Event Announcement The Village of Masks Festival || Hexensnacht Celebration

Arkhun

Kaiser of the Hadrian Empire, Based High elf, God
Staff member
[!] Parchments announcing a grand event are spread throughout the Empire and bordering relevant nations as an invitation to attend.

Carnival.png

VOMF.png

div1Empire2.png

Issued: Moonday 25, Godsnight, 1543
By: The Imperial Office. Adelsburg, Brandenhafen
Divider.png
As the year draws to a close, and Lilith has passed Eseron, leaving its mark, the Sentinels call upon the citizens of the Empire once more to initiate the Hexensnacht Festival, the Village of Masks. At the dawn of the new year, the whole Empire shall be veiled in black and white. As the spirits from beyond roam our streets, behind veils and masks we hide. A great game is to be played to ward off evil and call for the Sentinel's protection for the year to come, for the land to be purified of gheist and demon and showered in light as we throw off our masks knowing we may rest in peace. Until the hour of midnight, we will veil ourselves and play the game of masks to uncover evil and uproot it from our presence before Dolus takes the soul to his dark spires. His and Her Imperial Majesty, the Kaiser and Kaiserin of the Hadrian Empire invite all into Adelsburg to celebrate and play the game of masks.

div2.png

The Game of Masks
How to play:

masquerade-ball-at-venice-carnival-with-ornate-masks-and-costumes-free-photo.jpg
The Outfits
In order to play, each attendant is expected to wear a highly specific outfit. Those who play are called "Townsfolk" and may only wear black and white outfits with a white mask with a maximum of one complimentary color such as blue or red. The skin must be completely covered from head to toe and the player is expected to take on a "character name" for their festival persona.

Among the townsfolk, there are those who are "Nobles." These people are no actual nobles, yet they are the ones in control of the game. They know who the hidden demons are and are mostly there as overseers. They are considered invisible from normal play unless a demon is uncovered, in which case a player may report it to them and potentially claim their prize.

Lastly, there are the "Ghosts" who are the unmasked players who have lost the game. They are considered completely invisible to all masked attendants and may not participate in any of the pre-midnight activities. They have lost the game, and now they play the wandering souls taken by Dolus.

Divider.png

f44b3cd7145e4178a11b86c4df3d309f.jpeg
The Game
The Village of Masks is an incredibly simple game to play. Before the game begins, the Nobles give a random assortment of attendants a playing card with a depiction of Dolus on them, making them a demon in the game. These demon players' task is to essentially stay hidden among the townsfolk until midnight when they may ascend.

All those who play are to be let loose in a marked part of the city. This playing ground is called the village and is set up as a lavish outdoor ball. Tables with food and drink, stores with luxury goods, and plenty of activities are to take place in the village. Yet danger looms as demons are among the townsfolk and must be uprooted by unmasking them, taking their cards, and bringing those to the nobles to claim their prize.

For the duration of the night, each attendant is to take on a persona reflecting a profession as which they play for the duration of the game. All of them are to be unique and are checked by the nobles before you are let into the game. All attendants are to act out and play their profession to the best of their abilities without naming it, for saying the profession you play out loud unmasks you, putting you out of the game. You may speak and act your heart out, but not speak the name, for it is up to the people to guess. Each and every player is unique, except a few. All demon players will be given a duplicate profession to act out making them stand out. It is through acting, showing off your profession without seemingly being a duplicate that you are to find and unmask the demons who are all duplicates.

When you think you have found a demon, you engage with them in an act, after which you ask them to show them their mark of Dolus, which is the card, if they have one, they are to give up their card, eliminating them from the game and banishing them back to Dolus' realm. Yet if you accuse a player wrongfully, you yourself are to be unmasked and join the ghosts, taking all information you hold with you.

It is up to the townsfolk to work together through good acting and show to either find or hide the demon players until midnight. Each demon unmasked rewards the finder with 500 Andros, and each surviving demon earns 2000 Andros. After the game ends, all are to unmask and a feast of color and light follows.

In order to ensure the game is as enjoyable as possible, please refer to these basic rules during the game:

1. Do not interact oocly about your findings, keep it all IC and act!
  2. Do not refuse any RP interaction during the event.
  3. When you find yourself unmasked, keep to yourself on the tavern terrace and don't disturb the game.
  4. For any questions or reports of false play, refer to the "nobles" on the field of play.
Divider.png

OOC:

To play in the game of masks, make sure to get a proper outfit as described above.
Before you enter, please sign up below using the following format:

-=-
Name:
IGN:
Participate as:
Player/organization
(If you entered as player, please send a private message to Arkhun on discord with your profession so I can note it down!)
DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONA'S NAME OR PROFESSION WITH ANY OTHER PLAYER

-=-

The event is to be held on: Sunday 09/03/24, starting at 21:30 CET / 3:30 PM EST.
The game will go on for 2 hours before the midnight celebration is to commence.

I hope to see you all there!!

div2.png

Last edited:
Name: Ashlyn Moetiour
IGN: AsylumAsh
Participate as: Player/organization (I'll be a player unless yall need help then I'd gladly be part of the organization)

A most welcome end to the year especially with recent events. Let us be reminded we must be ever vigilant of Dolus’ temptations and corruption, and root it out wherever it may rear its ugly head. This humble cleric, inquisitor and hunter would like to offer his hand in helping organize so that all may enjoy this game to its fullest extent.

Name: Aleksander de Tiri
IGN: BmZuzu
Participate as: Organization

Name: Friederich von Bergwald-Holstein
IGN: Agrhendaer
Participating as: Player

Name: Veredra Kerstin von Lichtenfelts
IGN: nephimeris
Participating as: Player

(Re-posting because I finally decided)

Name: Yara Al-Hilali
IGN: Catins
Participate as: Player

Disclaimer: I might be late (so I won't participate then and simply be a ghost) due to an event I'm running before this.

Name: Crispin C. Hilfgaard
IGN: Katsuki_Yuri
Participate as: Player

(Same as Catins, I'll also probably be attending as a ghost lol.)

Back