The Beginning of the End | The Lord of Bones 💀

tlob.png

*A note, reeking of death, arrived on all of the nation's notice boards.*

The Lord of Bones has noticed a new presence within his domain. A Herzog by the name of Cedric Reinhardt has felt the guilt of the future of his nation and killed himself like a coward.

Eden will fall, and this is only the beginning of the end.

"I don't believe a word of it!" Hugo exclaimed, casting the reeking letter aside. He kneeled before the altar of Alder, the nine-limbed star of He and his Sentinels hung above.
The boy prayed. "Hear me o' Alder, for I promise to make these words known for the unfortunate heretic who meets their sad demise at the end of my sword — For the Heretic, there is only death. For the unclean, there is only Death. For the betrayer, there is only Death. So shall it be. I beseech Thee, Himmelschwert: Do not abandon the Empire in its darkest hour. Send us a sign, a potent reminder of thy wroth." Thereafter, he made an offering to Alder and to his Sentinel Salvor, sharpening his sword when he was finished.

1679689115596.png

Clarissa passed by the noticeboard, this particularly ominous letter catching her eye. As she stepped closer, she saw the words 'The Lord of Bones Followers' and 'Herzog Cedric Reinhardt'. She peered closer and realized what had happened. For a moment, time stopped, and she stood there. Finally, she shook her head, and walked off, dazed. How could this happen? Perhaps her house was cursed, maybe it was fate...

Finnea, slightly exhausted from the days work, strolled into town with a specific purpose in mind. Keeping her child by her hip, she'd smell the foul stench of death the further she walked into Anjyarr.
Her eyes glanced towards the board, and saw the similar symbol from months ago showing its presence. She'd step forward, inspecting it. Her eyes glazed over, her heart pounding at the very thought of Cedric Reinhardt, dead.
While their relationship was stained from rising issues from the past, she still deeply loved this man. Their battles together and sacred conversations, were all just a memory now. Her daughter tugged on her shirt as she wiped a tear from her cheek, and silently walked back home to grieve.

Zhen saunters into his Guild Office to sit down and read the news about the Bone Lord, expecting it to be grim. The young elf's face turns from an expression of worry to an expression of relief, even jovial as he continues to read the letter. "All this buildup, and he falls over like he's made of sticks. A ironic end to a Knight of the Realm, huh?" He chortles to himself, before beginning to study a map about the upcoming arrival of Hadriana's troops, looking a lot more confident than usual about Raevendrecht's standing in the war. He begins to think up another insulting chant, then whispers under his breath in his usual slightly-cockney accent: "My pride, my arm, my eye, goodbye..." He rhymes while tapping his foot, thinking of their past encounters against each other before going back to planning for the weeks ahead.

The noble woman would ponder around the area, Hand in hair, looking a tad crazy before catching glimpse of the Waiver, She'd scanned the letter before releasing, a frown formed on her face shaking her head, She didn't look Anguished yet Disappointed, placing her hand on her face and shaking her head "Last time I put trust into you-" Her sentence was cut off before the quick eye-widening of realization "SHIT where is his..." she ran off quickly, almost no time to think for Wisteria!

CEDRIC GO BOOM

Back