Player Announcement The Return of Arnoud van Leuveren-Reunite the Hinterlands!

HerrVonAdmiral

Hertog van de Zuidelijke Hinterlanden
[!] A message bearing the old Stadhouders crest is delivered all across Eden [!]
index.png

========================================================================================================
My friends, my countrymen and proud people of the Hinterlands.
Long have I been away, ever since the Hadrian civil war turned against the United Provinces.
I took it to myself to leave the plains of Eden to ensure the safety of our little Republic, as the Augassis were after me, Arnoud I van Leuveren.
=======================================================================================================

Isabella's Betrayal

There is however more to this tale than has been told.
When overseeing the defences of Wakkerdam and preparing to give battle on the territory of Bergwood to chase away forces led by the traitor Augassis, I was beset by my sister, who losing her fairness and solidarity had let in her heart a sigil of corruption, probably instigated by her Vampiric husband.
She but ordered the people of Wakkerdam and threatened my likelyhood to give up the powers that the title of Stadhouder bestowed me for she wished to rule nay but on her own. I was betrayed by my own sister, who as is very well known was one of the main instigators of the war between the Kingdom of Veronia and the United Provinces. As Stadhouder I could not both defend the Republic from outside forces, instigated by my sister and trecherous forces within my own ranks. So I took my leave hoping my sister might seek a peaceful settlement with the Veronians after she took hold of all the power in Wakkerdam. Using this power however she betrayed the very foundation on which the Republic was born. Instead of signing peace she handed over the Hinterlands, a territory held by our ancestors long before there was even an Attian Empire. She left these lands to be looted, scourged and raided by the Augassis who but put a weak governor in its place to repress the Hinterlands.

From the shadows I returned to try and offer resisstance whilest my sister did the unthinkable. She proclaimed herself an Empress, with no valid claim to the title nor Empire to rule over, save from a backwater trading town in the south. She abandoned the Van Leuveren name and the very principle on which the Republic was build: Freedom. Not only did the new state of Valegro take away the voice and vote of its citizens it also enstranged itself from the True Emperor, Matthias Withmond, lawfull son and heir of King Roderick Withmond, whos death caused the Hitch to side against the Augassis.

My friends I have spoken to the Emperor and revealed to him my worth, in my stead my nephew Johan van Leuveren will govern Wakkerdam. But do not despair, after all the war and weariness that occurred passes away we find ourselves with new purpose. My message to the people of the Hinterlands, exiled in Catamora is to return to Wakkerdam. Regain your former lifes, regain your former freedom and live happily ever after away from the chains of the powerhungry clutches of both the former Augassis and my sister.

Return to the Hinterlands:

The message is clear, all those who return to the Hadrian Empire will find shelter. Housing will be provided and there's plenty of jobs and work in the Empire now that war has dusted. Please return to my side and work together with the Attians to restore glory to the race of man. Divided we are weak, united we can regain our strength! Merck toch hoe Sterck!

Signed,
Stadhouder Arnoud Boudewijn Gregory van Leuveren I

OOC:
I think its safe to say that the little project in the south, for which many abandoned Wakkerdam has now failed.
I would like to ask all the people who were once part of Wakkerdam, not only in my name but for the good of the server to return to the Hadrian Empire.
Currently due to all the civil wars and break away states the race of man is one of the weakest on the server.
With all your help in the past we were able to create an amazing state and have participated in the best RP this server had to offer.
If you're not really sure on where to go from now I'd ask you to return to the Empire of Hadriana.

Hadrian_Empire_Logo.png

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
*Celestine read the letter in the office, leaning back in the chair. Her face saw many expressions during reading, finally resting in a soft smile.* Good to know Arnoud is back. I'm curious to see how his brother will perform in the ruling of Wakkerdam.

Andrathath would read through the letter as he was just finished a treaty "Seems like I will be travelling there soon..."

Back