Un-Signed Letter

[!} WOULD BE POSTED ON EVERY NATION'S NOTICE BOARD, HASTILY STUCK ON.
UN-SIGNED LETTER
[The following letter would be left anonymously, the authors hand-writing purposely masked. It would be a few pages long, the pages sewn together with string.]
'An inspection of Eden's oldest plague.'
---X=X---

There comes a time when "pushing" one's ideas that could save our world becomes morally the right thing to do. And so, if you have the time, I urge you to continue to read.

Our world is old, perhaps too old. Though through centuries and centuries of change, what was the one thing that stood firm? One thing that decades of social injustice have made abundantly clear? Systemic and structural racism plagues Eden. I believe this is ultimately what will undo us. The biggest issue that each of us faces with every generation, every family. Whether you are the victim or the abuser. The people of Eden are deeply segregated by race, and they always have been. Power gradients either reduce or increase the burden of evidence required to feel that an action can be 'justified' or will be supported in wider society. Living things learn predominantly via role modeling - what we see and hear programs the brain for those actions regardless of our genetic inheritance. Racism and prejudices are the exhaust fumes of damaged egos.

It's normal to want to spend time with people who have the same interests, background, culture, and language. It creates a sense of belonging that is important. The downside is that it can also set up differences between other groups and, over time, this might lead us to think that our group is better than others. Not only is this an incorrect mindset, it’s a disgusting one. To think that you are better than someone, especially a group of people who you have no idea what it is like to live a day in their shoes.

I know what I write is dangerous. That it risks my life. But one must be willing to give their life to end the injustice that so many people suffer. What is my pain compared to their own? How could I not share their experiences, their fears? If no one else will give them the platform to do

To stand up for the few against the many, what does that mean? It means caring for them and about them without anyone asking you to. Family is family. We are each other's keepers. So when you take that vow, it's for life, til death do us part. Despite skin color, despite background. I would lay down my life for any person of Eden if asked. That is how desperately I care for our people. How desperate I am for necessary change.

Social evolution is a movement that speaks to everyone at every level of affluence as equal partners. The system in play, racism, has been there for generations. Nobody alive now can be blamed for that. It didn’t come from us, it came from our ancestors who failed us. Failed our world, with their disgusting ways, ways they were set in. I don’t wish for an uproar, revolution is useless. Revolution "revolves" as our world does and takes you right back to the same mess where you started. Evolution is progress. That's the way onward, together.

Today, in our way of living, indifference has become a survival strategy. Thus, over evolutionary time, those who love will be selected against and considered weak; those who are the coldest will survive the best, willing to use others for whatever means suits their purpose - indifferent to their suffering. This is social evolution, the interplay between society and the way we evolve. For my part, I intend to do everything I can to tilt the balance toward love. Indifference is for snakes, not for us as a people.

Last edited:
Amari reads this

"one must be willing to give their life to end the injustice that so many people suffer."

she says out loud

"yet, your point. A very valid one. Is hidden by not being signed. We cannot make a change if we are unwilling to put a name to a cause."

she says these words, to herself as she reads it all.

Zyce would approach the board in Mitrona, checking it as he did usually, he would notice a new hastily written letter and began to read it. His glance remained unwavering as his eyes followed each word scribbled on the page. A sigh was released from his diaphragm. as he nodded to himself. A valiant effort to fight an injustice that plagues Eden, yet the truth is... I don't see this changing anything.

He would shrug and turn away from the board as he thought to himself, crossing his arms behind his back.
This letter will be cut down from other nation's board and flung across the street like common trash, as are 'Lunn. What a plague... A plague that cannot be fought with words, as much as I wish it could. A disease like this must be cut off at the limb.

Last edited:
Thallan brought a disguised expression to his composure, beginning to read the notice. He was quick to rip the paper from the Luminion notice board, squinting with a furious distaste for the impure words skimming through his gaze. "Nothing but wishful, pitiful thinking. What do you hope to achieve by begging? Showing your pathetic knowledge of the past, I can only assume." He crunched it between his hands, placing it in a nearby fire. "The best thing your impure thoughts will do, is fuel the flames of our eternal kingdom. Enlightenment this plague is too dense to understand. Let this parchment burn proof of 'Cillan supremacy."

(Have your daily dose of High Elf racism!)

Elaine looks over the piece of parchment paper with tired eyes. She say in her bed quietly, trying to self soothe herself after a long day of coughing up only Kharash knows. It appeared as if she hadn’t slept in days. Nonetheless, baby Adriel-Elias laid in her right arm. As the Khari’cerr put it in much thought, golden hues shifted to stare into her child.

“But what kind of future do I want for you?” She asked aloud hoarsely. “You deserve to live a life knowing you are on top of the world…” Her gaze trailed to the paper. “Though it is thought provoking… something my husband would talk about…” As her smile became slight, she looked to the heap of letters he had presumably sent throughout the passing days.

“I miss him right now.” She said, placing the paper next to her on the bed. “Prejudice is something that comes with living on Eseron, unfortunately. And to our benefit. If we accepted every outsider through here, we’d end up with more tiefling torturers.” The woman scoffed.

As Adriel cooed out, wanting only for his mother’s attention, Elaine abided. She held him up gently to look him in the eyes.

[!] Atticus read over the missive, an interested look donned his features as he read it over. His smile naturally forming as he failed to find a signature, however.. He did not hold a look of distaste..
"Hell yeah.. If the high elves wait until their dragon is hatched, their cowardice will be evident.. If Hadriana waits on breaking its boundaries, it further cripples their fight against the undead.."

He had a momentary pause with a sigh of relief
"I fully expect to see some play for right by conquest to silence this growing resentment of racism. Damn.. I can't wait."

Aeg took a long look upon the letter, giving a sigh.

“If only it were that simple… Ana must seek al’ana own actions to rid this world of such a foul stain.. there are still opportunities to do so..”

The ‘Lunn took a copy down from a notice board, keeping at least one paper safe from the fires of censorship. For now.. he had a plan of his own to kill bigotry..

Goldo reads through the letter and laughs at the naivety of the sentiment. He crumples the piece of paper into a ball and tosses it into the sea.

"Dats some foolish thinking. We's always gonna fight for one reason or anova. If not race, it'd be somefing else." He shook his head as he continued his stroll down the docks.

"I's betting dis gits a Tiefling."

Back