Nation Announcement Seeking out the Moetiour heir. || A notice to Veronia

Arkhun

Kaiser of the Hadrian Empire, Based High elf, God
Staff member
[!] A notice was spread throughout the Imperial Province of Veronia

Lichtencrest_2.png

SEEKING OUT THE MOETIOUR HEIR
div2.png

The bells of Mortius toll as the Empire mourns at the deathbed of our Markgrafin Ashlyn Moetiour who tragically passed in a hunting accident. A dark shadow has been cast over the land as the Empire feels just a little bit colder in her absence. But like all things, time moves forward, and matters of state are to be resolved.

Markgrafin Ashlyn Moetiour died without a child and thus without a direct heir to her lands and titles, it is therefore that the Imperial Court is seeking out the oldest living direct relatives to Ashlyn to follow in her footsteps as the rightful ruler of the Imperial Province of Veronia.

Any candidates are to present themselves to court after a formal invitation is cast. To receive said invitation, send a bird to the Imperial Palace bearing your name, seal, and status within the Moetiour family.

Signed,

DiederickSignatureV2.png

HadrianaSeal.png

div2.png

As the moon cast its gentle glow through the nursery window, Anne-Marie cradled her 2 months old son. With tender care, she nestled him into his cradle and the room went silent for a moment. Footsteps could be heard rushing through the hallways of Lunburg's Castle shortly after, bringing disturbance to the much needed silence. Just as she turned away, a knock echoed through the hallway. Heart fluttering with a strange unease, Anne-Marie opened the door to find a solemn-face. One of Anne-Marie's handmaidens presented the letter to her, it was clear from the bottom edge's it had been torn off from somewhere. "They did not even give her a proper valediction. Our beloved friend and Markgrafin, she was like a mother to me when I needed her, she deserves recognition for all she has done for the Empire" Trembling fingers curled around the parchment, her eyes scanning the words that shattered her world in an instant. Tears blurred the ink as the devastating news sank in, stealing the air from her lungs. Collapsing to the floor, Anne-Marie's cries mingled with the night, the weight of grief heavy upon her shoulders. Unfortunately grief was not the only thing she felt, as reading the paper over and over again left her in utter confusion.....

Wisteria, Reeked of nothing but sorrow as she sat by a desk, eerie looming over the copy of the parchment as a Wine-Goblet stirred, The woman's eyes began to soften; There was nothing left to think.

Wisteria told her sister she'd be there for her, yet wasn't there when she died, she wasn't there in her sisters final moments, again.

Her brow's arching, trying to find something else to focus on, but, a sister's love is strong, no matter how harsh

She can't let this happen again.

"I'm sorry."

Steering her eyes over toward's the Kaiser signature, furrowing her brows.

"hm."

Janne walked through Lunburg, the notice on the notice board catching her eye, an eerie chill running over her as she read through the words, her eyes filling up with tears "She's.. Dead?" she spoke with a shiver in her voice, walking home the tears running down her cheeks, she gulped as she stopped at her front door "She would murder me if I were to lock myself in the house to grief.. Let alone cry about the fact." she wiped away her tears as she got her babies from the baskets holding them close to her forcing a smile on her features "Let us see what grandma is up to.." she made her way towards the beach.

[!]

It had come by shock, the death of his guardian. That the news that she had perished after her extended stay away in Adelsburg, was this. His heartbeat hastened; his breaths became erratic as he panicked. He'd isolated for a day or two after this, trying to analyze what he might do next. This was all wrong, he thought. This wasn't supposed to happen. None of this was supposed to happen. Whinnie wasn't supposed to go, he wasn't supposed to go- Ashlyn wasn't supposed to go. And yet, he felt expected to do something. A call for an heir, to a land he scarcely even wanted. To a family..

The call to arms was often one unrequested by those who receive it. Florence grieved as best he could, and though he couldn't register still that Ashlyn was gone and maybe for good, he worked anyways to write what he felt was requested of him. Still, he hoped anyways that someone else would prove to be a far better candidate or take it, so he didn't have to.

A letter returns, delivered by bird as had been requested.

I am Florence Moetiour, son of Ashlyn Moetiour. I humbly request an invitation to present myself as a candidate for the seat of Veronia. Forgive me however, for I cannot locate a requested seal. If this is an issue, I may arrive in person.

Signed, Florence Moetiour.

