Player Announcement Ketzer Seien Gewarnt

Sundance

LXTLbeo.png

image_2023-06-20_155248123-PhotoRoom.png-PhotoRoom (1).png

Heretics be Warned
Issued from the Church of Salvor in Lunburg, 1533
LXTLbeo.png

A troubling wind has set out from the west of Eden, carrying with it the stench of corruption and selfishness - Something is rotten in Adelsburg, where the 'Patriarch' Wernher Sule dwells. He has with great haste declared that all who do not submit themselves to the authority of the newly created 'Holy Synod' and the 'Patriarchate' are guilty of mortal sin and therefore damned for all eternity. And, when this was met with derision, he did not pause for reflection, but rather issued a further decree - Claiming those who were critical of him were working against Alder and were perhaps even selling their souls - That those who for a moment questioned him were giving in to the whispers of Dolus and Lilith!

Dear child, do not not question the extensive doctrinal errors within his writings, do not consider the illegitimacy of his position and that of the 'Holy Synod', do not for a moment recognize the blatantly self-serving nature of the decrees which exist only to demand all faithful submit themselves to his authority. Rather, you should accept the Patriarchate's new doctrine - that you were given eyes so that you might blind yourself from their faults, you were given ears so that you might deafen yourself to the true meaning behind their words, and you were given a mind so that you might not think for yourself.

The positions that the 'Patriach' holds are remarkably silly, not even worthy of consideration. He may decree that he is beyond criticism, and that all who do not submit to his will are damned forever for ALDER is with him - But that does not make it so. Rather his writings are utterly impotent, with no power either on Eden or in the Halls of the Divine. It is also of importance to point out the glaring mistakes in both Declarations - Something that undermines the 'Patriarch's qualifications as some of these are so incredibly egregious that any Layman would be able to point them out.

The most glaring is the referring to Alder as either 'The Alder' or GOD. Alder exists at the head of the Halls of the Divine, yes, but to call him GOD is to imply that Alderism is Monotheistic - It denies the divinity of the Sentinels. This is an especially grievous mistake given that it is very common for churches or individuals to dedicate themselves to specific Sentinel. This is an error so basic and fundamental that it is frankly baffling that the 'Patriarch' would make such, and calls in to question if he has even read the doctrine he claims to have authority over. The establishment of the Holy Synod and Patriarchate is patently absurd, and has only been done to consolidate power in a totally corrupt and morally bankrupt manner. He refers to Dolus as 'Saint Dolus' when they were a Sentinel that fell - another baffling mistake. He further refers to Alder as 'The Alder' when that's their name, not their title - Their actual title is 'the Himmelschwert' - This has no meaningful implications other then offering further evidence that the 'Patriarch' is poorly read.

There are of course, more rational objections not based in arguments over doctrine but instead basic logic. For instance, he writes "The Patriarchate is above the petty machinations of politics and those who seek to twist the Church into a tool of propaganda.", but only after declaring that those who stand against the 'Annointed Leader', Volronus, stand against Alder. I do not need to point out how contradictory those statements are. Most would agree that the propagandized use of religion to consolidate power with threats of damnation is blatantly immoral. Finally, the fact that the first decree was met with such widespread derision that he felt the need to issue a further one condemning his critics to eternal damnation is indicative of both the odious quality of his ramblings, and the 'Patriarch's immensely thin skin.

The conclusion I draw from this is that the accusations of the 'Patriarch' and the 'Holy Synod' are themselves confessions - They are the heretics that they so claim to detest, for their actions not only utterly rewrite the doctrine of the church, but are built on foundations of ignorance of their own religion. They condemn any who recognize this and decide not to give utter obedience to their lunacy as ANATHEMA. Our warning, therefore, is that they reflect - To those within the 'Holy Synod', I would bid you to consider the path you now walk on, and to oppose the 'Patriarch' lest he lead you away from the path of Alder and his Sentinels. To the Patriarch, I believe there is no convincing you - But I do await your scathing replies with and expect that as has already been shown your inability to take criticism will let my words live within your mind for quite some time, without ever having to pay rent.

Finally, to those Alderists who have not blinded themselves to the Patriarch's idiocy or the illegitimacy of the Holy Synod, we will be holding services in Lunburg to continue the faith as Alder intended. We will welcome you, not with threats of hellfire and submission, but with open arms and the sound of music.

Signed,
Eveline Ludwig,
Layman of the Church of Salvor in Lunburg

Last edited:
Aleksandra raises an eyebrow in response, looking over the document fully. “Do these people not have anything better to do?” She pauses, looking over at the demonic swamp to her East. “I suppose I’ll just let them have fun…”

If you want to solve your religion and decide on whatever the hell is going on instead of arguing who's right, look to the scripture, guys. It's not that tough.

Back