Zhen Dhelvin

Fredolator

1661020787113.png

(NOT MY ART! But we can thank Pinterest for it :O )

zhen.png

THANK YOU NYOMI_WOOD!!! AAAAAAA

1696797392039.png

Credit to charliestired​

• Age: 102 (in 1526) Currently -- 112 in 1536 -- 114 in 1538
  • Weight: Uhhh not much
  • Build: Slim
  • Height: 6'2. Fairly tall for humans but fairly short for elves.
  • Profession: Arch-Pyromancer, Hero of Raevendrecht, former Guildmaster of the Black Lotus Guild
  • Faction: The Republic of Raevendrecht/Raevkov.

Zhen is a man who has an air of charisma about him, always with swagger in his step and light on his feet. His childhood was a difficult and sheltered one as his overbearing parents forced him to live a strict, heavily religious lifestyle. Eventually as he came of age he cast them out and went down a path of travelling, swindling, gambling, drinking, and adventuring as he relishes in the freedom he has sought for so long. ((More to come later as I grow more on this server, this is basically just a summary of my whitelist app)) (1526)​
With his best friend dead and buried, having resigned from what he saw as a corrupt and dying empire, relations souring between his new home of Zadh Nadrozz and the humans, and losing his beloved magic ring, Zhen's life is spiraling out of control. After winding up in a jail cell in Adelsburg for questioning about recent mysterious happenings, he finally might have a chance to get things back on track and to turn his life back in the right direction. (1529)​
After being broken out of the Adelsburg prison by an old "associate", he fled North to the fledgeling Republic of Raevendrecht, and eventually started a successful Monster Hunting guild with members of Raevendrecht and the new nation of Avalheim. As the Repubic of Raevendrecht and the Domain of Avalheim grew into fully-fledged nations, Zhen became a master pyromancer and earned a new scar on the side of his face from an ancient water knight. However, with relations between Raevendrecht and the Hadrian Empire all but dissolved and war on the horizon, Zhen might once again have to prove his allegiance to his friends and his newfound country, a Republic that he deems worth fighting for. (1531)​
The war with Hadriana forced Zhen to take action, becoming a temporary field officer along with Dain Zakarian in the fight to preserve the Republic. Despite all his efforts, the war turned out poorly for Raevendrecht, and he was ready to have to fight on his own doorstep when a breakaway faction of Hadrians finally had enough of the old Kaiser's antics and assassinated him, along with the crown prince. For his efforts, Zhen was named Hero of the Republic, and began to step away from the politics of city life for a brief time. His journey continues in the present year of 1536.​
[HEADING=2]
Personality:​
[/HEADING]
Charismatic and slightly strange, with an air of mystery surrounding him, especially to those he's not close to. He tends to soften and become more sensitive around the ones he cares about the most or has affection towards, though he's overall very amiable, if a little overbearing.​
[HEADING=2]
Strengths:​
[/HEADING]
  • Zhen is proficient in most types of melee combat, whether it be swordfighting or using a heavy axe. He has significant martial prowess and a lot of experience fighting both people and monsters.
  • He is one of the greatest mages of his time, at least in the things he's accomplished. He hasn't contributed to the realm of magic by creating a spell, but he has used his magic to great effect in helping his nation, his allies, and his friends.
  • He is quite street-smart.
  • Very loyal to the things, people, and places he believes in.
  • Zhen tries to be friendly with everyone, including the High Elves, which he has had mixed results with.
  • He's an experienced military strategist and has experience with both frontline combat and wartime strategy.

[HEADING=2] Weaknesses:[/HEADING]
  • Slightly frail physically. While he can deal out a great deal of punishment he can't take very much, instead opting to dodge out of the way or let a shield take the brunt of it.
  • Romantically inept. Zhen is great at making friends and very charismatic, but slightly off-putting and he hasn't had much success romantically in the past.
  • Quick to jump to conclusions. Sometimes he makes errors due to his lack of subtlety and brash nature.
  • He has a love of vices of the city, especially drinking and gambling.
  • Zhen is the type to hold grudges with the people he feels wronged him, and he doesn't easily let things go.
  • He's a bit paranoid.
Appearance:
  • He usually wears blue mage robes with satchels and pouches at his side and a sword at his belt, or even an axe on his back. He also has an affinity for scholarly robes, despite the fact that he isn't a real scholar for many things except the art of combat. In times of hardship, he wears an extravagant set of armor, befitting an Arch-Mage, a nobleman, or even a King.
  • Zhen has accrued many bruises, bumps, blemishes and scars across his face and body due to his rough lifestyle.
    • He has a burn scar under his eye, scalded by a blast of boiling water from a spell cast by a water-logged knight.
    • He's missing part of his hand and joints on three of his fingers, bitten off by an eldritch beast underneath the Volcano Sanctorum.
    • Zhen was once branded by Fynenar Aey'flir in a jail cell in Luminion, but was able to get it removed. All that remains now is a small scratch.

