To The Therri'cill

@Arkhun

1664602047821.png

A letter of fine parchment was dispatched to the Therri’cill’s office. It bore the sigil of the House of Othorion and of Aerial itself. The black wax seal was unmarred, signifying the letter had not been tampered with. It reads;

1664602171333.png

Our Dear Therri’cill,

I write to you out of curiosity and concern. It has only been one month (4 OOC Days) since Aerial was granted to me to take care of and inhabit, and yet I have already gotten report of a visit from the Silver Cloak, Fynenar Aey’flir, coming within the walls to speak with the fair folk who have been attracted to the promises of our eldest and most respected bastion. While this would not normally be an issue, as the Silver Cloak is a longstanding dear friend of mine on top of command, he spoke of some troubling content.

In particular, he began to interrogate my bodyguard, an individual named Aenirion who has expressed interest in security, and began to correct him on matters that Aenirion did not actually have control over. I have provided a testing scenario for Aenirion to see how well he would do within the Tyr’es Alari, which is simply running patrols as I observe. If he performs well then he would be sent to the Capitol to undergo vetting and training. As I understand it, there is room for those of foul descent. Yet, Aenirion was lambasted publicly about this. Fynenar openly made comments about ‘rogue guards’ and ‘undermining the Kingdom’ before consulting me first about the arrangement. To do such in public is the epitome of undermining the Kingdom, and brash reaction.

Even more concerning still, he went on to refer to Aerial as a ‘waste of coin’ and ‘dead weight’. This is very alarming to me, Therri’cill, since these thoughts and positions have never been brought to me before. To my knowledge, The Enlightened Kingdom of Luminion has not yet spent a single coin on Aerial’s reconstruction. As agreed, Aerial’s upkeep paid to the nation will be 600 Andros per 7 weeks of time; 300 Andros for the standard upkeep and then another 300 for tribute. Aerial has already become self-sufficient in that regard and then some. I would argue that it was dead weight while the void infested its halls but this is no longer the case.

This speaks to me, Therri’cill. I have personally observed Fynenar threaten our allies during talks- though for good reason-, and I would be remiss if I thought that would be the case here. Surely he wouldn’t threaten or speak ill of his own family to the north? We are the same Kingdom, the same Group, the same Team; we all work for the betterment of our people and the continuation of purity. We are all one in the Mother’s Light. These words of his indicate a formidable distrust between not only myself but to the agreement of Aerial in of itself. It will serve nothing to the Kingdom save to fracture us to the benefit of our enemies. What is the point of such? Why would we weaken our bindings? If the concern of the reinvigoration of Aerial were present before it was given then why was it given at all? I wish to know more of these hostile approaches and the many questions behind them. These behaviors are new and they do not match what I have experienced and been assured of.

I wish to meet with you and discuss these matters in person. I have the spirit of cooperation. Let us join and express such together to find a path forward. If there are discrepancies or issues that are climbing to the rim of the basin, they need to be worked out, lest we invite the monster that toppled the spires all those years ago.

Yours Loyally,
Lady-Regent of Aerial,
Ya’el Othorion

1664602171333.png

*A simple letter with the mark of House Zaithrall stamped on it is delivered in return. It reads:

pasted image 0.png

Lady-Regent,

You may request a private audience with the Therri'cill during the next civil meeting scheduled towards the end of Highsun.
If the matter is considered more urgent, you may attempt to schedule a meeting privately.

Kind regards,

Therri'cill Aldir'tor Zaithrall

pasted image 0.png

Back