Nation Announcement From the ashes, we will rise...

Kriegsman

Gamemaster Team
Hadrian Empire Logo.png

The streets of Adelsburg: empty, full of tension, as if a minor match could light the city on fire, making people go at each other's throats. It came to no surprise the nation of the Attians had fallen from grace substantially since the fall of the Hadrian Kingdom. Since the fall of their king. With the rise of usurper kings and queens, who too fell to the Sentinels of karma: Maroth, and Judgement: Dicium. Their bodies are never to be found, either forgotten or taken by those they call Demons.

The cities of Veronia, as the nation was now called, lay empty. Like Adelsburg and their Kingdom, the people had grown weary of the actions of their leaders but also became doubtful. Doubtful of what would happen should a new king arise, should the match be lit and thrown. The nation was indeed standing on its last legs, and people feared that it would fall, just like the empire of old.

The gate stood wide open, unguarded. This could be seen as a lone knight, accompanied by two other knights, who drove into the city on horseback. The Hadrian Breed's horse stood proud and tall, like their riders clad in armor and blue colors. One of the knights carried a banner not held for a long time. The knight in front wore armor that had a thread of familiarity. But none could guess what it was. The three knights looked upon the Adelsburg Cathedral while they drove by, bowing their heads in respect upon the now silent holy building. The clergy had retreated to the catacombs long ago. People looked between the tiniest openings of their window shutters, doors, and alleyways. They were trying to take a peek at the three strange knights that had driven into their city.

As the three knights stood before the Weigh House, commonly known as the House of trade and income or Townhall, they halted their horses. The knight in front took a good look around the city, letting his eyes take in the scenery. His gaze ended upon seeing one of the banners of Veronia, black, yellow, and red. Some people who stepped outside were curious enough to ask.

"Who are you?" asked a young boy to the metal man. The knight looked down upon him and opened his visor, revealing his young face with kind blue eyes staring into his. A blond beard hid his jawline, yet a smile could be seen.
"My name is Matthias, young boy." spoken in a calm and greeting manner. He then lifted his head, looked around the people to gain their attention, and raised his hand. "My name is Matthias Joseph Withmond!" said the knight, taking off his helmet and moving down his chainmail coif to reveal his long blond hair, a trait similar to King Roderick. "I am the son of King Roderick Withmond. My mother, your queen, fled this nation upon my father's death and left an heir. I AM THAT HEIR!" he said proudly, shouting across the square to make himself heard. Know the armor was recognized. It was the old suit of armor King Roderick wore!

The boy looked upon him with awe, his mother rushing forward to take him away, yet she paused as the words of the knight struck her. The voice sounded young, not yet battle-hardened. The knights behind him sat calmly, listening.
"With me, I brought two of my fathers' loyal knights of Hadriana. They already joined me on my quest to retake this once great nation." he continued, pointing the knights out with an open hand.

"Your halls are empty, and I am here to reach a hand to you all. A hand of friendship, of love, and guidance. A hand of unity!"
His hand extended to the mother and boy. He smiled at them and then gave the banner on the walls of the House of Trade and stern look.
"Pull that down." he commanded his knights. One of them nodded and got off his horse. He quickly walked over to the banner and tore it down with both hands, causing the flag to rip and the symbol of Veronia to be torn in half. He tossed it in front of Matthias. The other knight had also done the same thing and threw it on top of the other, followed by a torch taken from the wall. Both banners quickly lit, and more people had gathered outside, watching the flags of their fallen kingdom burn and turn to ash.

"I, Matthias Joseph Withmond, named after the father of my father, carrying the family name. In order to ensure the security of our people and continued stability, the Kingdom of Veronia will be reorganized into the first Hadrian Empire! For a safe and secure society!" he spread his arms to them all, as to embrace them. He smiled at them, only meaning the best in his speech of unity.
"Now is the time, men of the Hadrian Empire, to unite and face the ultimate foe. As The Maker fought, so shall we. We shall become part of the legend. For The Maker, for the Empire." he shouted with pride across the city, turning to the people. He paused as the people beheld him with awe-struck faces. Their eyes lit up. He inhaled for the final calm words.

