Merci, mais je dois y aller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drdo

AOUhgddiahgiadhgoiaHDf

Little ice breaker there because I wasn't sure how to start this-
Uhrm, right. I started on this server on 16/1/2023, 143 days ago with 895 hours of playtime. Fables has been such a huge part of my life in that time, The earlier days were the best for sure, When the roleplay was casual, And I only had one character lmao. I won't get into the whole "I can't keep a character" thing too much, Everything there is to say about it has already been said, I don't want this to be another one of those forum posts from people leaving (*cough cough* max *cough cough*) just attacking the wonderful staff or players.

That's not to say I'm not going to point out some issues I see, I could absolutely be wrong, But I feel as if this is my farewell speech I am within my rights to do so. But that will come later on, I will start by saying that I am so grateful to have been whitelisted on this server, Even now, There are pockets in this community filled to bursting with the most wonderful unique people ever. The wonderful Landon, Truly my guiding light at the moment, A message of support every morning.
The energetic and loyal Ghost (I won't name-drop you, But I was tempted motherfucker:gun:) No matter what, I can always count on Ghost to be there, Truly one of if not my most loyal friend. The at points distant but overwhelmingly sweet Lyte, Incredibly understanding and very nice company (If he goes afk again I'm going to invade his country solo). Error- I just wish we were in the same timezone- You're such a sweetie </3. Okay okay, As much as I'd like to name all the various people i love there are just too many, If you didn't get a name drop it's a skill issue </3.

At times, I have felt ignored on the server, It's more than likely my paranoia and my overwhelming L-ness. But- I think that there are a lot of people on the server that don't have a whole lot of respect for me, I won't elaborate on it, As I think if it's the truth and not just my brain I won't need to.

I have achieved nothing on this server and I realise that, But I had fun being 27 different people, Even if most of them sucked real bad-

Adhdgadj writing so much- Idk what to saaay, Uuh, Staff. The staff are good, They are all trying their best, But don't say "I'm telling you this as a staff member" It doesn't make people listen to or respect you, It just makes you grow a neckbeard faster(/lh).

I feel like my energy for the server started really running thin when I realised just how difficult it was to maintain an elemental magic schedule with a healthy ooc schedule, Thus i ended up abandoning a few magics, Which I'm sure didn't help my case lmao.

And I know I'm not funny, It's a defence mechanism. If you laugh at my bad jokes, I appreciate it more than you could ever know.

Uh, Closing statement and the main reason I left the server but I won't get into it too heavily otherwise peeps will come after me, So ill contain it in three words!
Fucking mercs man.

Drdo, Out. B)

The energetic and loyal Ghost (I won't name-drop you, But I was tempted motherfucker:gun:)

ATO DYING

AOUhgddiahgiadhgoiaHDf

Little ice breaker there because I wasn't sure how to start this-
Uhrm, right. I started on this server on 16/1/2023, 143 days ago with 895 hours of playtime. Fables has been such a huge part of my life in that time, The earlier days were the best for sure, When the roleplay was casual, And I only had one character lmao. I won't get into the whole "I can't keep a character" thing too much, Everything there is to say about it has already been said, I don't want this to be another one of those forum posts from people leaving (*cough cough* max *cough cough*) just attacking the wonderful staff or players.

That's not to say I'm not going to point out some issues I see, I could absolutely be wrong, But I feel as if this is my farewell speech I am within my rights to do so. But that will come later on, I will start by saying that I am so grateful to have been whitelisted on this server, Even now, There are pockets in this community filled to bursting with the most wonderful unique people ever. The wonderful Landon, Truly my guiding light at the moment, A message of support every morning.
The energetic and loyal Ghost (I won't name-drop you, But I was tempted motherfucker:gun:) No matter what, I can always count on Ghost to be there, Truly one of if not my most loyal friend. The at points distant but overwhelmingly sweet Lyte, Incredibly understanding and very nice company (If he goes afk again I'm going to invade his country solo). Error- I just wish we were in the same timezone- You're such a sweetie </3. Okay okay, As much as I'd like to name all the various people i love there are just too many, If you didn't get a name drop it's a skill issue </3.

