Player Announcement An Apology, A Welcoming and A Warning

Simplistic letters would be put up around Al Jabrid and Al Khadir and other places.

“Merhaba to al’ana kin,

I pen this note for many reasons, ones that are likely obvious for many here. I come to offer three statements to our people. Take them, leave them, it is up to you. Consider this my note of resignation alongside the others.

1. I want to formally apologize for my own actions, inaction and that of the council. Our movements have been glacial and often obscured to the public eye. There have been issues we weren’t honest with, problems that kept building upon themselves. To clear up a few things, I must say that we were betrayed by our sultana as well in her departure. Whether you can believe me or not, we truly intended to make the issue public, but alas. Let it be known these are not excuses, but clarification for the state we found ourselves in as well. There were many difficulties working together, even moreso as our sultana was not present. One member cannot speak for the whole of the council, and thus it took great effort to bring the majority to agree upon a course of action. Yet despite this, more could’ve been done. Laws for magic and other matters written up, more accountability should’ve been taken, our presence made know farther. I have my own failings. There was more I could’ve accomplished during my career, more time I could’ve spent solving issues and fighting stagnation. There was only so much I could manage however. My role was akin to a party organizer in the beginning; it was my duty to give comfort to our people, to help in setting up our gatherings and festivals. This wasn’t given to me by birthright, but by ability. I earned my seat on the council, and did everything I could to prove my worth. In this regard I believe I did well, running my bathhouse and playing games, helping people relax and enjoy themselves. My other work included a hard push for the citizen’s council alongside Amon, creating an open ear for any who wished to voice their concerns. I did my part to build up our caravans, developing closer ties with the nations of Eden and bolster our economy. My entire duty was changed when Nahida returned from her absence, giving me such a vague title as the keeper of lore; not as a librarian, but akin to one who listens to the grapevine for the peoples’ mood. I struggled with finding my way in these latter years, and from the combined stress of our inaction, my pain from the calls against my order and finally culminating with the departure of Nahida, I finally left my seat at the council. I set aside my role in the jundi as well, after Esebius’s arrest. I have both failed and helped my nation, but now I realize I need no title for the duties I upheld. I did my part, and want to say from the bottom of my soul that I truly care about Anjyarr’s success, and wish to right the wrongs we made. I must make penance on my own time, and find ways to assist in these changing circumstances. At the same time, do not villainize the other persons on the council. There has been corruption, it is true, but I know for certain that many onboard it, such as Amon and Lapis and many others, who cared so deeply for this land, who likewise want nothing more than to see it rise to a place of glory. We’re not perfect, and I doubt that perfection could ever be attained in ruling. Despite all our difficulties, sins and inactions, we did the best that we could. Still, the time has come for change now, and we must repent for what we’ve done and failed to do, and work to make a better future for our people. If I am allowed to return to our home in good graces and live a simple life, I’ll take the opportunity and continue to bring comfort, trade and rest for our people, and many benefits besides.

2. I welcome this chance for freedom. I do not know what form it’ll take, or what changes will occur. However, I agree that we need to break away from this glacial pace and strive for something better. We need this, as well as someone or something that can bring it forth. I cannot support the Nobara regime anymore, not when they left us adrift for so long, promised us so much and fled like this. My loyalty is one that must be earned, and Rayyan, the one who sat upon the throne without even the council’s consideration, has a lot to prove for me. There are however things that even this revolution needs clarifying on for me as well, and such I wish to take a step back from it all to get a better picture. To that end, I wish the following to be heard, if you have yet to take anything away from this.

