Biomancy: Spells and Balancing

Biomancy has huge potential for spells and magic, but its spells are… underwhelming. Two healing spells, even though we already have an ability that heals, and just throwing spores at peoples face? Sure, there’s some great and hilarious spells when you think about it, (Kor’s Expansion) but what else? We have control over the very grass itself, and yet the best we can do is make rose bushes. Granted, it is nerfed like this as some people could make some new spore spell that controls peoples minds like the entire fucking plot of the Last Of Us, but there’s gotta be something we could do. Chinese Bamboo Torture is a good example of this. Why not have a spell where the user bring up bamboo shoots to impale the enemy? Some spells arguably should be nerfed, as I feel like we shouldn’t be able to tame any draconian animals. I find it stupid how we have two healing spells, and also a healing ability. I’d personally prefer we do the following:
Get rid of the level 1 heal spell
Replace the level 1 heal spell with the rose bush spell, nerfed of course.
Switch the insect swarm spell to the spot of the rose bush spell, but nerfed.
Make a better, more plant based spell, preferably manipulating moderately large trees. (Or even go the bamboo torture route and have the shoots impale the enemy.)

Edit: for those who do not know of Chinese bamboo torture, it is where bamboo seeds are planted beneath a tied down victim, and the bamboo shoots grow slowly in through the victims ass and eventually beheads the victim by which the shoots grow either through or push up and sever the victims skull.

Last edited:
I don't have much of an opinion on this but this was actually hilarious to read so thank you
It was my utmost pleasure of being light upon this issue. I really fucking despise it that biomancy has TWO HEALING SPELLS AND A HEALING ABLITY, either change the ability or change one of the spells, it’s such fucking mind-numbing, brain rotting, idiotic nonsense that we have that much stuff for healing, and the stuff for plants and animals is boring as shit.

Last edited:
Back