At times, I have felt ignored on the server, It's more than likely my paranoia and my overwhelming L-ness. But- I think that there are a lot of people on the server that don't have a whole lot of respect for me, I won't elaborate on it, As I think if it's the truth and not just my brain I won't need to.

I have achieved nothing on this server and I realise that, But I had fun being 27 different people, Even if most of them sucked real bad-

Adhdgadj writing so much- Idk what to saaay, Uuh, Staff. The staff are good, They are all trying their best, But don't say "I'm telling you this as a staff member" It doesn't make people listen to or respect you, It just makes you grow a neckbeard faster(/lh).

I feel like my energy for the server started really running thin when I realised just how difficult it was to maintain an elemental magic schedule with a healthy ooc schedule, Thus i ended up abandoning a few magics, Which I'm sure didn't help my case lmao.

And I know I'm not funny, It's a defence mechanism. If you laugh at my bad jokes, I appreciate it more than you could ever know.

Uh, Closing statement and the main reason I left the server but I won't get into it too heavily otherwise peeps will come after me, So ill contain it in three words!
Fucking mercs man.

Drdo, Out. B)
YOU- GATO IS DYING-
YOU ARE A WONDERFUL BEING DON'T FORGET YOU ARE MY RIGHT HAND MAN O7
I WILL MISS YOU BROSKI </3
REMEMBER I'M NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP AND NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN <3
I'M CRYING BECAUSE OF YOU- YOU PIECE OF SHIT ;;;;;;;;;
I'M GONNA SPEAK IN SPANISH JUST SO YOU SUFFER-

Last edited:
Take care mate, miss you. Will send whatever riddles my wretched brain coughs up over for you to have fun with if you down

1686189877936.png
MERCS..

1686189897331.png
RUINING MY RP?

1686189922627.png
THEY'RE COMING FOR ME..

Look just, leave this post and don't say anything if you are not here to say goodbye to one of the best ooc people i have met.
It's just keeping your hands out of the keyboard.

Look just, leave this post and don't say anything if you are not here to say goodbye to one of the best ooc people i have met.
It's just keeping your hands out of the keyboard.

The best is wished for him and his endeavours elsewhere, I just think in this current environment where many people are slandering the mercs, finishing your goodbye post with that unnecessary line is unfair. He could have went without, but he chose not to despite knowing the consequences. I think this is a fair response from people.

The best is wished for him and his endeavours elsewhere, I just think in this current environment where many people are slandering the mercs, finishing your goodbye post with that unnecessary line is unfair. He could have went without, but he chose not to despite knowing the consequences. I think this is a fair response from people.
You mean the response of the exact same people he means? Look, i'm not going to discuss it rn, but it's better to just avoid this type of comments and just say goodbye.

You mean the response of the exact same people he means? Look, i'm not going to discuss it rn, but it's better to just avoid this type of comments and just say goodbye.
Leaving w

You're right, it is better to avoid that type of comment! Slandering players when they've done nothing wrong is poor form and bad conduct. Not a good way to say goodbye.

Was the comment unnecessary? Absolutely. Rude? Possibly. But uncalled for? We don't exactly know. If he felt the need to mention the mercs, then something related probably played a pretty large part in his leaving. I believe they have for some other players that have left recently too. It wasn't a great note to leave on, certainly, but it doesn't seem to be 'slander' so much as indicative of a larger communication issue within the playerbase.
In other words, it seems like something best discussed elsewhere, with players who didn't just quit the server.

Well he had 1 more chance to say what he thinks was 'the last drop' i cannot dissagree with that tbh. If this is how he feels then why shouldnt he say it ?

