Nation Announcement The Republic goes to War

HerrVonAdmiral

Hertog van de Zuidelijke Hinterlanden
A Call to Arms!

[!] A declaration was plastered on Raevendrechts notice boards and a message was send informing all governments of Eden, with exemption of Hadriana [!]

1679950079682.png

The Republic of Raevendrecht is under attack. Recently the Empire of Hadriana has seen fit to incite and manipulate the common man. Through lies, deception and propaganda this once great bastion of Man has troubled and clouded the mind of its citizens by drawing their attention away from the Years of Sorrow and the mismanagement of their Empire towards our Freestate.

1679950179241.png

In the past the Attians and Hinterlanders had a troubled relationship. As the Attians came down from the north they warred against the scattered tribes of the Hinterlands. Later when their empire collapsed they continued their conquest against the now United Tribes culminating in the 90 Years War. My people lost that conflict and were annexed. During the times of the Kingdom of Hadriana Hinterlanders were seen as second class citizens, and only few reached to the top, however our spirit and yearning for freedom remained. We served the kingdom loyally and fought in its countless wars and many dynasties. We fought in the Hadrian Civil War, as loyalists, we fought against Veronia as loyalists, however we always caught the short end of the stick. The sudden death of Emperor Matthias, who was vital, and in the spring of his life caused a shockwave through the lands of Man. As from the shadows some unknown figure, claiming to be of great heritage stepped forward to claim his seat. It is a convenient fact that this so called Lichtenfelts rose through the ranks so easily, eliminating all opposition through schemes and treachery, saving not even Emperor Matthias from their poisonous grasp. I ask you this. Where were these Lichtenfelts during the Second Hadrian Civil War, where were they when the Empire needed them most? Not many remember though the history books record of no Lichtenfelts surviving the First Hadrian Civil War. As the Hadrian population slumbered and the Years of Sorrow began the Emperor sought conflict with neighbouring nations such as the Kingdom of Luminion. However their farms remained unmanned, and a new class of lesser families rose to the stature of past great houses as the Emperor gave away lands as candy to everyone who but smelt his farts.

Not many years later, after the defeat in the Second Civil War our people once again united, united on the principle of freedom. As it was not I Silas who commanded anyone to come North, it was the scattered Hinterlanders that saw for themselves the opportunity to self-govern and establish their own nation since the 90 Years War. And it is the people of Raevendrecht that have established this, not I. As Hadrian propaganda would have everyone believe they think of me as a dictator. However no Hadrian official has ever set foot within the Estates General, the bastion of freedom and citizen participation, with exception of the Emperors own daughter, whom my people still admire for her bravery to overcome the goose stepping of her father and seek unity. Thereafter we received a long silence as the Hadrian lords were bickering and infighting and noble houses turned against the Emperor. It seems though that the memory of the Hadrians is short when they want to, as these struggles were quickly cast aside when they needed a new enemy to focus their attention to. Therefore I wish to inform Eden that the Empire of Hadriana has declared war upon our young Republic, putting at stake the careful balance that has kept Eden at peace for many years. In their warmongering attempt to demonize the Republic they seem fit to twist history repeatedly. So let me state this fact very clearly:

The Souvereignty of Raevendrecht is a fact, as it is not a nation of ordered around peasants but a nation of free men and women of many races. In their sorry attempt to criticize our democracy the Hadrians themselves have created 'the Duma' a mock copy of the Estates General which only serves as puppet parliament to their absolute monarch. I ask you, people of Eden to unite against this threat, do not stand idly by, for the Hadrian dog has envisioned themselves as the new patriarch of Eden and will soon challenge everyone, from the Spine of Eden, to the Silver City of Luminion to the Everlasting Woods of Mitrona. Do not for one second think or believe that they will simply stop at Raevendrecht, the Empire will come for you too.

The Republic is in danger, however as I walk through the streets I see a people motivated at heart by the yearning of freedom. We fight not as peasants, commanded by a brute, but as a Free People and we will ride out and meet this dog in battle and put him in his place.

To the peoples of Eden I ask the following:

Will you let this dog grow into a wolf? And will you let it gnaw on your children in the future as well? I ask you will you put an end to their endless aggression and aid the Republic in stopping this beast in its tracks? I ask you to sign up for our Foreign Legion, as soon the Empire will be at your doorstep as well.

Additionally we would request the Kingdom of Luminion, who I know has long opposed the rise of an aggressive human nation in the West to supply the Republic of Raevendrecht with arms, only arrows and steel can defeat this monster and we require plenty. I ask you to deliver us a caravan of arms, for which we will pay handsomely, I would not ask the Silver City for their swords in battle, though I urge you to discuss this disturbance in the peace created by the empire of Hadriana.

Signed:
Silas Moetiour- van Leuveren, Stadtholder of Raevendrecht

Last edited:
Back