The Unfortunate Truth: In Memoriam

[!] A chameleon would be seen sticking copies of the parchment to notice boards across the land of Eden. Once attached he would scurry off away and into the wilderness. [!]​

Hello to all who look upon this article. This is the sequel to my previous message, titled The Unfortunate Truth. In it I wrote of my many years of travel and the horrors I saw in other lands. Nations would persecute their people for spreading the truth, others would go to war for minor matters when another at hand is far greater.
Mitrona is no different than these places.

Many may know about the destruction of Nous, a village northeast of here. It was the first tiefling settlement, and it prospered. However, like with all nations at the time, when the Rotting Plague came, it struggled greatly. This, the leaders sent out a hunting party to fetch wood and food for the people.

When the scouting party left and traveled west, they found Myln Arbor, the place the wood elves call home now. They chopped down trees and hunted the wildlife, but this did not go unnoticed. A few Azari’cerr would look upon them, not before reporting what they saw to the then Khari’cerr. It was then that they sent out a war party to deal with the poachers, believed to be those of the Azari’lunn.

When the war party came to the ravine where Nous is, they looked down at the town before them. The residents were dark-skinned, but some things differentiated them from the dark elves. They had twisting horns, and their skin color was broader than shades of black and grey. The party was skeptical of their appearance, but it was ultimately decided that they enact the plan. Arrows rained upon the citizens of Nous, houses were burned to the ground, and those that made it out scattered across Eden.

That is Mitrona’s unfortunate truth. They’re responsible for a genocide. But they have changed, and Elaine embodies that. They’ve since repented for the crimes, and now many tieflings call the forest home. This change was solidified by Elaine becoming the Khari’cerr.

She was the reason of change. Some policies of her were controversial, but pros outweigh the cons. She was the change that many places have been in need of. She represented the fact that we are more than our ancestors mistakes, and that we can learn not to reenact their actions. She was proof of change, proof that what happened before is not to repeat now. She may be gone, but her impact won’t. She was the living embodiment of forgiveness. She was the living embodiment of truth, of compassion, and for these things she won’t be forgotten.

Rest in peace Miss Elaine, for you will be missed. May the spirits guide you on your journey in death and beyond,

-F. J. Girou

Last edited:
Back