The Last Gem

aesukimx

Talking rat
The Last Gem.
K8lF8vv2EcCseWXpAsJPqL7F328vJSaGOpk4JOeYzNum0MDq6veP_e4yXb0nFgk5MdXdBlA-RhU9TgZH1IMLoPLJBBKMDLl4RZs-f-HhnduU8hYmrX7wSMlAYtSWeDni05aRSm6xkueWdx2FV0Dbf2g

https://youtu.be/ryuDRdcwc98

Kathy blew out the last candle that dimly lit up her shop, she stared as the smoke slowly dissipated into thin air. She stares down at the piece of jewellery she had swiftly created, her teeth gritting together as she stares at its jagged edges and unpolished surface.

It was her worst piece but simultaneously her best, she was proud of her work, proud of its meaning. Part of her didn’t really understand what went wrong but it all came back to her name.

Katheline Damisz.

That wasn’t the part that was significant but at the same time it was, her name lacked weight. She tried to perfect herself excessively, grabbed any free job that may be available, gripped onto any slight part of usefulness she could offer. She yawned then, bringing the jewellery to her face. A small smile crept across her face, she was satisfied with her work, for once, she was satisfied.

For a woman who lacked title was hardly a woman at all.

[!] Letters were then sent out to several of her friends by a carrier, the writing inside was clearly rushed but still decipherable.

Prince Karl.
Dear Karl,
I hope you’ve gotten the ring I made you. To say I loved you was an understatement, maybe my love was akin to an obsession. I wished so dearly that you would love me back and the leading on felt overwhelming. Each dance, each kind word, each smile exchanged, it was painful. My heart ached with each ‘Not now Kathy, soon.’ You must have known how I felt, you aren’t a fool. Perhaps you did it on purpose? Who knows. Just know that whomever comes after me, shall never love you as much as I did.
-Love Kathy, always Kathy.

Aleksandra Salier.
Dear Aleks,
You probably are already annoyed with me since I didn’t address you by title, I apologise for that but I want to be informal when it comes to this. Alek, you were my first friend, you are someone so strong it’s almost scary. When you suddenly disappeared I was heartbroken, a hole tore open my heart but I know you are doing better wherever you are because that’s the type of person you are. By the time I’ve sent this letter I can guarantee you will not be able to send one in return. Know that I loved being your friend.
-Kathy

Herzog and Dame Tzyrnowski.
To the Tzyrnowskis,
To serve you and your family was a deep honour of mine. I hope I have served you well and brought you a sense of peace within the struggling times. You had offered me shelter and an ear, our conversations although fleeting were enough to solidify you in my memory. I will forever serve you no matter where I am.
-Katheline Damisz

Anastazja Tzyrnowski.
Dear Ana, the little guard,
In my mind, you were incredibly strong. Never did I underestimate you when you stated you’d guard me instead, if you trained more you would be able to topple me over. Try not to bring anymore horses into your room…or fight random children with your sister. Try not to upset your parents too much, they love you dearly and only wish to look out for you.
-Guard Kathy

Siegfried od Albion.
Lord Commander,
I’m sorry.
-Katheline Damisz

Remember not to metagame any of the letters that aren’t given to you! Playing Katheline ended up getting too much for me so I decided to make the decision to pk her and play elsewhere. I hope to see the folks who made my time in Hadriana again but for now, this is it!

Last edited:
Aleksandra slides her thumb over the letter, confusion set on her face. She takes a deep breath, looking about her surroundings. “Katheline… If you are gone-“ The blonde cuts herself off, immediately closing her mouth. Finally, after some time she closes her eyes and prays to the deities above. “May Alder and the Sentinels guide you to the Halls of Divinity.”

Back