Tears and Grins

1639615166337.png

[!] You would encounter a bard at a small gathering, he would tell you a story:

''There was a noble wedding not so long ago… but during the ceremony one man was remarkably absent… it was Franz Villein, the commander of Ceril’s keep. Some meddling feast attendants thought it would be an enjoyable thrill to sneak through the castle and try to find the missing guest. While most Guards of the faithful were either at the feast or on watch. Villein was not caught in either of those acts, rather he was heard praying in his chamber… behind closed doors. His voice wavered between raging diatribes and mournful shrieks filled with agony. The meddling feast attendants were too curious to retreat and decided to eavesdrop into the prayers. Their ears tightly shut against the door, their faces filled with unease when the men heard the specifics of what Franz was saying. Between the heartfelt hymns and firm arrow prayers one sentence kept reoccurring: Bring...back….my ........Annabel……
At the end he recited what seemed to be a poem… about a raven…. knocking at a chamber door….

[!] The bard fell silent for a moment, then he continued :

''I bring to you this story because I can’t help but feel curious, I will start investigating this case soon… but I need help. I am sure there will be a loathsome reward if we find this woman named Annabelle. A friend of mine said he has read about that raven the man was talking about, my friend has spend much time in the Hadriana Library''

Last edited:
Back