The death of the past... kinda

•┈••✦ ✹ ✦••┈•

[ Hai chat, this is a very short creative writing on my new character Virion Xyrcan as always don't metagame and only take this icly if told you can or if found out from Virion himself teehee. ]

•┈••✦ ✹ ✦••┈•

A young wood elf stood by a grave, or at least what resembled a grave. It was a simple stone sticking out of the ground, with a crude, poorly written engraving that said "Brother." The gravestone itself appeared almost handmade, with chipped sections in odd places, and edges that were poorly smoothed out, nearly eroded by time. The elf glanced at the stone with a slight frown on his face, letting out a soft sigh. He crouched down and rested his head against the stone. “Why? What caused you to do what you did? I don’t understand… we were happy. We were a family. Sure, they had their flaws… but that doesn’t mean this had to happen. We could have lived a happy life. Why did you take that away from us?” he asked the grave, though he knew he was only asking himself, as there was no way to get an answer now.

He slowly stood up, turning on his heel to face a small hut at the center of a clearing in the trees, a very small clearing. The hut seemed deeply hidden within the forests of Myln Arbor. Walking over to the hut, he gently pressed his hand against its side, running it along the dusty wooden pillar that held the door in place, serving as part of the doorframe. Clicking his tongue in thought, he grabbed the handle and pushed the creaky door open, revealing a now-empty interior. All the furniture had been removed long ago, and the inside was covered in dust, with rotting wood infested with termites. His frown deepened at seeing the state of his old home; it pained him to see a place he once cherished become so ruined.
“Sometimes, I wonder why you did what you did,” he murmured again, mainly to himself, as he walked into the hut. The wooden floors creaked and groaned with each step, as if they might burst and break at any moment from years of strain and termite infestation. “I don't know what I was expecting. Nothing worthwhile here. Just bad memories.” He sighed, running a hand through his hair, fluffing it up a bit before leaving the small hut.

Taking one last look at his brother's grave, he crouched down and placed a hand on the stone.
“Despite what you did, to me, you'll always be my older brother.” He gave the grave a bittersweet smile, feeling a few tears fall from his eyes, then stood up. “Goodbye,” he said, before grabbing flint and a chunk of stone from the eroded grave. Placing the stone on the hut, he struck it a few times until some scraps caught fire. “And goodbye to you, my past.” Letting out a small huff, he turned to the forest and began to walk away.

Back