Player Event The Trial of Arnoud van Leuveren [Part I]

HerrVonAdmiral

Hertog van de Zuidelijke Hinterlanden
[!] A letter bearing the Van Leuveren crest is delivered to the Hadrian Throne [!]

1653323497307.png

Having discussed with my dear friend the Sultan of the Empire of Anjyarr I have goten word that the only thing that stands in the way of future cooperation between the Alliance of Empires is myself. Thusly I have concluded that I will voluntarily stand trial in the Empire of Hadriana, under Hadrian Laws, and see fit to their and the Maker's judgement on my supposed crimes. I wish to make an honest plea for my innocense and therefore I have only one condition.

My titles and lands were stripped away without hearsay or the opportunity of a fair trial.
Should I expose myself on this trial, I wish to know the exact accussations, which I now assume are treason against the House of Withmond.
To be able to defend my innocense I wish a fair and incorruptable trial that befits my status as a nobleman of Hadriana.
Thusly my only request for apprehending myself to Hadrian authorities is that for the duration of this trial, during and temporarily, I will not be restored my lands, but will be restored my status as a Nobleman of Hadriana, and thusly can engage this trial as equals which befits my status and servive to the House of Withmond and the Empire - former Kingdom - of Hadriana. Because in such a trial that will quite possibly end the lineage of my family who were loyalists to the House of Withmond I wish to stand trial not merely as a citizen. In said trial I wish to call upon witnesses and have the opportunity to explain my actions and argue the severity of this judgement. To ensure my livelyhood and safety I wish, as any nobleman befits to be imprisoned for the time being of the trial in chambers that befit a nobleman and not a petty thug.

To prevent any actions or assassinations against my wellbeing I, as a nobleman request to be guarded by my former bannermen from the Hinterlands and a retinue of the Empire of Anjyarr. I do this not only to clear my name, but to clear the stain on my House and family.

I do not take this decision lightly, having been expelled from my title without hearsay or fair trial I wish now to engage in the judgement of the Emperor - or the current ruling body - the council and the Maker himself.

Should the trial find me guilty on the verdict of treason they are able to do as they see fit and deliver me to the Kingdom of Luminion and wait further judgement, accepting even death as a possibility.

Signed:
Lord-Stadhouder Arnoud I van Leuveren
Stadhouder of Wakkerdam
Lord of the Hinterlands

Last edited by a moderator:
Back