I, Aleksadrine Vahlen... [Final Letter]

Nephimeris

Chaos Incarnate
Staff member
{!} A note is widely distributed throughout the Empire, prominently displayed on numerous boards. The parchment would display the signature of the author and the distinguished insignia of the old Celestinian Medical Guild.

Serthian Emblem.png

generatedtext (10).png

First of the Vahlen family, sister of the previous Kaiserin, Catherine von Lichtenfelts-Vahlen, and Nikolaus Vahlen, aunt of Wilhelm and Severin von Lichtenfelts, Head-Medic at the Celestinian Hospital before my departure and the Head of the Celestinian Medical Guild, betrayed fiancé of the infidel Kvothe Folkvarthr and witness of far too many things.. I write this letter to serve as my final testament before I draw my final breath.

I had witnessed numerous problems in the world with my own eyes. Familial disputes, schemes, betrayals, and people unable to keep a promise, all ammassed in one place. Ever since I returned to the Empire, it has been nothing but a heavy weight on my shoulders, instead of the beacon of hope I was expecting. It all started with the insatiable thirst for power that had plagued my family, witnessing its destructive effects on my sister to the point she plotted to harm an innocent child she found bothersome. She even managed to involve Kvothe Folkvarthr in her twisted scheme, tempting him to join which he was considering once upon a time.

Concealing secrets as deep as elves engaged in questionable relationships that would be considered treasonous to their kind, yet still finding solace under her wing. Once upon a time, I used to be just like that. I considered all those my friends too until they all mysteriously vanished when the hardships had started.

After her sudden disappearance, I made the conscious choice to dedicate some time to myself and my personal research. As life began to stabilize and my wedding preparations were underway, I saw it as a ray of sunshine amidst the chaos. That was until I heard rumors about my fiancé having slept with someone else the moment I return. Some random whore who had crawled to my hospital to check her purity so she would escape the allegations, like purity is only based on that bodily factor. Neither of them had considered informing me about the existence of such rumors, which naturally upset me since I would have expected to be the first to know. In the midst of the chaos, my anger continued to grow as more suspicion arose. I gathered my belongings and left seeking solace in solitude. I had hoped for a letter from
Kvothe Folkvarthr, the last person to witness my departure, but to my disappointment and heartbreak, none came. Soon enough I received news that he had dropped his precious clergy title, which he had previously said he does not care about, and only wanted to keep for his own personal ambitions. And of all reasons, it was due to the celibacy rule. Which, of course, suggests that he had already found another.

So, I ask you, who took him in, would you really want someone of that nature by your side? Someone who would betray your trust in a heartbeat? Someone that makes promises that he cannot keep?

I once yearned for a more ideal world, yet my optimism has waned for quite some time now. And you, have simply proven me right. So I bid you farewell. I would have wished for the opportunity to meet again someday, but
may you be riddled by Elric's fire once that day arrives.

Last edited:
Alyona took the note from one of the boards during her daily ride before arriving home, making her way upstairs scanning the paper as her eyebrow rose sitting down on her bed "Why did we have to be mentioned in this," she glanced over her shoulder, her eyes settling on Illor and Johann whom both had fallen asleep on her bed, shaking her head "At the very least she did not mention our names." she ran her hand through the childs hair before her gaze settled on Johann "Du cire o bessir es o khari mi love." she muttered under her breath

Brita van Leuveren ran her hands over the note, trying to wrap her mind around where she had heard that name before... She paused for a minute - resting her fingertip idly over Aleksadrine's name. "The Harbor.. I and Cedryk, of course... About what a season ago now?" She hummed lowly to herself, in her left hand rested Silas's heir, she rested back into the chair - smiling to herself. "Perhaps people will re-think now, considering the circumstances,"

The Vater's eye quickly scans the note brought by a servant while he feeds the pigeons in his courtyard.
In an inscrutable way he closes the note in silence. Then in a reflective tone he looks at the sky and says:

"Dolus rejoices at the lovers' perjuries.
However, every lover is a warrior and Alda must have an entire encampment".

His face remains motionless for a few moments, then he throws the last handful of birdseed and returns to the palace.

Back