The Librarian's Records: Der Fluss Landing, Marketday 6, Greenfall, 1532

TheVoiden

This Information is OOC

Will be updated as information becomes relevant

Eduardo_III_cruzando_el_Somme2C_por_Benjamin_West.png

"Row you bastards! Row! There's victory on the other shore- I can taste it! Can't you!?"
-Mordrael Morosov, The Der Fluss Crossing

Der Fluss Landing, Marketday 6, Greenfall, 1532
unnamed.png

The Guild:
(Total: Three)
Aethelfrith
The Librarian
Mordrael Morosov

Hadriana
(Total: Twenty?)
Prinz Hugo Alekzander
Mordrael Morosov
Cain Eldrick
Otheyn Aliahim
Siegfreid
Andrzej-Cezary
Wallace Weber
Sine Verrador
Little Foot
John Rouen
Gottfried
Eveline Ludwig
Toska
Reyhaneh Golzar
Wigmar
Jeroen
Godfrey De Vale

Raevendrecht:
(Total: Twenty Eight?)
Krisa Amadeus
Pieter-Jan
Zhen Delvin
Various armed Men at arms

Header_Top.png

Casualties

ce9e24afafaa62c273b56206e9b5313c.png

"Stand! Alder hasn't left you yet Brother!. . . Please!"

-Unknown Levyman

The Guild:
(None)

Hadriana:
(Ten)

Confirmed:
Prinz Hugo Alekzander
Little Foot
Siegfried?
Sine Verrador

Raevendrecht:
(Twenty Eight?)
Confirmed:
Krisa Amadeus
Zhen Delvin

Silas

Header_Top.png

The Hadriana forces mustered near their capital city, and at the start of the fight, they appeared somewhat doubtful of the day's victory. Their officers did their best to rouse their troops into a fighting demeanor, but holdouts in the crowd of the levy cast a more dower mood on the group. We were aware that the enemy outnumbered us, and reports of Luminion volunteer groups facing us began to circulate amongst the common rabble.

It was unacceptable, and I felt the task fell to me to rally the morale of the troops. I called out to the levymen to gather, and so they did. I informed them that the enemy thought ill of them, but not because they hated them- But because they feared them- For it they smiled. I told them the enemy feared them, because they were low, degenerate savages, whom no sane man or woman would dare to dine with, and for it they laughed. I told them that this was exactly the kind of man you wanted beside you, when the fighting got tough, when the blood got in your eyes, as you chopped your enemies apart with abandon, and for it they cheered.

I ended thus with a prayer, calling upon Alder's name, and citing the righteousness of the Hadriana's cause, despite my being paid to be so inclined. That the enemies we fought were those whom have committed Slaughter Under Trust- A Most heinous crime that any sane man would use as cause to kill even their betters. That they protected and valued hemomancers, voidal mages, despicable creatures that only hastened an end to the world if allowed to persist. The crowd answered in an Amen, and the officers took to the field with a newly invigorated force.

9e5219ed7d2b103ce12d980ce39ff31e.png

Der Fluss, the site of battle.

Our forces arrived to see the enemy vanguard across the river, both on horseback and on foot, hiding in the dense foliage that becomes a staple of the lands further north. We had forsaken horsemen, as the intense vegetation restricts their use, and it would be a hard endeavor to bring them across if we were forced to fight in open water. The fight started at a contest of accuracy- With neither side willing to brave the waters under enemy watch, both forces took to cover, natural and constructed, and rained fire on the other. No losses were sustained, though injuries were inflicted on both sides.

While a detachment of the Hadriana forces wandered the open field to garner a view of the enemy, Little Foot, a smaller greenskin on the employ of Hadriana, scored critical strikes against the enemy Calvary on the other side of the river. I estimate that half their calvary capacity was reduced to corpses by her bow alone, though their riders remained mobile on foot.

As it began to turn into an extended skirmish, it was eventually decided by our officers that the only way to ensure victory was to take the fight to the enemy. Doing so meant that we'd have to cross open water, straight into the waiting arms of the enemy. However, scouting revealed an acceptable landing location outside of the enemy footmen's capacity to intercept, and any calvary that attempted to intercept us would be alone, and thanks to Little Foot, inferior in number to oppose us.

8656018.png

Hadriana and Mercenary officers, preparing to cross Der Fluss, 1532

While the common levyman were nervous of interception, Mordrael had managed to goad his fellow officers into a water landing, and not only were the footmen unable to intercept us, their calvary declined to engage our landing, and we entered truly hostile territory absolutely unopposed. From what I am later told, their forces were becoming somewhat disorganized, as the Hadriana detachment, consisting of some of the best warriors to offer, began to harass, and even engage the Raevendrecht main bloc. They were either confused as to our true location, or unwilling to leave their flanks exposed- And their slow response time allowed the detachment to cross directly behind their lines.

Proper fighting started in the thick vegetation of the Raevendrecht hills. Our infantry was briefly surprised as the enemy levymen soared over the hill, and we lost a small number of our party in the disorganization that followed. We rallied in good order on the road however, and began a fighting retreat from the enemy assault. I took some wounds in the fighting at this point, but nothing debilitating enough to keep me out of the fighting. The detachment took advantage of our brief blunder, and began isolating and eliminating targets, or even taking on small groups in flanks. The continued disorder they sowed in the enemy lines prevented the Raevendrecht forces from pressing any advantage they gained, and any attempt to circle on the flanking force was brutally punished by our warriors. Their superior numbers fell astoundingly fast, with special mention going to the Detachment, which I believe included a Godfrey De Vale, Wigmar, and Aethelfrith. A Prinz Hugo Alekzander took wound in the fighting, but only after bringing down an extensive portion of their frontline.

The Raevendrecht forces began to disintegrate, though to their credit their survivors did not fall out of order, fighting instead to the last man, engaging in hit and run tactics as they lost the capacity to engage us in a straight fight. I'm unsure, but I believe the last to fall was one of their prominent leaders.

The day ended in an astounding Hadriana victory, with the land taking in a brutally efficient maneuver.

I expect to be appropriately paid.

Header_Bottom.png

Last edited:
Back