"I am Matthias Joseph Withmond; some may call me Emperor. As long as I hold the sword of my father, you may bow."
The little boy smiled and nodded as the knight spoke the last words. The boy knelt to one knee, looking up with the knight that represented nothing but the days of the true Hadrians. Matthias smiled and chuckled at the boy, happy to see his reaction, and nodded in appreciation.
He then watched at the pile of burning banners, which grew thanks to his knights and the help of the people of Adelsburg, who began to clap and cheer, yet some still watching with wary eyes.
"From the ashes, a new world shall rise. The rise of the Hadrian Empire shall be greater than ever. It is what my father desired..." Matthias said to himself while the banner of the Withmond family wavered proudly behind him.
index.png

Last edited:
*meanwhile Dain is looking at a distance while the boy is having his say a little smile gets on his face realising the irony ....maybe now there will be true peace..... *he continues his journey to find a kingdom that needs him and his fellow Inquisitors

Last edited:
*Alexander would hear about the Withmond family returning to power in the Heartlands from one of his informants and thought to himself* Well well well, would you look at that... At long last, the Heartlands might finally know peace and prosperity again, I suppose I should travel back up north to see how this all unfolds...

*As Dominika was walking through the streets she heard people talking about this return and she would reply *"Finally, a place where people are welcome to do their own. Finally a place to live in peace. I thank u Maker. *and she would walk past the crowd heading to the market to buy groceries*

*Isabella would hear about the new as the rumors spread in Catamora, and think out loud* "After rain comes sunshine.. They say" *She seems to take a breath before saying* "It would be a great idea to pay them a visit after they've settled down a bit.. Or invite them to our feast to assist Roderick's son in this journey". *She would walk around the room for a bit and says* "I hope he succeeds in finding peace for this troubled nation, the citizens have gone through enough".

View attachment 538

The streets of Adelsburg: empty, full of tension, as if a minor match could light the city on fire, making people go at each other's throats. It came to no surprise the nation of the Attians had fallen from grace substantially since the fall of the Hadrian Kingdom. Since the fall of their king. With the rise of usurper kings and queens, who too fell to the Sentinels of karma: Maroth, and Judgement: Dicium. Their bodies are never to be found, either forgotten or taken by those they call Demons.

The cities of Veronia, as the nation was now called, lay empty. Like Adelsburg and their Kingdom, the people had grown weary of the actions of their leaders but also became doubtful. Doubtful of what would happen should a new king arise, should the match be lit and thrown. The nation was indeed standing on its last legs, and people feared that it would fall, just like the empire of old.

The gate stood wide open, unguarded. This could be seen as a lone knight, accompanied by two other knights, who drove into the city on horseback. The Hadrian Breed's horse stood proud and tall, like their riders clad in armor and blue colors. One of the knights carried a banner not held for a long time. The knight in front wore armor that had a thread of familiarity. But none could guess what it was. The three knights looked upon the Adelsburg Cathedral while they drove by, bowing their heads in respect upon the now silent holy building. The clergy had retreated to the catacombs long ago. People looked between the tiniest openings of their window shutters, doors, and alleyways. They were trying to take a peek at the three strange knights that had driven into their city.

As the three knights stood before the Weigh House, commonly known as the House of trade and income or Townhall, they halted their horses. The knight in front took a good look around the city, letting his eyes take in the scenery. His gaze ended upon seeing one of the banners of Veronia, black, yellow, and red. Some people who stepped outside were curious enough to ask.

