A letter for the Kaiser

HerrVonAdmiral

Hertog van de Zuidelijke Hinterlanden
[!] A rider not dressed in uniform, but donned with an Orange Belt would deliver a letter carrying the Stadtholder's sigil at the Imperial Palace of Adelsburg [!]

messenger-on-horseback-sheila-terry.jpg

Much has been done and much has been shed between our peoples and our families respectfully. For centuries the first Hadrians to come south towards the Hinterlands were at ods with the ancestors of my people. During the First Hadrian Civil War my family fought against the Withmond uprising. In the aftermath of said conflict they were pardoned and returned to the Hinterlands. Only to be embroiled in the devastating Second Hadrian Civil war on behalf of the United Provinces. The United Provinces did not survive this conflict, but it's people did. The actions of my late uncle Arnoud van Leuveren caused a diplomatic crisis, and though he is seen as a hero to my people for his actions during the First and Second Hadrian Civil War his actions during this crisis undeniably put the Empire of Hadriana in a difficult spot. In the aftermath of this troubled history and bad blood our families and our people are now at a crossroad on how we are to continue our relations going forward. In recent times our Freestate has rapidly outgrown its borders and has now taken its place amongst the other nations of Eden as the Republic of Raevendrecht. This Republic however should not naïevely close its eyes for its neighbours and therefore I would hereby like to reach out to the Empire of Hadriana to establish formal relations in a meeting between the Emperor and the Stadtholder. This meeting is to discuss the future of both our predominately human nations and in addition discuss the recent perils of ghouls that haunts my people and your people alike. I would like to meet the Emperor and discuss the possibility of hosting a future tournament. In this meeting I can not speak on behalf of the Estates General, but would like to speak on behalf of my family and the Stadtholder's office.
Signed:
Silas Moetiour van Leuveren, Prince of Catamora and Stadtholder of Raevendrecht.

Last edited:
[!] A raven would be dispatched to the Stadtholder's Office, bearing the royal seal of Hadriana. [!]

To the young Stadtholder Silas Moetieur van Leuveren,

I must say, your letter comes as quite a surprise. The Hinterlanders, at least those who hail from Raevendrecht, are not known to be kind to my people. Yet, I am a forgiving man, and I accept your proposal for a meeting. You are welcome to visit the Imperial Palace in Adelsburg, your safety shall be guaranteed, as it was during the Godsnight ball.

The Hadrian people hold no ill will towards the Hinterlanders, and once upon a time, the Hinterlanders were even counted among our closest allies. The unfortunate fate that befell your uncle is something neither of us would have liked to see happen, yet you know as well as I do, treason is the greatest of sins. I hope with this meeting we can take a first step to regain the bonds of old, as the Maker wills it.

May your journey be swift and safe.

Signed,

Philipp Wilhelm von Lichtenfelts, Kaiser of Hadriana, Imperator et Attia and Steward of the West.

Back