A Letter To The Khari'cerr

[!] A chameleon would run into the throne room, scampering across the floor. When it reaches the foot of the throne it sits down, letting a small scroll roll down its back and onto the ground. The moment the scroll was completely on the floor the chameleon would bolt back outside, disappearing from sight. [!]

I write this letter in hope. Hope that knowledge of old reaches the masses. We can only prevent repetitions of our ancestors' mistakes by learning from them. I am requesting that an agency be established so that the past may be preserved and properly documented, without bias of any way, shape or form. Too many stories of old are clouded by the teller's judgement, which is why we must establish an order that works to spread the truth.

As civilizations rise and fall, the ruins at present are at risk. In the northeast Dar-Azur's corruption has broken hold and spreads even as we speak, and whatever lurks within its walls slowly exits. In the west of Sunscape, Itocapehua, the now abandoned home of the lost crocodilian Itocapehuan race, is slowly claimed by the flora and fauna surrounding it. Catamora, south of Al-Khadir, has fallen into disrepair, the foundations crumbling beneath travelers feet, along with the danger of the few undead who still roam the streets. Magnia Attia is not better either, seeing how it is now under the control of the Bone Lord, along with the fact that the ruins below are sinking back into the marsh. Lowau, a town east of Al-Khadir, may be demolished for Montevenna's construction. The Black Spire, the very place where the Bone Lord was released onto our realm, stands tall, scarring the land and the very ground beneath it collapsing.

These are but a few examples of history being destroyed, as more are slowly vanishing due to the mortal desire of imperialistic tendencies of forcing others away from their homes, expansion of territory, and unnecessary warfare. I hope that you may accept my proposal and let me establish an agency that will build museums and preserve the ruins of old. Access to these locations would be free of charge, regardless if the visitor has citizenship in our land or not. Knowledge should never be barred because of borders, and censorship is the greatest crime when searching for the truth. Knowledge of foreign topics becomes less common every waking moment that the truth is not preserved. We must have a leading authority in the field or else stories and retellings of the past will become more twisted than a ram's horns.

The agency I ask of you to let me establish will be uninvolved in any nations conflicts, internal affairs, or matters of any kind. It will only seek to show the truth of the past to all, regardless of background or citizenship. It will function as a body to inform the masses about what went down years before.
May the spirits guide you to your decision, whatever that may be. -Faroz J. Girou

[!] At the bottom of the letter there would be a small note, written a little less neater, but still legible. [!]

Pardon Hua's odd entrance, he's quite hyper and it's a bad habit of his. If one of your associates were harmed or spooked I personally apologize for Hua's actions.​

Last edited:
As Apollon made his way through the palace cleaning up the floors, he’d come across the note lying on the floor. The man couldn’t help but sigh as he’d intercept it on Elaine’s behalf who was particularly sick that day. A large wolf with ashen fur and nine tails would track down Faroz with a response.

“Dear Faroz,

I hope this letter finds you in better health. Elaine is particularly sleepy today so I took it up myself to respond to this letter personally. While I appreciate your clear passion for the pursuit of knowledge, we formally decline your request for the creation of this museum.

As you should be aware in having undertaken the oath to become a citizen of the forest, our main priority as a nation is to ensure the upkeep of Myln’arbor, not pieces of history outside its borders. Furthermore, the Khari’cerr is not in the habit of sanctioning politically unaffiliated organizations that will clearly get into political trouble.

Finally, on a more personal note. While you phrase your intentions as well meaning, and against the common imperial doctrine. Not only are your statements hypocritical, but also the very height of imperial hubris. What you describe is not only disruptive to nature, but so too the culture of these supposed lost artifacts. If you truly cared about the history and cultural significance you would merely document it and publish such things to a library, and hopefully aid in the returning these things to their rightful people. However, you instead wish to make your legacy the grand protector of culture while you siphon it for all it’s worth. I hope you take this words with the weight I send them and consider instead becoming an author who writes of his adventures aiding those seeking to restore their lost homes.

~Apollon Lovell”

Skoll would almost cackle as the big dog would return to his cohort.

Faroz would be walking around the shore of the Sunken Abbey before a large wolf walks up to him. After having a slight panic attack and flashback to his child hood he’d notice it had dropped a letter to his feet. He'd sit down and begin reading the letter, swiping away the canines loose fur that remained on the parchment. He'd read the letter thoroughly, over and over for around an hour before writing his response. He'd then send his chameleon compatriot to deliver his reply.

