PAPAL BULL: VITIUM DUBII

“Vater Süle? How are you feeling today?”

“I feel my strength returning with every pasing day, Johannes. How is your memory?”

“- Ah, my apologies. Patriarch Süle. It is a difficult adjustment.”

“It’s not something you do intentionally, do not fret. What news? How fares Bishop Alexios?”

“.. The same sort of whispers and back room chatter, Patriarch Süle, since you fell ill.”

The small, spartan room Wernher Süle lay bedridden in for a few days in went quiet for a while. The sickly man lay back in his bed, staring flatly at the ceiling wordless. After what felt like an eternity fo silence to the attendant Johannes, the Patriarch slowly sat up, inhaling a deep breath as he swiveled and took off the bed sheets.

“Ah, Patriarch? You still haven’t fully recovered, you should remain in bed -”

“Sleep? Rest? Recover? While these hungry dogs continue to snap at the heels of Alexios, the man I appointed?”

“No, I think not. There is work to be done, Johannes. Please help me up, and find me some parchment, with a quill and some ink. The presses of Adelsburg shall be brought to life once again.”
“Of course, Patriarch Süle.”

“Oh, and give my regards to the dear Bishop for the good work he’s done. He deserves a good bit of praise after all those who would defile his name have done.”
1686853734113.png

VITIUM DUBII

The Vice of Doubt

Edensrest, 1533
1686853730015.png

To those who dare call themselves faithful:

- ✠ -
Do you willingly sell your souls to the fallen Saint Dolus?

Do you not believe that I am the Patriarch, formerly known as the Vater, of the Church of Alder?

Do you stand against the anointed leader of the Electoral Imperium, his Imperial Highness Volronus?

If you, who would describe yourself as a believer in the principles of Alderism, find yourself saying yes to any of these, then you stand against Himmelschwart himself.

I am vested in my authority to delegate to His Eminence Bishop Alexios to perform my duties while I am temporarily incapable of doing so. Those who doubt or oppose the actions of Bishop Alexios, therefore, not only also doubt myself and my authority, but that of the Church itself.

The Patriarchate is above the petty machinations of politics and those who seek to twist the Church into a tool of propaganda. We are rightly guided in our actions and do not concern ourselves with the squabbles of Man, as our mandate is to shepherd those who are faithful to the virtues of the Alder to the Halls of Divinity.

If any of this strikes a painful chord within those who would read it, then perhaps this is the time to consider just what you are doing, and return to the path of Alder, to turn away from the whispers of Dolus and Lilith. Return to the light of the Himmelschwart and be saved. Perfect your faith in the Alder and you will certainly join your brothers and sisters in the Halls of Divinity.

Reject the Alder, and be damned to the Endless Plains for the remainder of eternity.

- ✠ -

Issued from Adelsburg, at the Cathedral of St. Onnodrith, Harvestday 18, Edensrest, 1533.

Ecumenical Patriarch Wernher Süle

1686853739099.png

Back