The Unfortunate Truth

[!] A chameleon would be seen sticking copies of the paper to every notice board across Eden, quickly scampering off, then heading into nearby foliage and disappearing from sight. [!]

I've traveled for most of my life, thus, I've become well versed in the history and cultures of many places, and I'm thankful for my experiences. However, I've seen through the ruse and facade of the lands I've visited. I shall call none by name, but if one is to see this and knows about recent events and prior matters and conflicts between nations, they will understand who I speak of.

Some lands banish their citizens for attempting to inform the people. Some commit systematic discrimination and monitor those of different descent which are enlisted in their military. They would rather donate their very children to their religion than keep them. Their deities may be pleased, but sending away your first born can and eventually will lead to problems. Nations go off to war over the smallest of squabbles when the looming threat is far greater than any argument at hand. Some people hold negative views to such a degree that those of a different race are immediately assumed as the perpetrators of a crime or accident. When push comes to shove, those that are different are the first to be targeted, without hesitation. This bias of bigots taints everything, but even the past and stories of old are not immune to this injustice and its poison.

Those who win wars decide what stays and goes in the records, and if one is to be on the losing side and have a valid, reasonable claim against the records made by those on the winning side, they are thought as liars and whatever they say is considered false and enemy propaganda.

One nation bars entry into one of the largest of libraries because those willing to seek out further information lack citizenship in those "enlightened" places. Rulers, seeing how they are unchallenged, take to, "disproving" claims of rights violations, unlawful imprisonment, and forced labor for that ruler's personal gain. They then claim that the writers attempted some sort of violent revolution/coup, when all they did was spread information. The press is suppressed and without representation. The nobles in other nation's see themselves so high that they feel they can walk into foreign lands, have the gall to disrespect the leaders of that nation, then demand that the leader give the same respect to them as they would their gods and deities.

These are the things I've seen. This is the unfortunate truth that scars our land. We are no better than one another, for our transgressions have come to a magnitude that cannot be ignored. Censorship and bias tamper with that which is true and nations squabbles and borders bar people from the vast knowledge in our land. Internal matters can cause problems. Nothing is safe from a biased viewpoint, whether that be reproduction or stories from the press. -F. J. Girou​

Last edited:
A older wood elf would carefully exam the post as she closed her eyes and sighed.. "If just people knew huh dear siblings? I warned you both politics is a dangerous game" She shook her head before returning to the forest safety

An old traveler watched the note as she read it before chuckling. Seemed people finally realized the horrors of battles.. well atleast some do. She never really liked people in general so who was she to blame. Though not knowing the story of those lands she continued on.

The tall hinterlander skimmed the note as she had taken a copy and moved to sit in the clinic. Her eyes ran over the words as she sighed "Same old story, just look what happened to the previous nations. The ruins in the east? God knows what happened there, or the 2 nations in the north? Who were the good and bad? Only history tells us.. and history is a view point and not the entire story.."

Back