Response to Calamity

HerrVonAdmiral

Hertog van de Zuidelijke Hinterlanden
[!] A rider would set out in the night carrying a letter with the Stadtholder´s Crest.
The rider passed quickly through the Ghoul invested lands of the north, delivering the letter to Aeri’cill A’mos Zaithrall personally. [!]

1670675382229.png

Esteemed Lady-Mother, I hope this reply finds you well. We have dispatched our bravest rider to carry this message through Magna Attia.
The nights in the North seemed to have elongated. Whatever bit of sunlight we enjoy during the daytime is dimmed out by the sight of the moon in the same time it would take a boiling kettle to cool down. During the nights strange abominations roam the lands of Magna Attia, the same who attacked Raevendrecht during the 5th Estates General. The Captain of the Orange Guard has taken lead into this investigation as I myself was struck during the chaotic fighting in the streets.

We have gathered witness accounts and are in the process of autopsy on the greater demon that attacked the Freestate. In your letter you have stressed that certain undead beings now roam Eden, the likes of which we haven't seen up north. These... Ghouls are evil spirits or mutants that are very much lively. They feed on the remains of corpses and gravesides and they seem to function not as an undead hivemind, but as foul individual creatures. Uppon their attack, Raevendrecht was 'warned', or threatened so to say by a Ghoulish feminine apparation, that warned of Lilith's Veill weakening and the creatures passing through it. As I have stated these Ghouls are not the undead you are searching after. But have formed an immense threat to the security of the Freestate. Whatever horrors roam our lands we haven't found any concrete evidence that these are connected to the 'Bone Lord' you speak off. But they are currently the most invasive force in Eden. As Raevendrecht we will stand this tide, but this can not be achieved on our own. We would co-operate in talks of your investigation towards this 'Bone Lord', but must see to our own defences first. As of now I am unable to send a large force, nor delegation outside the borders of Raevendrecht as it would leave our hold vulnerable to further Ghoulish assault. We might be able to attend a smaller gathering, preferably close to our borders to share what we know, and so we might learn what you know.

As the Veill is thinning, more and more dangers might appear in the North and I must see to my people, who have already suffered through the decades, though not at the hands of demons. If we are to overcome this threat I must confide in you and ask you, not only as a representative of Luminion, but as my Lady-Mother, that Luminion does not forget our bond and aid us in the wars to come. Therefore I conclude this message with the following: Raevendrecht is open to cross-border talks with any nations, even the wicked ones, to overcome this threat and will try to contribute our knowledge, remaining however that the current immideate Ghoulish threat at our gates has priority for the safety of our kin. I have confided this knowledge with Grand Pensionary Dominika van Gravendrecht and my uncle Johan van Leuveren, and will convey further negotiations with the Estates General.

I am looking forward to seeing you again, if it calms your mind I must add that I have all but recovered from my wounds.
Signed:
Stadtholder Silas Moetiour- van Leuveren, Prince of Catamora and Lord of the Hinterlands.

Last edited:
Back