Player Announcement My comments on Imperio Valegro

Kriegsman

Gamemaster Team
[!] A letter is sent to the nation of Imperio Valegro. The news of this letter and what it contains is revealed to the public in Adelsburg and spread around to other nations by merchants. [!]

Hadrian Empire Logo.png

I am sending this letter personally to the Empress of Imperio Valegro, Lady Isabella Van Leuveren-Moetiour.
A day ago from this letter, I, Emperor Matthias Joseph Withmond, visited your Empire upon invitation for a feast of celebrating the birth of both your heir and nation. However, I must say many eyebrows were raised, not just by me, but by many of the Hadrian Empire.

The feast started like any, pleasant and full of joy and manners. Yet, many of your people did not know who I was or where we even came from; however, you spoke directly to our newly founded Empire and me in your invitation. Bothersome in my opinion, but a problem I can quickly forgive, same as you and your people first calling me "King." As we did not have a propper introduction yet.

But alas, a feast that was supposed to unite all races turned sour when one of your own peasants attempted a ritual suicide in the name of some fictional, non-existing "revolution"? Are these the Attians that moved to the south for a new life after the joke of a kingdom the usurpers had turned Hadriana into? A young peasant trying to take his own life in the middle of a great feast, possibly for his own benefit of attention, suffering from what I can only call self-delusion and Dolus his corruption, seems to be expected in this nation? Not much later, we continued to feast as if nothing had happened?

Many questions came to me: Why were weapons allowed? How can it be your peasants obtained these weapons? Where were your guards?
These were some of my most significant concerns while visiting your city of Catamora.
My guards, on the contrary, were present. Yet, they were bothered by these peasants as if they saw some kind of entertainment, touching and adoring my knights like some sort of attraction in your city. To the point where I had to intervene myself, as the people would've jumped them like hungry rabid dogs. How peculiar...

After these many events, I took it upon myself to leave with my entourage for my own and the protection of my kin.

If this is a nation that shows a new beginning, I am not seeing it. This is not a personal attack to you, Empress; it is merely a criticism of how this new Empire is ruled. It felt unsafe, chaotic, and overall a cesspit of disfunction.

However, at the end of the letter, I still wish to speak to you in person. More, over the future of our people, the Attians, and to get to know each other more. I wish to know the woman and the people that knew my father better.

index.png
Signed:
Emperor Matthias Joseph Withmond

Back