6- and you will see fights change accordingly from being (currently) deadlocked to being able to flee combat or chase down an assailant if you get lucky.

*Note: I may have missed a detail in regards to the movement rules in particular as I am still a recent join to the server, so if I have misinterpreted something, clarity would be great!

Back