The candidacy of Jinx van der Bijlkrijger for De Reavensche Vryheitspartij

Jessica

Community Team
Staff member
[!] A letter would be hung on the noticeboard. On the letter you would find the following text:

The candidacy of Jinx van der Bijlkrijger for De Reavensche Vryheitspartij (Raeven Freedom Party)

headings.png

Dear citizens of Raevendrecht with this letter I want to share my plans and points with all of you. I hope this will give you a good image of what my point of view is and what I am planning to achieve. really care about Raevendrecht and its people and that's why I would do anything for our nation. I might not have the perspective of someone with a high position, but I am a person who really like to connect with the people in the nation and someone who thinks it's important what they have to say and what they want. If you'd vote me I promise I'll try everything I can to help the citizens by listening to their voices and take action on their matters.

Herewith my plans for if I get elected:

Economy (Trade & professions)
~{-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-}~

Trade

~ Relationships with other nations: ~
In my opinion it’s very important to have a good bond with other nations, especially the ones close to us. That’s why I would like to get a good or at least neutral relationship with the other nations. How do I want to achieve that you might ask? Well, I have some ideas for that.

My first idea is to visit the nations with the members of our government and have a talk with the leaders of the other nations one by one to get to know each other a little bit better and also to just build up their trust in us as a nation.
Another plan of mine is to invite all nation leaders to a big meeting or feast. By doing this we’ll show them our hospitality.

~ More trading with other nations ~
We want to increase trade with more nations. We’d like to do this by creating more opportunities to do so. How do I want to achieve this? Well, if we would create a better bond with different countries we can start to trade more with them. The other nations have things we don’t have and we have things they might not have.

~ Big market outside the city ~
Outside our city we have a large space where we could possibly place a big market. At the moment we already have the stores and shops in the city, but I think that by adding this extra market it will attract our city even more to traders and travelers. This would mean that there will be more sales

~ More market events ~
More events where people can make a market and sell their special goods from all around Eden. For example the harvest fair, people gather around Nieuw-Wakkerdam to sell or buy goods. There are also multiple fun activities the visitors can participate in.

Professions

~ Training citizens for jobs ~

My plan is to work together with the academy and the citizens who are trained in a profession to train others in professions. To give an example of this: let’s say you want to be a blacksmith, but you don’t know that much about it yet. You can participate in the classes of a former blacksmith and learn everything you want to know. These classes are also for people who don’t really know what they want yet and just want to learn about different kinds of professions to find out what you like.

-How am I going to do this? Well I want to work with the academy on a program where people with a profession can participate in. These people will teach the people interested in their specialized job everything they know about the job.

Finances
~{-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-}~

Right now we have a donation system, which means that the citizens can donate money to the nation. I’d like to keep it this way, but as for now it doesn’t really give our nation the income we need. For now I’d like to keep the nation tax free, but in the future I might have to add taxes, but these will not be higher than 15 andros per 2 months (1 ooc week).

Military
~{-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-}~

~ Training fields ~
At the moment we do have trainingfields, but the location and size isn’t ideal. This is why I am planning to move the training fields to a place outside of the city. Here would be more space for our army to train. There would also be space for a shooting range so the soldiers can practice with their bows too.

~ More training sessions
I’d wish to make sure there are more training sessions within our army. We have a great army with people who are very great at their job. However I still think it’s a good idea to keep practicing.

~ Self defense classes ~
In the north we have a lot of animals who can be quite dangerous, for example bears. That’s why I want to offer self defense classes for the citizens. During these classes they will learn to fight and get to know everything they need to protect themselves in dangerous situations.

Politics
~{-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-}~

~ Diplomats ~

The appointing of diplomats to further increase positive relations with other nations. For example people within our cabinet the leader of the nation trusts and feels comfortable talking with.

Culture
~{-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-}~

~ Culture day ~

In Raevendrecht we have many different races and religions. That’s why I am planning on hosting an event every year or every 6 months dedicated to our different cultures. On this day every person gets to share things from their own culture. They also get the chance to learn more about the cultures of the other citizens.

Health care
~{-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-}~

~ Medical training ~
Right now we don’t have many people with the proper training for a medic. That’s why I am planning to offer more people the training to become a medic.

Architecture
~{-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-}~

~ Bathhouse ~
When I asked around for things we could add to our city, many of you answered with a bathhouse. This bathhouse would cause a lot of positive things. For example, they give the citizens a place to relax.

~ Theater ~
There are many talented people in Eden, there are bards, poets, tailors, writers, and more. My plan is to add a theater to our city. This will give these people the opportunity to perform their art in the form of cabaret, music performances, poetical performances and maybe plays or musicals.

Other
~{-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-}~

~ Help for events ~

My plan is to create some sort of club for people with many creative ideas for events we can host within our nation and who can help citizens who’d like to host events, but don’t have any inspiration.

If you have questions about my plans, feel free to ask me anything about them
headings.png

Last edited:
Back