Another Un-Signed Manuscript

[!} WOULD BE POSTED ON EVERY NATION'S NOTICE BOARD, HASTILY STUCK ON.
Un-Signed Manuscript II
[The following letter would be left anonymously, the authors hand-writing purposely masked. It would be a few pages long, the pages sewn together with string.]
'The Enlightened Murderers of Luminion'
---X=X---

Dear reader, I recently traveled to attend a trial that was hosted within Luminion. While I will not be discussing the man who stood trial or my opinions on the verdict. I wanted to share my thoughts on what I saw in the court itself, and the people conducting the justice they 'swore' to serve.

While what I will say, could very much end me up in the same predicament as the man who attended trial. What I bore witness to was truly disgusting. To put it, Luminion is full of blood-thirsty, misleading murderers, hiding their cowardice behind fancy titles and greed-filled families.

A murderer can be a person who is killed in self-defense down to one who kills for fun or greed. The motivation matters very much. One is acting from a sense of love, the other is emotionally indifferent and cruel. From what I have seen firsthand, the court of Luminion is cruel. I don't believe I've ever seen such a disturbing display of predisposed 'justice'. The second the trial had begun, one could already tell that the court had already decided the fate of the accused. This was not a fair and just trial, this was lawful murder. When a person is evil or in this case multiple persons, when they kill from a sick addiction, when they are cold and cruel, for nothing more than their satisfaction. Execution is murder too. Killing is killing. No matter the crime, no matter the race. To end a life is to mark yourself as a murderer. This is a fact.

For a nation to claim to be so 'enlightened' all I could take from my visit was their barbaric bloodlust. How hypocritical they must feel. What type of fool must they be to believe that they are anything other than psychotic serial killers with a cruel and indifferent government backing them?

After they had delivered their biased verdict, one that they surely had come to long before the trial began. They publicly executed the man, not in a respectful way, but in a barbaric way. So much for being enlightened, hm? They caged him like an animal, strung him up for families and children to watch. And set him aflame.

I could only watch in masked horror as flames spiraled upwards. He flailed around, and while the guilty was rather strong in the face of death, he ultimately met his demise in the confines of an inhumane cage. The others stood there, watching charred metal and cloth fall in long strands to the floor as they melted into thick, ink-black streaks. Burning flesh replaced the smell of the nation, and tasted bitter on the tongue.

This trial was just a display of bloodlust, an unnecessary killing for the nobles of Luminion to satisfy their disgusting need to bury their cowardice behind a feigned sense of power.

While your guilt or innocence is not mine to comment on, may you find rest, Alois Pineblossom.​

“That’s ‘Cill for you. Liars, thieves, and murderers,” a lone ‘Cerr commented to herself after taking a few minutes to read through the post. With a slight shrug she turned away from the noticeboard and went to continue her roaming of Eden. “The rest of their crimes will come to light soon enough… Not that it will change much.”

The Missive caught the eyes of the Ritter as he was doing his daily round in Flussland. After a quick read, Zladimir scoffed and took the notice down, throwing it away. He said to himself, "This has no business within Lunburg.. Although, the Jungle Tribethings calling the Butterboys barbaric.. How did the saying go, the kettle calling the pot black?"

Elaine sits at the edge of the pond with the exact “theory” in hand. She read it once and got the gist, being present herself was enough. “I don’t think they get it…” The woman said truthfully. “I don’t think any of them do.” Elaine takes a deep breath in, then out. “What am I to feel? Sympathy for a dead man?” The Khari’cerr’s face drooped.

“You know, yeah. Maybe they’re not so enlightened. They’re just as barbaric as the ‘Cerr. It seems as though they act out on emotion just as much as anyone else.” Elaine began to explain. “But— we are no better. The amount of trophy’s I have of… of the dead. Of the alive. All holding the same grudge.”

With the paper, she folded it a few times. To then set it in the water.
“Not to mention who was the one calling upon death on the ‘Cerr. Though it’s only the way of life. If not them, we would’ve had to swung the sword of justice. And I’m afraid the only difference there is, we have no title of “enlightened” to disguise it with.” She then let out a pathetic chuckle. It seemed she had some things to think on.

Ivory took ahold of a missive and squinted as she tried to read as much as she knew. Though there was one name that she recognized immediately, and her eyes froze over the letters. Quickly did she shove the missive in her pocket and continued on her way to Sunscape. "Th' luau es me priority. Nae gettin' soidetracked." She heaved and shook her head. "Et will ge' better," she repeated to herself, driving herself mad with uncertainty.

Faroz looked upon the message board, grabbed the note, and went on his way. As he sat down by the mountainside to rest his legs he’d pull out the torn sheet from his pack and read over the account of the trial. His eyes would widen as he read the great horror, feeling his memories flood back to him. “Injustice will show wherever and whenever it may rear its head… No matter where we go we cannot escape it, for it will seek into the deepest corners of society and flush out the truth and spread their lies. Bigotry, hatred, inequality, racism… They corrupt the good and spread their ways as far as they can. What do we do about it? Nothing. No fucking politician has the willpower to admit that their fear mongering leads to hate. No cult wishes to stop their ways if it grants them an extra bushel of wheat from their gods. Violence against violence is hardly ever solved with peace, but we are powerless unless we have a truly incorruptible voice for the people…” Faroz folded the paper, sliding it back into his pack as he continued heading further down the mountain.