So Drdo , I have always enjoyed the banter we had when we got in call . Honestly i didnt expect you leaving like this but if this is what you want no one wil lstop you and i hope the best for you and as snake said your always welcome to join back

Was the comment unnecessary? Absolutely. Rude? Possibly. But uncalled for? We don't exactly know. If he felt the need to mention the mercs, then something related probably played a pretty large part in his leaving. I believe they have for some other players that have left recently too. It wasn't a great note to leave on, certainly, but it doesn't seem to be 'slander' so much as indicative of a larger communication issue within the playerbase.
In other words, it seems like something best discussed elsewhere, with players who didn't just quit the server.

Well he had 1 more chance to say what he thinks was 'the last drop' i cannot dissagree with that tbh. If this is how he feels then why shouldnt he say it ?

from the depth of these responses, i would like to introduce to you the radical notion of having an opinion but not necessarily broadcasting it to the world. it will save you a lot of money in resetting broken noses as you get older.

people will always form opinions and like and dislike people because humans are social creatures, and it's a lot of wasted breath to make sure everybody knows exactly what you think of them, and usually does no good! in fact, his sombre goodbye farewell has turned into people focusing on a tiny loaded statement instead of his time on the server.

you can say "ack! he has a problem! we must solve this!" this isn't someone trying to patiently highlight, elaborate and resolve a communication issue with a significant (and new!) group of the server's players, but somebody yelling something unkind because they "know" they're leaving and won't need to pick up the pieces with directly insulting dozens of people. the avenues for conflict resolution do not begin nor end with somebody insulting people and not looking back.

nobody bent on one knee and supplicated him for his opinion on people who're currently doing mercenary-style rp and leaving it to the last line shows that he wanted to drop a loaded comment and have people argue over it. people who are rightly upset that they're being "blamed" for someone leaving the community (discount the fact that drdo did quite a bit of crp to these people when they first join lmfao) are allowed to say that the comment is unnecessary.

say goodbye. do a cute little mock french poem. hand out your items and delete your characters. at no point of leaving is it necessary to try to start a conflict with a group of players.

and if drdood comes back after a little hiatus? all he's done is insult people, and he'd need to deal with that.

from the depth of these responses, i would like to introduce to you the radical notion of having an opinion but not necessarily broadcasting it to the world. it will save you a lot of money in resetting broken noses as you get older.

people will always form opinions and like and dislike people because humans are social creatures, and it's a lot of wasted breath to make sure everybody knows exactly what you think of them, and usually does no good! in fact, his sombre goodbye farewell has turned into people focusing on a tiny loaded statement instead of his time on the server.

you can say "ack! he has a problem! we must solve this!" this isn't someone trying to patiently highlight, elaborate and resolve a communication issue with a significant (and new!) group of the server's players, but somebody yelling something unkind because they "know" they're leaving and won't need to pick up the pieces with directly insulting dozens of people. the avenues for conflict resolution do not begin nor end with somebody insulting people and not looking back.

nobody bent on one knee and supplicated him for his opinion on people who're currently doing mercenary-style rp and leaving it to the last line shows that he wanted to drop a loaded comment and have people argue over it. people who are rightly upset that they're being "blamed" for someone leaving the community (discount the fact that drdo did quite a bit of crp to these people when they first join lmfao) are allowed to say that the comment is unnecessary.

say goodbye. do a cute little mock french poem. hand out your items and delete your characters. at no point of leaving is it necessary to try to start a conflict with a group of players.

and if drdood comes back after a little hiatus? all he's done is insult people, and he'd need to deal with that.
I think he just wanted to express what he felt tbh , im not argueing here im simply stating that it should be possible for people to voice their opinion instead of being oppressed by other peoples opinions.

Also frill it is not adviceable to lecture someone about "Having an opinion but shouldnt broadcasting it at the world" as you just said we all have our opinions on matters and i think its important to showcase them .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back