Writings Of Ydra: Stones

1107260_alphadoggo01_candle.gif
eee2932e010c949df705c62268d8c37b.jpg
1107260_alphadoggo01_candle.gif

This world carries many burdens. A heavy weight that all carry in one form or another. Whether it’s the backbreaking labor of the peasant, or the weight of responsibility of a king. Each and every one of us carry with us a heavy stone, engraved with the names of each responsibility and curse. The weight forms the callus that marks the soul as we labor through every trial. Forming into bitterness, arrogance, apathy and a searing of the conscience that blinds us to our own shortcomings. I look upon my own stone, looking upon the names engraved and the marks it has left on my own soul and wonder, “Why has this stone been given to me? To what end, for what purpose?” As I ponder the reality set upon me, I turn and see the same stones carried by all others. Invisible to the eye, but the effects of the weight seen through the conflicts of the world. I see men and women become hateful, arrogant and self absorbed. As the weight bears down on them, I begin to see; That it is indeed the resentment itself that is the weight. Indeed the very anger, pride and greed that are what weigh each stone, crushing the one underneath as it bears down. As we fight harder against it and grow in our rage, we carve the names of our sins into the very stone that burdened us in the first place.

What is this stone then and why do we carry it? I ask that you look inward, feel the weight in your chest and see the stone. Hard and cold, marked by bitterness and resentment. Look close and see the names of the sins written upon it and look at them with open eyes. Realize now, that the stone is your very heart and realize that it is not mere strength alone that will carry it. It isn’t wealth, power or admiration that empowers you to carry this burden. But understand, in this moment, that it is indeed love which heals and lightens the weight upon you and heals the hardened heart. But love isn’t the warm feeling that only tempers the stone; The lusts of the heart that we confuse for love. No, Instead the love is the chisel, the hard path of humility and selflessness that hurts in the moment. But produces a clean heart that is free from its burden.

We often make the mistake that we can do it alone. That good deeds and a good life are enough to cure us of our ailment. But understand that good works aren’t enough, for the curse that resides in all still remains. What was once cleaned will become hard again, callous and filled with desires that only lead us to corrupting once more the very thing we tried to fix. We cannot do it ourselves. Our corrupt hearts will lie, insisting that nothing is wrong or that we can fix it on our own. But the truth is this; We must look to the one who can. To humble ourselves and accept the help that is given to us. As we look to the skies, we can see the hand that reaches down, begging for us to take hold so that we may be saved from our curse. This is the trial all face, The true test that will determine who we truly are. Will we accept this free gift, or will we learn to love what we become, damning ourselves to our own devices.

I write this today; Not to condemn, but to give all insight to the problem we all face. To open the eyes of those around me so that they may see the way of salvation. We were created to be perfect, but the evil in this world grew jealous and sought to destroy us for merely being created by the one he hated. We fell from grace, losing our way. But I give you a word of hope, Mercy shines down on us all. Our God has not abandoned us and has given us a way of redemption, regardless of how lost we’ve become. Through his Son, by accepting his free gift, are we unshackled from our chains and given a new heart. The heavy heart once marred by corruption, made new once more, written upon it the promise of redemption.

So look up, Brothers and Sisters, Look up and take the hand that is waiting to pull you free from sorrow. Accept the gift given to you and love the one who created you; The father of our souls. For while we struggle in this life, we are filled with hope for the future of paradise. So hear me; Love one another, Do good and bring peace to those around you. When one stumbles, lift them up and dust off their garments. To the one who is poor, give to them, so that they may once again walk with hope. To those who hate you, show them forgiveness and see the stone within them that you too once carried in yourself. For while we struggle through this life together, we understand that the trials we face teach us to relate to those who share the same pain. That through failure comes wisdom and through pain, endurance.

Pray then that you see these trails aren’t to condemn you, but instead to strengthen you so that you may better handle tomorrow. To turn your attention to the one who can save you from this curse, through the son he sent for us. One day we will be at peace in paradise, but for the time that you still remain in this world, spread this good word. So that others may be with us in heaven.

18d19e719ddedc907b343fef41c5e23c.png

Back