Relationships: ((Let's count how many people are dead and/or left the server, shall we?))
In Love With:
Alarien/Pity girlfriend/stronk dark elf​
Best Friends:
Dead - Dohnair Vennanor -- "Rest in peace, you big oaf. I'll...miss you, old friend. Miss the times we've spent together. Miss how things used to be."​
Left the server - Soun'ii -- "You said you were going down to the jungle, make a settlement or something, and I haven't heard of you since. I hope you're okay, kin. Please, be safe..."​
Left the server - Khourven "Pebble" -- "Haven't seen you in awhile, but I remember when we were all hanging around in the Adelsburg smithy, not a care in the world. You gave the best hugs, and were such a gentle giant. Hope to see you again soon."​
Left the Server - Josiah -- "Shoot me a letter when you can, Josiah. I can't remember the last time we've spoken."​
Left the Server - Maxim -- "You were a shining star in my life, Maxim, despite our disagreeing points of view. Hopefully you're not dead, up there in the cold."​
Left the Server - Blair Wych -- "Treat Soun'ii well for me, Blair. I didn't trust you at first, but I hope you're doing well down there in the jungle."​
Left the Server - Nephi -- "We might need to talk later..."​
Zolphar Vendove -- "Sweetest man alive, wouldn't hurt a fly. Thank you for all you've done for me. For Dohnair."​
Sug’ma Da Mark’d -- "My first student has a student of his own. Your flames burn brighter than ever. Keep on burning, Arch-Shaman."​
Rhagmir Embereye -- "You've single-handedly given the Denur new life, my friend. They'll surely sing songs for all that you've done. I know you enjoy hanging around with the humans, and I can't fault you for trying to be friends with everyone. But know that you might have to pick sides sooner than you might think, with tensions beginning to rise."​
Snaxkz -- "My adorable adoptive son. I hope you grow strong."
Emmie von Joy