Walking quietly through Veronia, a man dressed in ragged clothes and a hood seemed to be searching for something. The man tiredly glanced at a noticeboard, his eye turning wide in horror and shock, quickly walking closer, reading the parchment intently, shaking weakly, his mind racing wild as he read, his shoulders slowly slumping down, falling to his knees before the post.

"H-how did this happen now...? This wasn't how it was supposed to go...." The man muttered in a hopeless voice, tears welling up in his eye as he reminisced of their last encounter "I.... I'm sorry, my... love"

Last edited:
Walking quietly through Veronia, a man dressed in ragged clothes and a hood seemed to be searching for something. The man tiredly glanced at a noticeboard, his eye turning wide in horror and shock, quickly walking closer, reading the parchment intently, shaking weakly, his mind racing wild as he read, his shoulders slowly slumping down, falling to his knees before the post.

"H-how did this happen now...? This wasn' r how it was supposed to go...." The man muttered in a hopeless voice, tears welling up in his eye as he reminisced of their last encounter "I.... I'm sorry, my... love"
OH MY GOD HE SAID IT SOMEONE CLIP THIS RAAAAAAAH

In a room once filled with her sister's presence, Amahri Moetiour sat surrounded by the remnants of a shattered life. With one hand gently rubbing her throbbing temple, the other tightly clutching a parchment torn from the notice board.

"No’ Th' welcome A' expected."
she whispered, bitterness and longing intertwining in her words.

With a heavy sigh, she let the paper fall back onto the desk. The silence in her sister's letters now made sense. A hunting accident? Absurd. She couldn't believe this was the best excuse they had. But speaking out might lead to the same fate that had claimed her twin. She knew exactly why it happened, but she was not expecting it to happen this soon.

With a tired groan, Amahri straightened up, grabbed a fresh piece of parchment, and began to write a letter addressed to the crown.

After an hour of struggle, marked by a pile of crumpled drafts, she finally signed her name to the letter. With a heavy heart, she left the study, only to find the once lively aviary now plagued by sickness.

Curses slipped from her lips as rain fell from the sky. She turned on her heel and left the room, resolved to deliver the letter as swiftly as possible.

Iiyama traveled through Cerils keep, her eyebrow raising at the awful silence, only to be broken by her armour hitting the stone ground, her hands settled behind her back as she made her way towards Königstein just to be met with more silence, her gaze falling to the notice board as her head tilted, her lips parted though no words came out. . "Anbatila?" she signed in an odd sign language, her eyes flickered between the notice board and Cerils keep, a breath leaving her as she decided to make her way back home instead, leaving a small black flower by the keeps door.

Dain walks passed Cerils keep as he walks through Königstein with his hands folded behind his gaze stern resting on the notice board Hm ? So shes dead... he peaks an eyebrow for a moment letting his gaze scroll over the paper Even when i didnt expose her little secret she still got herself killed... i know she didnt die in some hunting accident he rolls his eyes for a second in dissapointment another old Veronian council member to the afterlife, seems like me and Kisho are the only left now.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock* The keep echoed empty to his knocks, a black flower had been pushed into the entryway corner by wind. It had been a while since he saw her and the little one. But even as he waited in suspension, even after he climbed the building and looked for any sign of occupation, there was nothing. An uneasy feeling of nothing. The black smoke constantly flowing down his face helped to hide his nervousness, it is already risky enough to come here, but now something else seemed wrong. But there was not enough time for him to investigate, his mind and body already hurrying to leave and wander off when his eye caught the paper.

This night some might catch a glimps, a form, a ball of blackness rolling over the streets. Animals running from the cackling coming from within the mix of black smoke and something unnatural black, unnatural moving, something that was supposed to only lie on walls and floors. A stench of iron made even the bravest- no, naivest- animals run away.
"A... Aha- dead- AS IF! ha.. AHAHA!" His steps only hurried, his freeform magic just flowing out of his body at every point as he searched the land for the slightest hint of her. Some night owls might have seen this thing move over the Hadriana lands, looking like the opposite of a lamp, instead of warming light only damping darkness flowing out of an unrecognizable center. Only after many hours the thing's movements slowed, lingering in front of the Hadriana gates for a few moments. But just when it seemed to slowly move inside the city walls it suddenly turned towards the forest, disappearing in the thick dark of the trees and bushes.

