Nation Announcement The Nation Calls!

HerrVonAdmiral

Hertog van de Zuidelijke Hinterlanden
As of Harvestday 10, Highsun, 1525.

[!] The following letter is addressed to the lords and ladies of the Hadrian Empire as well as the holy church stamped with the sigil of Arnoud van Leuveren. [!]

1652200309462.png

Honorable Ladies, Lords, Knights, Counts, Baron's, Earls, Merhants, Clergymen, the Holy Vater and his Imperial Majesty.
In the aftermath of the civil war and the banishment of the Augassi family the House of Withmond has almost but restored the Hadrian lands to their former glory. Now proclaimed an empire the people are blessed with a holy church that adressed our needs and sins. In addition a strict land reform has passed with new borders being painted all over the former Kingdom of Hadriana. Following the treachery of the Augassis the army is now solidified in an imperial and loyal legion, where every man can show his worth. Although life in the Empire of Hadriana gives, it also takes.

As a combattant in the Hadrian Civil War and good friend of the late Saint-King Roderick Withmond it is my desire that the Empire endures. To create this everlasting Empire some things must be settled not with imperial decree, but backed by discussion and reason.
Do not presume this letter contains any condemnation nor defamation of the recent policies declared. However having experienced the Republic of the Hinterlands at first hand I motion the Emperor to allow a forum of discussion in our empire where can decide and solve differences and conjur a unified approach to the many challenges that our Empire still faces. It has come to my knowledge that a lot of this has already been done, although some measures can still be put up for discussion.

I wish kindly to extend my hand, as I am sure all other noblemen and women of the Empire shall agree that a moment of reflection and discussion is required to establish a legal and credible foundation on the current rule that will reaffirm the Emperor's authority.

An Invitation:
This letter above all is a request and an invitation. Due to the current reconstruction of our nation's Capital of Adelsburg I motion the Emperor and all other parties of prominence to gather in Prezza L'Aquila (WAKKERDAM!) for a day where in several sessions we discuss upon the future of the Empire of Hadriana, to advise and council the Emperor on the issues at hand. To be present for this meeting I humbly ask the Holy Vater and his clergy to be present, in addition all citizens of prominence such as bankers, merchants and those in a position of responsibility should be welcome to voice their concerns. I also request a seperate delegation from the Imperial Legion to be present and voice their needs and concerns to establish and maintain our armed forces. Additionally all nobles should be present to share in the challenges that face their houses and bid their concerns on the future of Hadriana.

I have summarized several concerns that in may opinion require the Emperor's attention and those of the above mentioned as well:

1. To discuss the amount of power the Holy Church has in relation to the state and to increase their executive powers in the combat of heresy.
2. To discuss the far reaching parts of our Empire where no soul but dares, these zones are outside of our control and may possibly be abandoned for the collective gain of the Empire.
3. To discuss the amount of tax for all classes of Hadrian society.
4. To discuss the executive rights of the Imperial Legion and set an increased budget for the affaires of the armed forces.
5. To re-establish our treaties and relations with the Emirate of Al-Khadir after they were dissolved under Augassi rule.
6. To send an official envoy to the new Denur High-King.
7. To clearly define the borders that seperate the different lordships and counties in the Empire.
8. To pardon all halflings and return them to Prezza L'Aquila if wanted.
9. To discuss the possibility of a military expedition to inspect what happened to the seperatist state of the Empire of Catamora in the south and investigate what lead to the downfall and the deaths of these people.

A personal request:
It has come to my attention that my sister the traitor Isabella van Leuveren has had a son, Silas de Moetiour. Be not weary for this name, because this child is still a Van Leuveren. I was confided the information that this child, after the mysterious collapse of Catamora is now being held by the High Elves. As I am childless and have no suitable candidate for marriage I wish the Emperor by his Imperial decree declare Silas de Moetiour, now Silas van Leuveren and declare him my official and lawful son and heir. In addition I wish for the Imperial Diet that is to gather to discuss a unified response to the supposed kidnapping of Silas by the High Elves.

I hope that you are all thouroughly informed and I wish the Emperor decides that now is the time for the Empire to unify as a whole and gather to discuss our future.

The Golden Age of Man is ahead, now let us arise to such aspirations.

Signed: Stadhouder Arnoud I van Leuveren
1652203827397.png

Last edited:
Back