"High Councilman Apollon,

Thank you for the consideration of my wound. It's been reopening due to travels but other than that I've been doing well. However, I feel that I did not explain myself enough in the previous letter of mine.

I am aware of the oath I swore. My allegiances belong to no one but the people of Myln Arbor. The people of the forest took me in after I was practically homeless for years. I was planning that this organization not be a member of the central government, instead functioning as its own private body. A private body, not tied to one specific region or kingdom. This is if the guild makes actions deemed controversial they are not to be tied with Mitrona so that they are not the one to blame, instead us as an organization. We are to come under fire, not the nations we shall station ourself in.

The organization is to have embassies of sorts in all nations it has sites in so that their power is in check. We do not plan to move all the artifacts into one building. We were going to move them into museums located at the very same nation the site was in. This will be privately funded by myself and others, unless the governments of those nations decide to sponsor us for whatever reason. We will pay rent for all those buildings. Some places hold true danger to those who wish to study and survey the area. Catamora, as previously mentioned, still has an undead population roaming the streets that can harm the living passerby. Itocapehua is filled with dangerous arachnids and other things of life that can pose a threat to the safety of the area and travelers passing through. Some places, like Itocapehua, are not claimed by foreign lands. This would lead us as the sole governing body of the area, if these areas weren't to be made into actual safe, public spaces which allow people to see the things our ancestors accomplished. We plan to document all findings and put two copies in every library so that the knowledge of the past is common. We will sell them in bookstores for very low prices so that if someone wishes to own a copy themselves they don’t have to pay obscene prices. If more is found about a site, we will pull all old copies from store and library shelves. Those who bought an outdated version will be given the one with new information for free. The past should be known so that we don’t repeat our ancestors history. I’m not doing this for glory, legacy, or to be written in books. I respect you Mr. Lovell, deeply. Your wife granted me safety in the forest and I’m deeply grateful for it. Roaming in the jungle for 5 elven years leads to uncertainty about everything. The one thing I had no uncertainty in was what I wanted to do with my life. My parents were murdered by cultists, and I do not seek glory. I seek knowledge of the past so that I may learn of where I come from, what happened by my ancestors actions, and how I can solve personal issues of mine. These tribulations of mine I will not say, for even in the privacy of a letter I do not feel at comfort of talking about them. These tribulations do not impact my work. I use these to steady myself on the bedrock that is my beliefs. Knowledge shouldn’t be barred by borders. It shouldn’t be tampered by one’s bias. If censorship befalls an article, then those who give it more power only add to the raging and consuming flame that it is. What I’ve proposed does not siphon culture for it’s worth. It holds it down and makes sure that it is set in stone. Stories of old are lost to time as people forget where they came from, and what happened before them becomes lost. We need someone to preserve them. By that last sentence I’m presuming you’ve read, or at least heard of my recent article on prejudices, unfair treatment, and disrespect towards others. I’m no scribe but I try my hardest to get the point across. I don’t plan to write much more than the second part of The Unfortunate Truth that is to talk about how reform is happening actively on the continent. Thank you for the consideration you’ve put into this letter of yours. I had the utmost of pleasure reading it from. Some parts I found less favorable than others, but all in all it was nice on getting to hear feedback from someone.

I hope to hear from you soon and wish to clarify or fix other issues or concerns you present. At the end of the day I only wish to have some form of guild dedicated to archeology, anthropology, and paleontology. To me, it doesn’t matter if it is national or international. My mind would just be at peace knowing some form of such an establishment exists. Also, when you reply to this, please do not send that giant beast again. I was a bit frightened and was remembered by the size of that creature of a traumatic experience I had with a wild dog back in my early youth. I would prefer if you sent one with less sharper teeth, and not one that could kill me faster than I could retell the Battle of the Liben Canal.

-Faroz J. Girou”

Last edited:
Elaine takes one look at this letter the morning after, she sends one back.

“No.

Khari’cerr, Jolie Elaine Lovell.”

Faroz, a tad surprised at the speedy response, opens the letter. He quickly writes one for his reply.

“Thank you for your consideration.

-Girou”

Back