News - ✠ The resignation of an Erzbishop ✠

Apateus

[!] A bulletin is posted in front of the Grand Cathedral of Adelsburg, bearing the seal of the Vater.
A copy is also kept in the Temple Rules' Archive in the Vater's Palace [!]

AlderismSidfriendly.png

✠ Erzbishop Kvothe has resigned ✠

What is honor compared to a woman’s love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms, or the memory of a brother’s smile?

Erzbishop Kvothe has in recent weeks declared his abdication from the rank of Erzbishop of Norburen following the latest bulletin promulgated by the Temple on Minor Celibacy for Erzbishops.

It is not possible for the high servants of Alder, those who regulate the fate of the faith, to serve two masters: the mouth of the Oracle and the high prestige of their lineage.

The Vater consequently inherits the Erzbisphoric of Norburen and will therefore directly deal with the work of the clergy in the Hertzland, until a new Erzbishop is appointed by him.

In accordance with Kvothe's desire to abandon the clergy as a whole, I therefore remove the title bestowed upon him of "Honorary Templar".

This has been predicted.

Signed Gregor von Volker, Vater of the Alderist Temple

Last edited:
The emerald eyes wandered through the streets of Adelsburg, deep in thought as the feet took him towards the Temple. Not a place he would have wished to visit at the moment but a force of habit that unconsciously took him there. Blinking back to existance, the norse man was about to leave when the attention was drawn by the new notice. The fingers underlining the words and running through the paper while the gaze followed right behind.

"So one cannot have both...Honor and Love, Duty and Kinship...maybe i am more greedy than i thought"

Shaking his head and letting out a soft chuckle that would form a subtle smirk, gesture that barely managed to pierce through the veil of sternness over his visage. Giving a last mumble before diving into the maze-like streets of city again.

"Maybe after all my decision was not wrong...as Vater Gregor said, Volker knew of this..."

Last edited:
Ashlyn Moetiour was scribbling down some letters in her study when her handmaiden came in to hand her a transcribe that she'd made of the notice on her outing to Adelsburg. The woman's eyes quickly glossed over the paper and a smile grew on her face. "He already told me, but I didn't think the Vater would be that petty." She let out a soft chuckle, crumbling the paper in one hand as her other stuck an index, dragging down a tear with her finger and tossing the paper into it. The woman mumbled to herself as she went back to writing. "What is honor compared to a woman’s love? Interesting..."

A hooded woman strolled through the dimly lit alleys of Adelsburg, coming to a stop in front of a notice board as her attention was captivated by a particular paper. Her amber eyes scanned the words with a raised eyebrow - though not out of surprise. She let out a scoff as she removed her hood revealing herself as Aleksadrine.

"Interesting.. Ai wonder which whore persuaded 'im to leave 'is precious post zis time."

She continued to walk down the road, quietly mumbling to herself, "Yet again, ai stand correct."

During her daily stroll, the Herzogin von Bergwaltz would stop in her tracks at the sight of yet another missive pinned against the Grand Cathedral. After reading the words, she perked a brow "Oh dear..." she muttered to herself "This makes sense with all he has told me... I hope he is doing better once he gets some rest"

She strolled on, though the words on the missive still swarmed around in her head, going over false accusations of the past as she kept muttering to herself "One should not be fooled by these words, he must have resigned for not only the troubles it has cost him, but perhaps his admiration for a specific someone too" Anne-Marie began to smile, thinking about the duo she had seen together many times.

Katherina looked over the announcement. "This is only the right course of action, hearing all the whispers in the streets." She crossed her legs softly, reading further on the paper. She simply could not stop herself from breaking out into a small and delicate fit of laughter. "How.. entertaining." A soft pause. "I wonder if my brother would get a laugh out of this."

Wisteria would stare at the post longingly, one of her gloved fist balling up, her other holding a tight grip on her child. Her brow furrowing, before tilting her head to the side. "A man leaving such a title, just for her?" The woman mumbled under her breath - before letting out a tsk. "Simply a trick, for a man can give woman gold, and yet leave for nothing." Turning her gaze over towards her child, She'd release a sigh from her mouth. "Apologies Whinnie dear, but I believe it is time to go home, I have yet to address with Auntie Ashlyn." - "I'll tell you a little listen about grandpa on the way home."

Back