3. Hatred will not save Anjyarr. Although the aspirations of this rebellion seem to be in the interests of our kind, we must not allow ourselves to fall into the trap laid for us by our oppressors’ system. While there are many admirable intentions involved with the pursuit of change, what I’ve heard uttered during one particular meeting has brought me worries of our people trading one tyrant for another. Not a sultan, not a physical person by any means: I speak rather of enslavement by the whims of bigotry. The cill have done us many wrongs, amongst many others who would see the Lunn, Khadan, Tiefling and other peoples be put under a jackboot, this is true. The pain we bear from their torments is universal, one felt by all those who seek Anjyarr as its home. Yet I must ask you this: why must we bring such same hatred into our own hearts? Why do you expect anything better to come from it when we know firsthand the cruelties it brings? I have learned much from my studies, my friendships, and even from my duties what happens when the people bow before that blood stained obelisk. Those who live under it know only fear, know only wrath. Suspicion flows like a toxin through the body, to the point neighbor can’t trust neighbor. If you believe the tension brought on from these times of revolution will cease at its passing when hate is allowed to take hold, then you will only ever know hate for as long as a regime founded upon it lasts. Even if the subject of that which we despise so much is absent, we still won’t be free. Purity, that ideal puppeted before the people of the Luminous realm, that oh so vaporous substance that they claim to be so important, that they say the Lunn lack in entirety: it is nothing short of a falsehood perpetuated for millennia. It is hate under a porcelain shroud, held aloft to keep power away from their people. Hatred inevitably turns inward to the self, and purity is the means by which the whip is cracked on the backs of the ‘cill. One cannot even allow oneself to make a mistake, for if even a scratch is found upon one’s face, they’re marked for impurity, and increase their chances for becoming ostracized or even murdered for such a natural way of life. Let me ask you again; do you want this in the desert? Even those who seek to lead us won’t be free from torment, for they shall know all of these torments and more. I agree wholeheartedly that laws and protections should be set in place to keep such vileness out of Anjyarr. But the argument that we must abuse others in the same regard as the Glade does in the name of some perverse “fairness” is idiocy at best and profound malignancy at worst. You know there is no fairness in treatment of our kind there. To commit the same crimes would be naught but rank hypocrisy in all that this nation has ever stood for, and will heal no wounds of the past if not only throw salt upon them. Anjyarr must become a beacon of TRUE fairness for all peoples of Eden, one that will inspire those chained to the Glade and beyond to cast down their shackles as we have, to finally break the hate engines that rule across the globe. It stands as a testament to all others, an example to live by and trust in. If neither the Crown or this Rebellion can support such a vital organ in the body that is Anjyarr, then neither have any grounds to stand upon for their claims of betterment for our nation. Show us you care not to let bigotry be sultan of our oasis, that true equal treatment will be given to all, and you will have the right to lead us. If you have read on this far and care to know more of this, there are records that may be found even within your local libraries or at the college of Thyst, and seek out for yourself the grave of one Shalia, a ‘cill who also saw through the veil, one who was my dearest friend and fought hard to bring about equality for all.

In regards to my current situation, I have headed to the other place I call home in Eden across the way from Anjyarr. I do not want to abandon our people, but I do not want my presence to bring unneeded anguish. While I’d like to believe the promise in the ultimatum to return to a peaceful life in exchange for loyalty, I have my worries that it is not true. That a dagger will be plunged in my chest upon setting foot again in the place I once called home. If I am to be called a coward for wanting to give our people time to heal from my sins and to live to find a way to redeem myself, then so be it. Better that than to be an unwanted nuisance or constant reminder of the past. I’ll leave it to you all as to whether I should return or not. I’ll take silence as rejection, and move on with my life in hopes of righting my wrongs. If you would have me return, send a letter to the Urneldrash. I hope our council’s recent actions have satisfied most of the Ultimatum, though I have not been ignorant to the very first mark on the letter. Though I disagree with his methods and haven’t met with him much, I wish Esebius well in his recovery. By Finneal’s law, kin must not kill kin, and it would seem that many have forgotten this

I wish you all good health and implore that great wisdom be used in the days ahead. If you’d have my simple parties and trade routes return, send forth for me. I bid you ado, and farewell for now or ever, depending on your wishes.

Sincerely,

Aegnern Piuldrash.

Back