Last edited:
As Esebius walked the streets of Al-Jabrid, he would take notice of the manuscript and read the text with a deep diligence. He would read as he walked the streets and eventually sat himself in the university to attentively annotate the text. Once he completed his annotations, he would transfer his notes to a journal. As he stood up, he would offer his thoughts to a wandering student of his who asked him about the text:

"The cruelty of the Azari'Cill has never astounded me. What has left me astounded is the great lack of literature on it. This anonymous writer speaks with a tact only afforded to those granted normal entry into the lands of the Cill. For we Lunn have long been faced with this violent treachery, yet the Cill displace their violent practices onto us as a naturalized fact. To read these horrors for what they carry, I can only say this: rest shall meet the soul that lays himself with others; ruin shall meet the soul that denies the other. If not now, in due time. The process so slow, so unwitting, but the Azari'Cill shall come to learn what their violence has incurred in this world. I pray that those who can will reflect on it and reimagine this world with others rather than just themselves. For what does enlightenment bring but more violence?"

Passing by a billboard in Bergwald the Black rabbit would gander and silently read the poster's words. She adjust her mask before departing, muttering to herself.

"That's the Royals for ya. They're all the same. Every single one of em. Thank the lord I got out of Mitrona when I did. Otherwise that Royal Tiefling would have done the same over a loaf of bread."

Last edited:
Sugm'a started reading the text but didn't get much further than the opening.Tew many fehkin' wordz tew be kallin' a bug by dey name. He let his hand warm up until the text caught fire and started smoldering on the ground. Zew den, won lezz 'eadache ferr da ladz. He walked off satisfied as he went about his usual business.

[!} WOULD BE POSTED ON EVERY NATION'S NOTICE BOARD, HASTILY STUCK ON.
Un-Signed Manuscript II
[The following letter would be left anonymously, the authors hand-writing purposely masked. It would be a few pages long, the pages sewn together with string.]
'The Enlightened Murderers of Luminion'
---X=X---

Dear reader, I recently traveled to attend a trial that was hosted within Luminion. While I will not be discussing the man who stood trial or my opinions on the verdict. I wanted to share my thoughts on what I saw in the court itself, and the people conducting the justice they 'swore' to serve.

While what I will say, could very much end me up in the same predicament as the man who attended trial. What I bore witness to was truly disgusting. To put it, Luminion is full of blood-thirsty, misleading murderers, hiding their cowardice behind fancy titles and greed-filled families.

A murderer can be a person who is killed in self-defense down to one who kills for fun or greed. The motivation matters very much. One is acting from a sense of love, the other is emotionally indifferent and cruel. From what I have seen firsthand, the court of Luminion is cruel. I don't believe I've ever seen such a disturbing display of predisposed 'justice'. The second the trial had begun, one could already tell that the court had already decided the fate of the accused. This was not a fair and just trial, this was lawful murder. When a person is evil or in this case multiple persons, when they kill from a sick addiction, when they are cold and cruel, for nothing more than their satisfaction. Execution is murder too. Killing is killing. No matter the crime, no matter the race. To end a life is to mark yourself as a murderer. This is a fact.

For a nation to claim to be so 'enlightened' all I could take from my visit was their barbaric bloodlust. How hypocritical they must feel. What type of fool must they be to believe that they are anything other than psychotic serial killers with a cruel and indifferent government backing them?

After they had delivered their biased verdict, one that they surely had come to long before the trial began. They publicly executed the man, not in a respectful way, but in a barbaric way. So much for being enlightened, hm? They caged him like an animal, strung him up for families and children to watch. And set him aflame.

I could only watch in masked horror as flames spiraled upwards. He flailed around, and while the guilty was rather strong in the face of death, he ultimately met his demise in the confines of an inhumane cage. The others stood there, watching charred metal and cloth fall in long strands to the floor as they melted into thick, ink-black streaks. Burning flesh replaced the smell of the nation, and tasted bitter on the tongue.

This trial was just a display of bloodlust, an unnecessary killing for the nobles of Luminion to satisfy their disgusting need to bury their cowardice behind a feigned sense of power.

While your guilt or innocence is not mine to comment on, may you find rest, Alois Pinebloss​
This notice catches the eye of the Aeri'Cill.
She reads it before a giggle overtakes her, becoming a full bodied laugh

"A nameless author who finds joy in penning the faults of my court, but is such a coward as to not face the music of their own pen? Disgraceful."

"They do not understand our ways, much less the justice we offer. Would the author have let such a heinous crime of harassment stand? I think not."

She summons the winds, the notice torn to pieces under her gaze

"Speak on such when you are faced with such a choice, filth."

Back