A page in Anne-Marie's diary

lindalicious_

Community Team
π’œ 𝓅𝒢𝑔𝑒 𝒾𝓃 π’œπ“ƒπ“ƒπ‘’-ℳ𝒢𝓇𝒾𝑒'π“ˆ 𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒾𝓇𝒾 π’Ήπ’Ύπ’Άπ“‡π“Ž

Moonday 9, Highbloom, 1546

pizap (3).png

Today, I sit in the quiet confines of my chamber, our newborn son Ake cradled in my arms, while the world beyond our walls trembles with the impending storm of war. It has been a few days since we've received the news.

The Bone Lord marches ever closer, his shadow casting fear upon our lands like a dark omen. Zladimir, my beloved husband, prepares our defenses and to lead our forces into battle against this looming menace. A rally has been called upon, here in the Markgrafdom of FlΓΌssland, we are on the frontlines after all.
My heart weighs heavy with worry, for I fear the outcome of this conflict and the toll it may take on our family and our people.

From the whispers that reach our ears, it seems the Bone Lord's conquest knows no bounds. Raevkov, Wakkerdamn, Eisarnknothβ€”all fallen under his relentless advance. The North, once vibrant and alive, now lies shrouded beneath a veil of darkness, a grim testament to the power of our enemy. What horrors must the former people of those lands endure, witnessing the march of such a dread force? I myself was born and raised in Lunburg, til the sudden disappearing of our parents. The war in the Republic of Raevendrecht drove us apart, and though I have lived in Adelsburg, LΓΆwenmark, Bergwaltz and KΓΆnigstein, no place gave me the familiar comfort Lunburg has given me throughout my childhood. It is the place we are now raising our child, the heir of the Markgrafdom of FlΓΌssland.

I gaze out of the window, searching for answers amidst the uncertainty that clouds my mind. How are we to withstand this onslaught, with our resources stretched thin and our allies faltering? How can I protect my son, our heir, when the very air we breathe is tainted by the stench of death and despair? But maybe something, or someone even more important... How do I protect my dear husband like I have promised in our vows?

Yet, amidst the despair, a flicker of determination ignites within me. I may not wield a sword or command armies, but I will not falter in my duty to my family and our loved ones. I will stand as a beacon of hope in the darkness, a bastion of strength for those who look to me for guidance. For Zladimir, for Ake, for FlΓΌssland I will endure. As the sun sets on another day, I steel myself for the trials ahead. Tomorrow may bring hardship and sorrow, but it will also bring opportunity to fight for what we hold dear, to defy the darkness that threatens to consume us all. And so, with resolve in my heart and love in my arms, I face the uncertain future that awaits us.

May Alder light our path and guide us.

Back