Friendly With:
Krisa -- "I really hope you make Zadh-Nadrozz Green Again. I miss the old orcs."​
Elduin -- "Such a loyal fighter, and a talented bard. Thank you for helping the Guild in these tough times."​
Thalgrim -- "Sorry about the misunderstanding, you're truly a noble man, despite what I originally feared."​
Gaerth the Battle 'Ardened -- "Ayyyy big man!"
Yazgash the Medik -- "Been awhile since we've talked, but I'm glad to have you as a friend. Your craft is a valuable one, especially with such frequent fighting among the orcs."
Haeden the Bartendah -- "I know what it's like to be a hopeless romantic, so at least we have that in common. Other than that, you're a fun-loving, adorable ball of green strength and I enjoy spending time with you."​
Most other "tribal" orcs (some of which I forget the names of) -- "IZ YE READY FER SOME FOIGHTIN?! IZZ YER' TUFF ENUFF!?"
Urzul Da Blaksmidt -- "Thank you for trying to bring some more life into the mountain."
Left the Server -- Blanche Fraise -- "Cake."
Suzanna Hilfgaard -- "THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND, TRAVEL DOWN THE ROAD AND BACK AGAIN"
Left the server -- Esebius "Usually scholarly sorts aren't my favorite people, but you're always a pleasure to be around. Well, you were. Been at least 3 years since I've heard from you."
Left the server -- Sig'Vyl Al'Buthara "Been an honor, Sultan. Things haven't been the same in Anjyarr since you left."
Wiggles T. Clown -- "We had a huge circus awhile ago! Where were you?"
Dead -- Darth Vater Factorius -- "Bongo baldie is down, repeat bongo baldie is down!"
Mythanthar (tentative) -- "I met you once."
Lazerius -- "We need to get in touch. You're perhaps one of the last fierce 'Lunn left in these lands. Others have turned to their books and away from the call of adventure, and that might need to change going forward."
Left the server -- Lavender Willowgale "You were a real kind lady, shame it's been forever since we've met."
Jynx Silico -- "You have two huge beautiful...eyes, Jinx. You're a very pretty lady, and a good friend. I'm glad to have known you as long as I have!"
Kisho Rovelt-Frack -- "You're definitely a little odd, and your mother seems to hate me, but I've enjoyed being your friend."​
Left the server -- Agathine Caldwell "You dance well. Perhaps the only redeeming factor to a backstabbing Makerist."​
Vaylis -- "Blue tiefling that doesn't want me dead."​
Solana Faestara -- "Been a long time, hasn't it? I'm happy that I'm welcome in Mitrona when you're around."​
Ya'el Othorion -- "Thank you for inviting me to Luminion, hopefully we'll meet again soon."​
Yryanil Siniria -- "Hadriana will get what's coming to them sooner than you might think. I hope you get out safe."​
Dead --Dhote da Inkah "WOW! BIG LADY! Shame about the whole pregnancy thing though..."
Kharis Fitzalan -- "I'm happy for your recent marriage, and I'm very impressed with your artistic abilities. I hope the political positions that keep us separated can't keep us apart entirely."
Hesperas Andut -- "I was wrong about you. Thank you for showing me the culture of the Azari'cerr, and the reason why you're all so wary of outsiders..."
Neutral Acquaintances:
Left the Server -- Erin Lazaru
Kassim Farhad -- "When the time is right, I trust you to make the right decision in that nation of yours..."
Left the Server --Ghed Leodhart
Left the Server --Voronwe Meadow
Left the Server --Aubrey Heather
Lunaria Leodhart -- "You damn madwoman. I'm surprised you haven't found yourself at the gallows yet. But despite your ravings, I still can't hate you for your condition."​
Brother Hauke -- "I don't trust you or that scripture you're peddling. Maybe you can still prove me wrong."​
Heavily Disliked:
Ma Belov -- "Loyal to the Mad Dog of Hadriana. That's all I have to say."
Most other "Pure" high elves -- "I can't hate my own cousin-kin, despite their hatred for my kind. I just hope we can look past that 'purity' bullshit someday."​
Musa bin Khalid -- "Slandered our nation and paid the price for it."​
Abdul the Tongueless -- "DEFINITELY paid the price for HIS slander."​
Left the Server -- Throndin Spruceblade -- "Deserted his post at the first sign of conflict. I don't know what I saw in you."​
Dead -- Faylinn the Stabby "Still stabbing in the next life, probably."​
Aldir'tor the King of the Pale-eared Bastards -- "Somehow you show more grace to my kin than the humans. Oh how times have changed."​
Zoe Nobara -- "I'll admit, I messed up, really badly. The paranoia of being on the run got to me, as did the growing threat of the Obelisk. I just hope you can accept my apology and we can work together to face a larger threat."​
Lapis Cupidtatem -- "Same as Zoe. I'm...sorry."​
Absolutely Hated:
Phlabby Phillip the Mad Dog of Hadriana -- "Ruthless, backstabbing, paranoid, irritable, hot-headed, and completely inept in the bedroom! You have it all, sire. Unfortunately, none of it's good. Hadriana won't survive a war with Raevendrecht, and it'll happen as soon as the Obelisk is quelled. I'll be smoking your ashes from a pipe by then, I'm sure."​
Aryaea Thilinael -- "Self explanatory to anyone who's seen us together in public."​
Fynenar the Badass Branding Beast -- "Bastard."
Leod Iomharach -- "You're as corrupt as they come, and you're in my way. If I hadn't been mugged outside of Bergwood I would've burnt that hovel you call home to the ground. You'll be on the front line of a war you cannot win. Good luck."​
Talbot Iomharach -- "Don't ever come to Zadh-Nadrozz again if you know what's good for you."​
Etain Orleigh Iomharach -- "'Questioning' my ass. You tried to frame me. We'll be getting better acquainted in the future. Maybe I'll stop by and pay a 'visit' to that baby of yours, too."​
Cedric Reinhardt -- "I OUTLIVED YOU MISTER REINHARDT! I CRUSHED YOU INTO THE GROUND! NOW YOUR BONES TURN TO OIL BENEATH MY LIVING FEET!"​
((Knowing me I probably forgot all sorts of people, HMU if you're one of 'em))​

Attachments

• 1655088178014.png
    1655088178014.png
    905.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Ping or message me if you want relation updates! I sometimes have total lapses in memory when it comes to character names and I would really appreciate it.

Back