"Who are you?" asked a young boy to the metal man. The knight looked down upon him and opened his visor, revealing his young face with kind blue eyes staring into his. A blond beard hid his jawline, yet a smile could be seen.
"My name is Matthias, young boy." spoken in a calm and greeting manner. He then lifted his head, looked around the people to gain their attention, and raised his hand. "My name is Matthias Joseph Withmond!" said the knight, taking off his helmet and moving down his chainmail coif to reveal his long blond hair, a trait similar to King Roderick. "I am the son of King Roderick Withmond. My mother, your queen, fled this nation upon my father's death and left an heir. I AM THAT HEIR!" he said proudly, shouting across the square to make himself heard. Know the armor was recognized. It was the old suit of armor King Roderick wore!

The boy looked upon him with awe, his mother rushing forward to take him away, yet she paused as the words of the knight struck her. The voice sounded young, not yet battle-hardened. The knights behind him sat calmly, listening.
"With me, I brought two of my fathers' loyal knights of Hadriana. They already joined me on my quest to retake this once great nation." he continued, pointing the knights out with an open hand.

"Your halls are empty, and I am here to reach a hand to you all. A hand of friendship, of love, and guidance. A hand of unity!"
His hand extended to the mother and boy. He smiled at them and then gave the banner on the walls of the House of Trade and stern look.
"Pull that down." he commanded his knights. One of them nodded and got off his horse. He quickly walked over to the banner and tore it down with both hands, causing the flag to rip and the symbol of Veronia to be torn in half. He tossed it in front of Matthias. The other knight had also done the same thing and threw it on top of the other, followed by a torch taken from the wall. Both banners quickly lit, and more people had gathered outside, watching the flags of their fallen kingdom burn and turn to ash.

"I, Matthias Joseph Withmond, named after the father of my father, carrying the family name. In order to ensure the security of our people and continued stability, the Kingdom of Veronia will be reorganized into the first Hadrian Empire! For a safe and secure society!" he spread his arms to them all, as to embrace them. He smiled at them, only meaning the best in his speech of unity.
"Now is the time, men of the Hadrian Empire, to unite and face the ultimate foe. As The Maker fought, so shall we. We shall become part of the legend. For The Maker, for the Empire." he shouted with pride across the city, turning to the people. He paused as the people beheld him with awe-struck faces. Their eyes lit up. He inhaled for the final calm words.

"I am Matthias Joseph Withmond; some may call me Emperor. As long as I hold the sword of my father, you may bow."
The little boy smiled and nodded as the knight spoke the last words. The boy knelt to one knee, looking up with the knight that represented nothing but the days of the true Hadrians. Matthias smiled and chuckled at the boy, happy to see his reaction, and nodded in appreciation.
He then watched at the pile of burning banners, which grew thanks to his knights and the help of the people of Adelsburg, who began to clap and cheer, yet some still watching with wary eyes.
"From the ashes, a new world shall rise. The rise of the Hadrian Empire shall be greater than ever. It is what my father desired..." Matthias said to himself while the banner of the Withmond family wavered proudly behind him.
View attachment 539
Heartland-optimist.png

*raises a brow as he heard the rumors from one of his merchants* "A Withmond back on the throne?" *he turned to A'mos who stood besides him* "Remember the tales of Roderick Withmond?- This must be that son he always talked about." *he took a sip from his wine and shrugs* "I suppose we will have to wait and see what the next boy-king is going to do."

"Hmm," the 'cill turned her attention as she looked out through the tinted glass. "It is merely a rumor. Though, a strange one at that. Not many that I can imagine would start a rumor of a late king's heir showing up in the midst of a kingdom's collapse." A'mos casted her gaze back at her husband with a smile. "I wonder if the child's reign will be a good one?" she mused to herself.

Last edited:
"You hear that?" The withering man held up his lantern while reading the letter which was brought before him "Your son's king now-" A soft smile appeared on the man's face as the soft blue light illuminated the rotting flesh of the man's face. "Only if you could see him" A sadistic chuckle left the man's lips as he gazed into the lantern, smiling softly as he listened to the many wailing voices which came from the lantern. "Let's see how long he lasts, mh?- I'm sure there's enough space in this old thing for him to join you-"

Back