A Tribute to Goldo Greyfang

A Tribute to Goldo Greyfang

As I walked the alleys of Raevendrecht a clamorous disturbance fell upon my ear. Dashing towards the source of the noise, I threw open the door of a home to see two goblins, clubs in their hands, bared at each other in stances of battle as if to beat each other senseless. However, they lowered their clubs as I barged through the door. The larger of the two, cloaked in a purple cloth, introduced himself as Goldo Greyfang. He told me that he was teaching the smaller goblin, Kappa, how to fend for himself. I bid them to pay me little mind, and as they returned to walloping each other with their clubs I serenated their battle with a song until the smaller Goblin yielded. I spoke with them for some time about what they were doing, what they thought of music and poetry, and much about Goldo's aspirations to learn about the arcane. As I bid them farewell, I felt inspired to write a series of lyrics to immortalize this moment. It is my sincere hope that Goldo's quest for knowledge inspires you, dear reader, in whatever aspirations you may have.

1686444214092.png

Down paths unseen, where shadows play,

There walks a goblin on his way,

Goldo Greyfang, a wanderer bold,

His steps on roads, both new and old.

Walking stick in hand, he treads the way,

Through twilight's gleam and dawn's first ray,

In realms of men and elves to roam,

Seeking knowledge to call his own.

For in his heart, a greatest quest,

For magic's secrets, he will invest,

The hidden arts of mystic might,

To grasp the threads of arcane light.

Yet amidst his journey's grand design,

A younger goblin there does shine,

Goldo, the guide with wisdom great,

Followed by Kappa, his ward, with unseen fate.

So let us marvel at this goblin's quest,

As he journeys on, in magic's behest,

For in his heart, a spark ignites,

Guiding him to arcane heights.

Back