Server Announcement Automatic Aging and Natural Death || A Brief Overview!

javert__age_progression_by_nyranor_d48guka-pre.jpg

╭⋟────────────────────────────╮
Automatic Aging and
Natural Death
A Brief Overview!
╰────────────────────────────⋞╯

divider-wip-digital-art-cole-sprouse-complete-post-steemit-3.png

Good morning/afternoon/evening gamers! This time in forum post format. Exciting! That usually means something official is on the horizon, right? And you would be correct! In the last community call, we discussed a bunch of upcoming features, of which the first to come out will be automatic aging and natural death plus some more stuff. This forum post goes through all the changes and explains them so there is no confusion regarding them, because yes, you'll be able to die of natural causes soon. Crazy.

Automatic Aging

This one is nice and simple, after the update goes live, you no longer need to manually update your age every year if you even did that to begin with, I know I always forgot.. Anyway!- No more! Your characters will soon be aging automatically on the birthday of your choosing! So yes, that also means character birthday parties now!
This is a little change that was long due, and now it is finally here! (Or well, soon)

jonah-mudlx-metallumsbirthday.jpg

Natural Death

Ah yes- death. One thing that kind of goes hand in hand with your character being put on the automatic line towards the days of becoming a greybeard is of course that at some point, the aging stops and your character dies from old age. It is the undeniable reality that we must all face at some point and now, your characters will too! It is something we do to make sure our characters live up to a reasonable age and don't wander around eternally for hundreds of years over their max-age. Now, how does this work exactly?

Each race has been assigned a "maximum age" that they can live. Does that mean that my character will live up to that age and then suddenly drop dead? No!
When your character gets created, they will automatically be assigned a date on which they'll die that is randomly placed around the max age that the character can reach based on their race. Of course, you'll never see that on the front end, but it is there and saved for the moment your character hits that age. When that happens, you will get a notification on that character about half an IC year in advance so you can wrap up your roleplay on that character and basically... well... prepare to die. Grim right?

Now, of course, we do understand that this may raise some concerns with some of you who may be really attached to your characters. While some of this may sound a little scary to some, I can assure everyone that dying of old age is quite an achievement to reach. For an average human who lives up to 80 years on Fables, to go through an entire life cycle from teen to death takes around 3.5 OOC YEARS to reach. For Elves it is closer to 10 years even. So unless you start out older, it should not be a major concern for you! But it is good to know that it's there of course!
Maximum age per race:
  • Attians/Khadan/Hinterlanders ~80
  • High Elves 400 - 500
  • Wood Elves 300 - 400
  • Dark Elves 440 - 500
  • Denur ~ 200
  • Orcs ~ 150
  • Goblins ~ 130
  • Halflings ~ 80
  • Tieflings ~ 130
cc6ea987c82010e278c4b1f4c38c88ab.jpg

The Little Things
Minor changes that will come along with this update:
  • The minimum age for characters is being pushed back to 8 or the equivalent of that for Elves.​
  • You'll be asked to set your birthday in character creation now instead of just inserting a number.​
  • When the update launches, your age will be set to "unknown" and MUST be changed manually by the user to avoid dropping dead all of a sudden. I'll make sure to make about half a million announcements regarding that when the time comes.​
The update will launch really soon, when a definitive date is known, I will, of course, make sure to share all the details!

That was all for now! I'll see you all when the update drops and after that, on to even more exciting things.... TRAITS!

Kisses, Ark

Back