The Skirmish of Flussland - Bonelord Campaign Summary #1

Bells ring throughout Westerlanden to Adelsburg. A rider shouts “The bone lord is marching”. The still morning stirs. Children are hurried indoors and told to wait with hushed breaths. Men draw for their equipment and march out. The hooves of horses gallop down the emperor’s road.

[! The following is posted throughout Eden !]​

1714899863894.png

1714899889447.png

Marketday, 30th; Rainswrath 1546

We have won a great victory. Following the rally in Lunburg, we set out to strengthen our northern border and erect defences to slow the tide of undead advance. A small contingent of men and elves along with architects, masons, lumberjacks and carpenters set out the morning of Fireday, 29th; Rainswrath 1546.

The bone lord did not sit idle; his gaze remained unshifted from us and we were beset by wave after wave of his horrors. My contingent rode forth to hold them while the defences were completed and while we did not complete the optimistically planned five tiers of defences, we managed to complete three. Three sets of palisades for the tide of undead to crash upon and for us to throw them back from. Watchtowers, to enable us greater clarity on his movement. Traps to threaten their advance.

The night started easy, with our forces managing to create the first two tiers of defenses without any issues other than an unnatural breeze which even made the pyromancer shiver. But we are not one to shy away from the cold, yet we all knew that was a warning of what was about to come. Roughly a hundred metres down, we came face to face with the biggest army that had been spotted within our borders yet. It was thanks to an overlapping charge by Aleksander de Tiri, that we noticed it was an attempted ambush with a second contingent onto our left. This knowledge led us to take a more sensible route and step back, forcing the undead to meet us at our own conditions. Our movement provoked them which caused Ghouls to leap towards us and disconnect from their initial formation, a mistake which cost them as these giant creatures swiftly saw their end with swift strikes caused by de Tiri cavalry itself. Yet, the main body of the army still remained troublesome. The army of Lunburg was soon forced to meet sword with sword, as waves of skeletons crashed down upon us. The living stood brave, and with the help of a few well-placed pyromancy spells, our line never faltered. It was not until we spotted a third entire army approaching, to which I myself sounded a tactical retreat as our builders had managed to create the third layer of defenses and secure our spot within the forest, in order to live to fight another day.

Allow me to say we are not facing a tired enemy. The forces spent in the battle of the black obelisk I dare say have been replenished and more. It was too dangerous to scout further, to push further but now we have a foothold in this war. We will no longer be caught unaware by any detachment sent into our lands.

We have won a great victory.

I award special commendations to:

Dame Raina Kraus:
My newest and youngest man-at-arms stood valiantly at the forefront and held the tide of undead at bay, gaining crucial space and time for the remainder of the contingent to fight their best.

Herr Atticus and Herr Revalor of the Eastern Realm:
My friends who came to our aid and whose flames seared themselves into the very essence of our enemies.

Kaiserin Veredra von Lichtenfelts:
For the swift gathering of reinforcements that allowed us to retreat with minimal losses once the defenses were in place.

Dame Elena di Vohta and Herr Aleksander de Tiri:
For aiding me in dispatching key ghouls that would have surely halted any retreat had they been allowed to roam freely.

I Award Commendations to:

The Wood Elf, Leman’vir. Dame Jinx. Herr Vozimir. Herr Taheer. Herr Azrael. Herr Rylanor.

For their willingness and bravery to march forth and meet the undead tide.

But, the war is not over. We have gained a crucial foothold as well as crucial information on at least the advance troops of the bone lord. The information is thusly noted:

I name them:

Undead Grunts:
A low but very real threat. Very high in numbers. Not very durable and likely to fall to a proper cavalry charge or two well-placed sword hits. The endless hordes of these make me believe this may be the bulk of the bone lord army but their numbers are not to be scoffed at. Equipped with spears, shields, and crossbows.

Ghouls:
High Threat. Swift, agile, and strong. They stand at least 2 meters above the undead grunts and the common man. They are more durable than most but can fall to a small skilled detachment if they can keep up a chase. Myself And 2 riders hunted the Ghouls that were beset upon us. If they are not taken out swiftly they are likely to surround you and impair any means of retreat.

I pray this will not be the last of our victories. But I urge we continue to strengthen ourselves and prepare for more that is surely to come.

Your loyal subject,
Zladimir de Tiri.
Markgraf of Flussland
Knight of the Golden Rose Order
Death Watch

Back