On The Path Towards Prezza L'Aquila, You Stumbled Upon A Piece of Paper...

kokonee

A sheet of paper can be found lying crumpled on the road near the sign by the bridge in Mapledale. It was stained by dirt and a horse's shoe print could be seen in the bottom left corner. Upon further inspection, you noticed it was a letter. The ink was smudged and some words were blurred out. The legible words read:

"Dear Ash -a-----,

Aga---t my gre-ter fear --- judgment,
I --- no lo--er hold on to this s-c-et much furt--r.
I f--- it w--ld bring more harm --an --d
if I c--tinue to h-de the growing corruption wit--- me.
It wo--- not take long un--l I ful-- lose myse-- and succum- to the darkn---
- have to --ave Eden. O-r time wa- --ort but I tre--su-- y-- as my gre-t fr-end.
I en--ust y-- w--h m- ---ks, I have hid them --

(the next two whole lines were blurred out by the smudged ink)

- --ust --- -o k--p the- awa- fro- the wrong hand-
I m-st go now, far- th-- w-ll, fri~"

The last word was preceded by a long stroke of ink that was smudged. The back was completely blank, there was no sender. It seems that the letter was never finished.

Ash would hum to herself as she was passing by as she noticed the piece of paper on the side of the road, the elfess would let out a sigh as she shook her head. "People these days have no care for the environment..." she says as she curiously picks up the paper, dusting the dirt off before uncrumpling it, "It might even just be empt-" The elfess' eyes widened as she read through what legible words was in there, her grip tightened on the letter as tears start to impact the road below, her hands trembling nonstop.

Ash would pocket the piece of paper, folding it neatly this time, before slowly walking off, leaving a trail of tears behind.

Back