Suddenly, Things Got Quieter.

haleybug

Trendsetter and Loremaster Buggie
Staff member
A singular crow flies over the Glade, presumably heading west for the warmer weather.

1711638727263.png

The unfamiliar young elf, with hair as red as the autumn leaves, sat quietly in front of the lake. With her one eye closed, she took deep breaths in and deep breaths out. It seemed she was meditating. Though it wasn’t the correct posture nor breathing technique. It helped her. Especially in times of stress. N’vaestīl would always take a few moments out of her day to just breathe– and connect to the spirits. It was her job, after all. To her, to be an Azari’cerr is to interact with the spirits around her. To speak with Kharash and his subjects. Even if her social skills are lacking.

As the girl began contemplating, in the distance she could hear splashing. Not splashing, no, it sounded like waves crashing. Her eyes shot open.

“Nice! This time, let’s try to leap higher!” A short, red tiefling said in excitement. It seemed she had created a wave of her own to ride. Her eyes were downcasted towards the water itself, talking to the young aquatic creatures. And she wasn’t too far away either. The ‘Cerr thought that perhaps the tiefling didn’t see her. She did blend in with the Forest.

N’vaestīl stood up slowly, one arm raised above her head, and waved side to side. “Du cire o nuisance!” The ‘Cerr said loudly. Her tone was quite husked, as always, but the way she said it sounded like it was a genuine complaint– not an insult.

The red tiefling came by on her wave to get a closer look at who called out to her. At first, her gaze was fiery. It seemed she didn’t want to be bothered herself. Though once she got a look at the ears of the girl, and looked to see how young she was, that gaze softened. “Ah, apologies, young ‘Cerr.”

For some reason, N’vaestīl was surprised to hear some elvish come out of the woman's mouth. “... ‘Cerr?..” She shook her head, speaking louder. “Yr’ayne cire du?” The girl stood up to take a defensive stance. She was quick to go for her bow. In the young ‘Cerr’s head, perhaps she thought that the tiefling knew elvish by force.

The woman moved back with her wave. “It is okay, ‘Cerr.” She said in a softer voice. It seemed she didn’t take any offense to it. The red tiefling knew this was natural to them. “I am not an enemy, aha... After all, I am the Khari’cerr for the city.”

The Khari’cerr’s calmness confused N’vaestīl. Was it to manipulate the girl? She shook her head, “Khari’cerr? Es Mitrona?” She looked around a bit frantically. “Du cire o De’nevir.”

“Yes, well… it’s a long story... I apologize for the inconvenience. I see you were probably meditating by the lake.” She let out a soft snort. “I’ll leave you on your spiritual journey, then.” Elaine got closer to the edge of the water to then hop off of her wave. She waved without turning her back. N’vaestīl took an instinctive step back. However seeing that the tiefling didn’t take any offensive positions, it left the wood elf confused. As the Khari’cerr disappeared into the woods, she called out, “Come by the main city sometime! We’d love to have you.”

And that was it. N’vaestīl slowly looked toward her reflection in the lake. She wondered why, even after meeting a presumed outsider, she didn’t feel the need to meditate any longer. At peace. She felt it. Her voice was deathly quiet as she whispered out, “Ae long has it been?”

Back