The ball of black form and blood smell would flare up in a few spots over the lands, covering an area in smoke, the surrounding shadows dancing to the man's arrival, for the next days. Once near the swamp, and then traveling further south. Near a certain orc's residence, covering a certain hall in shadows deep in the jungles, an old forgotten bay settlement near a certain skull and lastly the poor fish at the south most point in Eden would keep away from the beach as the stench and smoke kept lingering for what seemed like hours, shadows twisting and clashing as his mind couldn't bare to look at the stone, a stone his eyes didn't want to turn away from. Only after the shadows and smokes calmed down could the birds hear the quiet crying of a man who had lost his oldest friend. Unclear as if from exertion or for some other reason, the constant outpour of his magic slowed and finally stopped, leaving only him sitting in front of the stones they had placed so long ago. "I beg you... please... I don't want this again... I can't.."

The poor advanced Lunarmancers in Thyst, having trained so long to barely be able and smell the voidal powers in Eden, would not even need to try to know something was there. Something, or rather someone, had clearly entered the library of Thyst which welcomed even the voidal kind. But the smell seemed to fade a bit as the new -or rather old- visitor once again surpressed all his magic. He needed to plan. He needed to avenge, no, he
WANTS to avenge Ashlyn.

((OOC information: If you want to and it's reasonable, your character can have seen this black smoke/shadow thing for a moment. But like mentioned, as this is mainly for dramatics and character development, you were not able to discern any recognizeable features of Kisho.))

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock* The keep echoed empty to his knocks, a black flower had been pushed into the entryway corner by wind. It had been a while since he saw her and the little one. But even as he waited in suspension, even after he climbed the building and looked for any sign of occupation, there was nothing. An uneasy feeling of nothing. The black smoke constantly flowing down his face helped to hide his nervousness, it is already risky enough to come here, but now something else seemed wrong. But there was not enough time for him to investigate, his mind and body already hurrying to leave and wander off when his eye caught the paper.

This night some might catch a glimps, a form, a ball of blackness rolling over the streets. Animals running from the cackling coming from within the mix of black smoke and something unnatural black, unnatural moving, something that was supposed to only lie on walls and floors. A stench of iron made even the bravest- no, naivest- animals run away.
"A... Aha- dead- AS IF! ha.. AHAHA!" His steps only hurried, his freeform magic just flowing out of his body at every point as he searched the land for the slightest hint of her. Some night owls might have seen this thing move over the Hadriana lands, looking like the opposite of a lamp, instead of warming light only damping darkness flowing out of an unrecognizable center. Only after many hours the thing's movements slowed, lingering in front of the Hadriana gates for a few moments. But just when it seemed to slowly move inside the city walls it suddenly turned towards the forest, disappearing in the thick dark of the trees and bushes.

The ball of black form and blood smell would flare up in a few spots over the lands, covering an area in smoke, the surrounding shadows dancing to the man's arrival, for the next days. Once near the swamp, and then traveling further south. Near a certain orc's residence, covering a certain hall in shadows deep in the jungles, an old forgotten bay settlement near a certain skull and lastly the poor fish at the south most point in Eden would keep away from the beach as the stench and smoke kept lingering for what seemed like hours, shadows twisting and clashing as his mind couldn't bare to look at the stone, a stone his eyes didn't want to turn away from. Only after the shadows and smokes calmed down could the birds hear the quiet crying of a man who had lost his oldest friend. Unclear as if from exertion or for some other reason, the constant outpour of his magic slowed and finally stopped, leaving only him sitting in front of the stones they had placed so long ago. "I beg you... please... I don't want this again... I can't.."

The poor advanced Lunarmancers in Thyst, having trained so long to barely be able and smell the voidal powers in Eden, would not even need to try to know something was there. Something, or rather someone, had clearly entered the library of Thyst which welcomed even the voidal kind. But the smell seemed to fade a bit as the new -or rather old- visitor once again surpressed all his magic. He needed to plan. He needed to avenge, no, he
WANTS to avenge Ashlyn.

((OOC information: If you want to and it's reasonable, your character can have seen this black smoke/shadow thing for a moment. But like mentioned, as this is mainly for dramatics and character development, you were not able to discern any recognizeable features of Kisho.))

Ike’s gaze remains fixed on the dark, swirling fog, unable to discern what lurks beyond– Yet he was so familiar with it. His expression betrays no emotion or reaction, but inwardly a primal instinct urges him to flee, fear gripping him tightly– He wasn’t cornered, he was free from those things, right? He didn’t have to worry about those things, RIGHT?
Despite his efforts to maintain composure, his body tenses with unease, muscles stiffening as if preparing to fight he perfectly knew he was losing– He was weak now.

He didn't even have time to know the news– With each stumbling step, he grapples with the disorienting sensation of
returning to the realm of the living.

Back